Good:
Dawson back near his best.
Sholl used it well.
Cook got involved.
Rankine is a good finisher.
Soligo is a good footballer.
Rachele was very handy.

Bad:
Still sloppy, but hopefully they can build on it.

In before Nicks says this in the presser

"There's been a lot of noise around our performances this season, but beating a strong, tough team like North Melbourne is proof our best is good enough, and we brought our best today"

Not much to say other than Hamill is an easy delist end of season, so just blood Curtin next week in the Showdown and stop giving this guy games. Curtin easily our best in the SANFL today playing up the field, the decision should be very easy to make.

I would soon go back to Brodie Smith than wanting to see Hamill ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good
Rankine, Dawson, Tex, Worrell, Max, Laird, Rachele, Crouch, Soligo, Cook

Average
Hamill, Borlase, Nankervis, Keane (good and bad), Obrien, Himmelberg, Jones, Hinge

Bad
Umpiring
Last quarter
This seems fair, who was on Larkey out of Keane/Borlase? Whoever was probably deserves to go close to the good category, given Larkey wasn’t much of a factor

Good

Overlap running. First time we have really implemented this season.
Cook starting to impact the game.
Tex is just a pleasure to watch.
Kicking over 100 points. I like kicking goals.
Dawson looked like he was on a mission. A captains game.
Hamill managing to go 3 games in a row without being knocked out.
Rankine and Rachele showing off some tricks.
No Smith really improved our movement forward.

Bad

McHenry. That goal will earn him another game.
Himmelberg wasn't terrible, but he isn't the answer.
The freaking audio on Kayo. I don't pay $25 a month for that s**t.

Ugly

Pedlar's shoulder. Not good for the young man. Hopefully it doesn't plague his career.

Good: Cook played easily his best game. Not just with the 3 goals, but his pressure and commitment was a lot better this week. Ball movement was definitely better (Nicks did say more freedom, so this is no surprise). Maybe now we'll actually stick with it. Rachele quietly had a solid game, got some good numbers (9 score involvements) and had influence further up the ground.

Bad: Laird statpadded hard against North, and will be lodged in the midfield for at least the next month. Nankervis was quiet, which unfortunately gives Nicks a chance to drop him. Pedlar injured means he can't build any form at all. Even with North being diabolical, Fogarty didn't really sink the boots in like I expected (though he did have good involvement further afield).

This was a typical Crows rebuild season over win against a bad opposition.

Pushes us up the draft board, and gives the old stagers a 'statistically good' game- they all lined up for a few pressure-less ones. Did not a whole lot otherwise.

Are they really telling me Curtin couldn't have played in this? What would have been hurt?

Norf are so bad that for the first time this year we actually had superior foot skills to an opponent!

Can't take much out of that, Norf are a dead set shambles, but the boys will be feeling a bit better about themselves leading into next weeks game against the severely depleted Power. We should win that

Today against a dreadfully weak opponent it confirms Tex isn't anywhere near last years form and may not recapture it at his age, McFlurry needs to go been given way too many games, Jones has regressed, not sure why we bother with Hamill. We're carrying some dead weight at the bottom of the 22.

Onto next week, just do it!

Good win, can't complain too much. Aside from the obvious that our best players were good (Dawson, Walker, Rankine etc.), I thought Himmelberg and Cook were both pretty good. Never been a massive Cook fan but today he had a bit more defensive intensity to his game as well as taking his opportunities for the most part. Hopefully something he can build on. Worrell continues his good season too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back