Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R7 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This seems fair, who was on Larkey out of Keane/Borlase? Whoever was probably deserves to go close to the good category, given Larkey wasn’t much of a factor
Keane was on Larkey for most of the day.

Was only poor with that short kick turnover goal.

Can't take much out of that, Norf are a dead set shambles, but the boys will be feeling a bit better about themselves leading into next weeks game against the severely depleted Power. We should win that

Port aren’t severely depleted. Yes they have lost a couple of players from last night but us missing Murray and Tilthorpe is just as significant for our structure.

Last night, they had their best 22 basically (Soldo for Sweet).

Bad: in the easiest game we will play this year by far, we didn't debut anyone

Was important we made a statement today...

200.gif

Absolutely... as they controlled the half back line.

Plenty of intercept marks between them today.

It should be instructive: letting Doedee go (injury notwithstanding), and letting a lower salary cap younger player in Worrell have the spot did not weaken the team, and in the long term could improve it.

I'm not sold on Cook but the amount of game time given to him has been criminal. How come McSpudley and Murphy have over 150 games between them but Cook has 16 games?
Cook has x-factor & very capable around goals.

Just need to give him some continuity as he has the skill & we need to find out if he has the mental application.

Wasn't just his goals today but he also tackled, chased & harassed.

It should be instructive: letting Doedee go (injury notwithstanding), and letting a lower salary cap younger player in Worrell have the spot did not weaken the team, and in the long term could improve it.
It's criminal we didn't play Worrell earlier, but we could have played him with Doedee, rather than waiting for him to be injured.

I'm not sold on Cook but the amount of game time given to him has been criminal. How come McSpudley and Murphy have over 150 games between them but Cook has 16 games?
16 games . Reasonable not to be sold on him but he was great today

Worst team in the comp.

No other team is going to gift us that many opportunities.

Rankine is a gun.

Dawson finding form.

Liked Fogs work rate, even though he got burner and ignored so many times. I watched the forward line fairly closely and it looks like Tex has right of way leading down the middle and fog goes to the side when they are both there. This is good team strategy from a forward perspective as you don't want people leading to the same spots. I actually think Fog has turned the corner despite the lack of goals. He still has work to do but feeling like a good haul of goals is round the corner.

Cook looking like he's gaining in confidence.

Nank is a tricky bastard with the ball and exactly the type we need. Need to add muscle, not big muscles, but Scottie Pippen lean muscle.

Everything else was meh considering the opposition.

Sholl is still a pussy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't take a lot from that one, North are bonafide traffic comes, reminiscent of Neeld-era Melbourne.

That said, Dawson looks to be himself again, Rankine provided some nice moments and Tex should've had 5-6, way too unselfish today.

I'm not sold on Cook either (two of his goals were gifts) but he has to be kept in for a month to see what he can bring.

Cook paid attention today instead of living in his own dreamland. Which is a huge step up.

Borlase acquits himself well in 1v1 aerial contests. But he's arguably the worst of all Adelaide's big defenders in this regard, and equally he's the most vulnerable when the ball goes to ground. This will be a worry against tougher opponents, particularly if the wrong player gets injured.

Fogarty treading water. Neither in danger of being dropped, nor making any move to cement his spot.

Dawson getting form is important.

Cook getting confidence is important.

Rachele played a lot better.

Soligo had some good moments and not so good.

Nank looks like he knows he belongs. Takes the game on and has composure. Made a few errors, but generally used it well. Really like this guy.

Fog got into the game well after being slow in the first half.

Defence shaky today, which was odd given they've held up better against much better forward lines. Michalaney still bloody good.

Crouch a bit off, but Laird better today imo. Used the ball better and his hands were clean. Tackled well.

Anyone who takes literally anything out of todays game has no idea. NM are one of the worst side I’ve ever seen. They are so soft, that’s perhaps the most surprising thing.

The worst since West Coast last year and us in 2020.
It’s what happens when you try and rebuild too much - cut too deep and no matter how talented some of the kids are you just get flogged. North could be the new Gold Coast of wasting highly talented high draft picks and destroying their careers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dawson looks a lot better than the first month. Cook played well, just persist with him to see what we’ve got.

Sholl out, nank to wing, Smith in (gold pass)

McHenry out, Berry sub I guess?

Hamil out for Curtin surely .
Sholl out after this game. You have to be kidding.Get serious.

This entire board needs Prozac. Honestly, a lot of you need to spend less time here. It’ll be better for your mental health.

Did what we needed to today.
Good to see you back - 1 post last week then Nov 2022 before that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back