Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

They'd consider being the travelling emergency as a reward for Dowling too.
Surely Neddy can cop about of the shits and miss the game?

An indication of how bad we are going, he’s north going well enough to displace Murphy who has sucked, Murphy’s injured and now he’s a lock even though he’s sucked as bad.

He will be given every chance of coaching next year. The club and especially Olsen doesn't deal with negative PR so he will be desperately hoping Nicks can win enough games to spin injuries as the excuse and once they can spin that excuse, the debutants will come so they can further spin the positive PR into next season. But trust me, they will not look to sack a just re-signed coach because thats bad for their own image.
I see youve played knifey-spooney before

This is the big question. This was (supposedly) one of our strongest draft hands ever, and they're telling us that none of the guys they picked are playing in a team that has 0 wins? When guys all around them are playing, in teams with much better records than ours?
This is it in a nutshell. Please send this to the club. Put this on a billboard. Get it read on the radio. Logic is missing at the AFC.

So 0-4 with no debutants so far. Plus 4 first round picks playing in the SANFL (last years 3 plus Pedlar). And the guy we demote to the rookie list, on the fast track to the delist pile, is an inclusion. How can anyone at the club defend that?

When you brought it to Adelaide?

Oh yes 🤣🤣
Yep, sorry to disappoint you mate .....tasked with merging the laura based company, with what became National Foods, after its acquisition by Brierley .....and that included bringing the product south of Pt Augusta, into Adelaide for the 1st time in its history

The heritage marketing worked a treat ......21% market share in 6 months ....that's almost 40 years ago now, so the heritage aspect is lost on today's customers

The country distribution network though, spun off to become one of largest national distribution company's today

So Gollant as second ruck all game, has he done that before?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, we trialled in preseason & he was competitive enough.

I was at Optus Oval last game of last year. IMO Gollant's best game. If I remember correctly he had a short stint/s in ruck and all over the ground. Looked comfortable with a bit of freedom and took quite a few marks.

For the 5th week in a row, an oppo half back running / intercepting defender will be BOG. Saad will have a field day and put up career high numbers.

It might even be McGovern! That fat campaigner hasn’t played a decent game of football since he wore the tri colours. Time for him to tear us apart thanks to an endless supply of lace out delivery on his chest.
McGovern's been good for well over a year now. He will have a blinder tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the big question. This was (supposedly) one of our strongest draft hands ever, and they're telling us that none of the guys they picked are playing in a team that has 0 wins? When guys all around them are playing, in teams with much better records than ours?
This is like dropping Lever for finals, Davis when he was in form, not debuting B Crouch in round 1, having Doedee sit in the SANFL for 12 months (or was it longer?)

And we wonder why they leave.

It’s ingrained, though it seems to have gone up a level. Literally any player who has played a game is preferred over a rookie, no matter how mediocre their past performances have been.

Are they scarred from playing Fish early?

Probably not. It’s bizarre.

This is like dropping Lever for finals, Davis when he was in form, not debuting B Crouch in round 1, having Doedee sit in the SANFL for 12 months (or was it longer?)

And we wonder why they leave.

It’s ingrained, though it seems to have gone up a level. Literally any player who has played a game is preferred over a rookie, no matter how mediocre their past performances have been.

Are they scarred from playing Fish early?

Probably not. It’s bizarre.

We have a glaring example of playing a rookie early doors... and it actually working out.

Max Michalanney.

Not worth maybe trying that again?

Following this club is masochism on a level that'd make a sadist blush.
+
Stop flirting and ask you know who out 🤣🤣🤣
Reminds me of a B.(Bernard) Kliban cartoon from years ago.
On the L is a woman1 addressing another woman2 who is slung over the shoulder of a man carrying her away.
Woman1 asks: "Why do you hang around with that sadist?".
Woman2 replies: "Beats me" **.

Why do I keep barracking for the Crows? Beats me. :sadv1:
=============================//=========================
(** disclaimer: i do not support or condone such behaviour, in any way.
I am only describing/quoting a cartoon I saw, to satirise my own irrational behaviour)

So history looks to be a pretty good guide here.

The rebuild coach is very rarely the messiah that gets you to the premiership.

We hoped MN was the rare unicorn, but he is actually just the mule required to take the load before the race horse arrives.

The club (Not unexpectedly) pulled the wrong lever, now it’s up to the club to not head down the wrong path for too long before they fix the mistake.

I have very very little faith that this will happen before we are past the point of another prolonged dip.

Sigh.

25 years without a premiership could so easily become 35.

We have a glaring example of playing a rookie early doors... and it actually working out.

Max Michalanney.

Not worth maybe trying that again?
Not only did we play him, but we played him in the role he excelled at as a junior which resulted in him getting drafted which also happens to be the position he which he will continue to play at AFL level. And lo and behold he looks comfortable and confident in his role form day 1.

As opposed to throwing every young mid onto the HFF to rot cause they couldn't possibly handle playing on the midfield at AFL level even if they were considered "good enough" to displace the might of Laird and Crouch on the ball...

Honestly this club is so many levels of ****ed. The delusion to actually watch our first 4 games and think our midfield is performing well is absolutely astounding. Dowling not getting a debut last week is disgusting. It is so hard to remain passionate about this football club when they throw up this garbage every single year.....and just when you think they may have turned tyhings around they completely heck it up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back