Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there for our last premiership in Adelaide too, up the Legs.
I was there 2012 2013 2014 and 2022. Unfortunately missed 1997 but as a 15 year old I did experience the mcg the week prior. My dad just had two weekends of work due to the crows finals in Melbourne so he had to work on the Sunday of the Sanfl grand final so couldn’t take me.

I reckon right now the coaching team are coaching for their immediate survival, not the medium or long term.
So they are picking the team they think has the highest chance of winning now.
Player development isn’t entering into the equation.
When your livelihood is on the line, next year is a long way away.

Actually I have a different take.

We are playing every mature body we have, but I feel he has resigned the season and list planning has begun for next year. Well thats what a decent coach would do. Nicks on the other hand....you're probably right.

Debutants by year - games in debut year

McAsey 10
McHenry 8
Hamill 8
McAdam 13
McPherson 9
Strachan 1
Schoenberg 8
Sholl 8
Butts 2

Gold Coast & Sydney 7
West Coast, GWS, Freo, Brisbane 6

Berry 17
Rowe 19
Murray 13
Thilthorpe 14
O'Conner 3
Worrell 1
Pedlar 2
Cook 3
Gollant 1

Collingwood 9
Hawthorn 8
Essendon 7

Soligo 16
Rachele 13
Parnell 11

West Coast 10
Essendon, Hawthorn 7
North, GWS 5
Geelong 4

Michalanney 22
Nankervis 4
Borlase 4

Hawthorn 7
Richmond, West Coast 6
Sydney, Geelong 5

-

Players yet to debut - year drafted

Taylor 2021
Dowling 2022
Bond 2022
Curtin 2023
Edwards 2023
Ryan 2023

Last edited:
There’s no Murphy I guess…

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

Debutants by year - games in debut year

McAsey 10
McHenry 8
Hamill 8
McAdam 13
McPherson 9
Strachan 1
Schoenberg 8
Sholl 8
Butts 2

Gold Coast & Sydney 7
West Coast, GWS, Freo, Brisbane 6

Berry 17
Rowe 19
Murray 13
Thilthorpe 14
O'Conner 3
Worrell 1
Pedlar 2
Cook 3
Gollant 1

Collingwood 9
Hawthorne 8
Essendon 7

Soligo 16
Rachele 13
Parnell 11

West Coast 10
Essendon, Hawthorn 7
North, GWS 5
Geelong 4

Michalanney 22
Nankervis 4
Borlase 4

Hawthorn 7
Richmond, West Coast 6
Sydney, Geelong 5

-

Players yet to debut - year drafted

Taylor 2021
Dowling 2022
Bond 2022
Curtin 2023
Edwards 2023
Ryan 2023
Last year we would have won the flag if not for a goal umpiring error. This year looking for back to back imaginary flags.

Stands to reason that it’s harder to break into the team.

I reckon right now the coaching team are coaching for their immediate survival, not the medium or long term.
When your and your family’s livelihood is on the line, next year is a long way away
This is the cause of not starting with development 4 years ago. Too bad.

Underwhelming changes....

Back to the Elliot Himmelburg well.... :sick:
Do you think we can ruck ROB for 100% of the game?

The options for a back up Ruck/Forward are Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg. Sadly the Berg is probably the best option and he will be very ordinary. Hopefully we pick up Muzza 2 in the mid year draft.

What is your preferred option?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we can ruck ROB for 100% of the game?

The options for a back up Ruck/Forward are Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg. Sadly the Berg is probably the best option and he will be very ordinary. Hopefully we pick up Muzza 2 in the mid year draft.

What is your preferred option?
Toby Murray is probably my preferred option here. I don't think Gollant has it and Burgess is a handy depth piece and nothing more. I know it takes a while for bigger players, but I doubt Himmelberg will magically come good now.

All Clubs are striving for that QB role .....ESS put Martin back, CARL opted Zilliams, RICH with Rioli, NORTH with Sheezel ....and so on

We are the worse club for having any QB at all .....Milera was that man .....no-one has replaced his role

View attachment 1970464

And Milera was bog average at it.

When your and your family’s livelihood is on the line, next year is a long way away
I’m dumbfounded that this has been happenning for atleast 5 years now.. and many in here have been totally blind to it.

I have been very vocal about it in here for years now and have been relentlessly attacked by some in here for it..

I’m just glad people seem to finally be waking up to it..

Nicks, Godden, Roo, VB, Reid, Hamish O. all need to be marched out the fxxkn door at gunpoint.

This shouldve occured a minimum of two years ago.

This current rebuild, that is in its 5th year now mind you, has failed due to a dumbfxxk mindset that has become ingrained at all levels at the club.

At what stage of life did anyone even begin to think that Mark Ricciuto was remotely capable of such a role?

Just because he was a great footy player doesn’t mean he isn’t a complete moron.

Wonder if Dusty will run the Tigers in a few years. Maybe Sammy Powell-Pepper will take the helm at Port. Yes, those things are ridiculous. No, they are absolutely not more ridiculous than Ricciuto being the AFC’s Football Director.

Roo is a massive part of the problem.

Back