Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think we can ruck ROB for 100% of the game?

The options for a back up Ruck/Forward are Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg. Sadly the Berg is probably the best option and he will be very ordinary. Hopefully we pick up Muzza 2 in the mid year draft.

What is your preferred option?

If purely going on form and exposed AFL form, Burgess surely had to get another crack. In those first 4 games, he kicked more goals than Fogarty too.

In other words Laird has said he’s not happy not playing in the middle, has complained and Nicks wants to keep his teachers pet happy

It's a winnable game. Any AFC coach worth his salt uses that to try to get the old stagers a statistically good game to justify their selection priority!

Do you think we can ruck ROB for 100% of the game?

The options for a back up Ruck/Forward are Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg. Sadly the Berg is probably the best option and he will be very ordinary. Hopefully we pick up Muzza 2 in the mid year draft.

What is your preferred option?
So for the 3 minute per quarter ruck chop out, you're willing to sacrifice the development of a young forward. OK.

This game has danger written all over it.
Its in Tasmania and we made a guy called Fergus look like a guy called Gary last year.
We treat every regional ground like its GMHBA stadium.
Its in front of nobody.
Were "keeping the faith" with the same old, same old (like we have a choice, nobody is really bashing the door down).

I expect Larkey to kick 7 and Fogarty to wrestle a 4 gamer in every contest and lose.

5 goals max at half time for sure.

Lets go 6-17 and get the best mid we can.

So for the 3 minute per quarter ruck chop out, you're willing to sacrifice the development of a young forward. OK.
The funny thing is Gollant manages decently in the ruck too, especially at ball-ups where he doesn't have to wrestle and can use his athleticism to jump.

This game has danger written all over it.
Its in Tasmania and we made a guy called Fergus look like a guy called Gary last year.
We treat every regional ground like its GMHBA stadium.
Its in front of nobody.
Were "keeping the faith" with the same old, same old (like we have a choice, nobody is really bashing the door down).

I expect Larkey to kick 7 and Fogarty to wrestle a 4 gamer in every contest and lose.

5 goals max at half time for sure.

Lets go 6-17 and get the best mid we can.
North don’t play as well in Tassie as people think and we don’t play as badly as people think in recent times. I feel like some are still scarred by the 2017 game, which has zero relevance to now for either team.

I don’t want to see Nicks rewarded for backing the same group of underperforming players, but unless North suddenly recruited skilled players and key defenders during the week, we will win easily even if we play badly.

It’s the type of game Fog could have a day out, given North’s lack of key defenders. Don’t even need to kick it to him well, North will do that work for us by turning the ball over in horrible spots.

I’m dumbfounded that this has been happenning for atleast 5 years now.. and many in here have been totally blind to it.

I have been very vocal about it in here for years now and have been relentlessly attacked by some in here for it..

I’m just glad people seem to finally be waking up to it..

Nicks, Godden, Roo, VB, Reid, Hamish O. all need to be marched out the fxxkn door at gunpoint.

This shouldve occured a minimum of two years ago.

This current rebuild, that is in its 5th year now mind you, has failed due to a dumbfxxk mindset that has become ingrained at all levels at the club.
It was tracking nicely (I thought we were a few years ahead of contending for Finals given the massive list cut done end of 2019), don't tell me you weren't bullish on the list at the start of this year until Nicks thought he was a coaching revolutionist and overhaul the entire game plan which no other coaches are playing except for Mitchell who did this in one game and had to apologies for it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing is Gollant manages decently in the ruck too, especially at ball-ups where he doesn't have to wrestle and can use his athleticism to jump.
He was better at Ruck than forward last week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do we really care?

In the context of the season it is a nothing game.

We have more to lose (but might be a win with Nicks sacked if we lose) than win.

Im keen to see Wardlaw in action.
Feel this maybe his breakout game.

Do we really care?

In the context of the season it is a nothing game.

We have more to lose (but might be a win with Nicks sacked if we lose) than win.
The earliest Nicks will get sacked is late next year.

They won't do it this year, and no doubt he is getting a bit of a leave pass with Thilthorpe and Murray out.

They won't do it this year, and no doubt he is getting a bit of a leave pass with Thilthorpe and Murray out.

You're probably right, but its very gutless and weak.

If we are 2-8 then I think there would have to be some acknowledgment of failure.... Although I think this circus clown show will roll into next year as well.

I think you're going to be proven correct :sadv1:
BUT
"late next year" is over a year too late for the good of the Club and players like Curtin, Dowling and Ryan.

Don't be so sure.

Firstly, there is no way the club would pass a 1-5 start regardless of injuries and watching the style of play unfold.

Murray is a good FB but he isnt the reason for us losing in the manner we are. Thilthorpe also wouldn't make a difference and the reason is the same as last year, instead of players lowering the eyes and hitting up players on the lead which we have been doing and why we have been so accurate, we will get sucked into bombing it long to Thilthorpe in the square.

So based on this alone, no I don't think he would have a pass.

Will the club move on him?

Yes. The reason is the players, not the fans or the media. Why? I think there were clear examples of senior players taking the game on against Essendon against Nicks style and there were clear frustration well before the umpire incident. We may win this game against North and be 2-5 but we are likely to be 2-8 after round 10. If teams start kicking accurately against us players will openly rebel against the coach because we will be truly out of games by half time. The win against Carlton and the cushy results against Melbourne, Gold Coast and Essendon have been nothing but wall paper over the cracks.

Just because a coach is contracted doesn't make his position untenable.

Back