Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: McHenry, Sholl, Berry (inj), Laird, Smith

In: Crouch, Billy Dowling, Pedlar, Charlie Edwards, Dan Curtin

Cook and Nank were poor, but we should persist.

ROB could also easily be out for Strachan.

I'm trying to think like an idiot (aka Nicks):

Out: Berry, Gollant, Cook (to sub)
In: Crouch, Burgess, Sholl (into 22)

Once you accept these kinds of scenarios are the norm, it will hurt less.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nicks will drop Nankervis

Gollant is not up to it.

What is Hamils role? He can run and carry but we rarely see it. I don't see it with him but he had a few good defensive efforts

Laird looks done. Doesn't really add anything anymore.

I'm sick of McHenry. His tag on Merrett was him tugging his jumper off the ball.

Rachele will be fine but clearly needs to build composure and maturity. Focus on the game not being the hero...

Umpires are s**t but what's new. Conceded too many shots again.

Good to see skip return to form, great game.

Out: Laird, Berry (inj), McHenry, Gollant
In: Crouch, Dowling, Burgess. No idea who else to put in.

Out:In Smith (just friggin retire) - Curtain
McHenry (forever) - Crouch
Berry (inj) - Dowling
Sholl - Pedlar
ROB - Stratchen or even Himmelberg ffs. Anyone that can take a friggin mark and bloody run.

Honestly, it doesnt matter anymore. But ffs make some type of statement. Drop people for this rubbish!!!!!! Enough is a heck@n enough.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, tonight was the end of Brayden Cook’s crows career. I’ve been all for him being given a go, and his skills are sublime, but he just doesn’t try hard enough. Simple as that. Luke Jericho. Lewis Johnston. And now Brayden Cook. Bye.

Laird offers absolutely nothing. He doesn’t even win clearances anymore (13 players had more clearances than Laird tonight). His kicks inside 50 are diabolical. His handballs create nothing. Should not be in the team, it’s not even debatable.

Brodie Smith is a complete and utter mess. He has absolutely no idea what he’s doing. None. Mentally shot. Elevating him to the leadership group was bizarre and he’s not only not up to that title, but he’s not up to being an AFL footballer. Career over.

McHenry is an embarrassment to the club. The fact that he was selected in the starting 22 tonight after his worst on ground disgrace last week should be all the evidence anyone needs that Nicks and co have no idea what they’re doing.

Sholl’s missed tackle just outside 50 for Essendon in the 4th quarter summed up his entire career. Why on earth do we ever pick him?

Out:
Berry (inj), Cook, Smith, McHenry, Sholl (none of those 4 omissions should ever play for the club again)

In:
Crouch, Dowling, Curtin, Taylor, Pedlar

Sub:
Pedlar

IN: Go out and have fun
OUT: Stay in watch this poorly coached and selected team.
IN and OUT: That could be the fun thing!
IN and OUT: Could also be Sholl at selection

Nicks has to be very careful now, cause if he starts dropping younger players and let's the senior keep their spots because he wants experience for the sake of it, he's very quickly going to create a double standard at the club that will see him lose a large portion of the playing group very quickly.

His selection integrity is already questionable as it is, he's on the verge of it completely blowing up on him soon.

In: Dowling, Curtin, Pedlar.

Out: McHenry (permanently), Smith (permanently), Sholl (permanently), Berry (ankle).

Not sure who gets the last in, don't really care either. Maybe Berry will pull up fine, but I doubt it.

There’s opportunities there surely but who is putting genuine heat on selectors (genuine question as not followed SANFL form).

We seem to have the same fringe players go out when they play poor then come back k in when the other plays poor. We know they’re not up to it but they’re the semi experienced ones (scholl, McHenry the obvious ones)

Pedlar- we just need to get him in and back his talent but has he done anything to make him an option since getting dropped (which was absolutely deserved)

Oscar Ryan- ? Wraps on him in preseason, is he a smith replacement option?

Dowling must be close

Curtin- what’s his form been like? He’s going to get a chance at some point

Edwards- ?

Strauchan- not an exiting change but ROBs been poor so never know

Burgess - not exciting either but Gollants given 0 and burgess showed more in his games so certainly in the mix

Anyone else I’ve forgotten?
It’s a bit sad we have more players if be happy to write off than I can identify I’d be really happy to see in

Guess we’re all just waiting for Murphy

Back