Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Laird offers absolutely nothing. He doesn’t even win clearances anymore (13 players had more clearances than Laird tonight). His kicks inside 50 are diabolical. His handballs create nothing. Should not be in the team, it’s not even debatable.

Brodie Smith is a complete and utter mess. He has absolutely no idea what he’s doing. None. Mentally shot. Elevating him to the leadership group was bizarre and he’s not only not up to that title, but he’s not up to being an AFL footballer. Career over.
This is why these guys keep getting a golden ticket...our experience in the 100 to 200 game mark is pretty much non-existent. Interesting to note the Bombers should really be contending with that profile...more experienced than Carlton. Avg 109.6 games to our 77.3 (which dipped markedly with Crouch being out).

1713570605217.png

I didn't want Hamill in the side but he had been good the 2 weeks he's been in.

Smith and McHenry shouldn't be playing. I'd prefer Burgess to Gollant also.

Curtin and Dowling have to come in. Surely they can manage Curtins time on ground like every other team does with their rookies.

Out

ROB - go and learn how to mark a footy you fxxkwit. Must have dropped 3 dozen marks this season already. What a joke of a player.

Smith - cooked. Just piss off and retire. Youre embarrassing yourself, your family and your legacy.

Mchenry - seriously.. this bloke is a complete waste of oxygen. I’ve never seen someone use so much energy for such little return.

Laird - we all finally know why he was never drafted in the main draft.. cause he’s a hack.. to those posters here that have relentlessly attacked me for saying this very thing about rory for years now. EAD morons.

Berry - inj.

In

Dowling
Crouch
Strawnie
Curtin
Taylor

But we all know the fxxkwits running this club will do nothing like this.. conservative cowards…

they will be looking at North and either consciously or sub-consciously thinking.. “this is an easy win.. we can use it to help us to justify and entrench our ‘28 players after pre-season’ to pick from policy..” and will “back the boys in” only making forced a change for Berry..

I hope we get absolutely fcckn flogged by North.

This club doesnt deserve our time. Its run by frauds.

The culling needs to start now.
Calling for Gollant and Cook to be delisted is premature, these are young players finding their feet in a bad team.
They may not be up to it but need to be afforded the same opportunities others have been gifted before we discard them.

McHenry, Murphy, Scholl, Jones on the other hand have each had ample opportunities( over 50 games each) to prove themselves and they are not up to it.
Smith needs to go, there is no upside to keep playing him, he's 32, get games into Oscar Ryan or Curtin.

Laird needs to be used sporadically in the center.
Rankine, Soligo, Rachelle, Pedlar, Bond, Edwards, Dowling, Taylor, Schoenberg are the future candidates for our midfield now.

I've been harping on it for two years now...try two ruck man as an experiment and see how it goes for a couple of games... try something new!
Rob is an adequate tap ruck but Strachan can take mark and it gives the forward line and the center bounces an alternate look to the same stale set up we use week in and week out.

Nick needs to be more proactive during a game.
Tom Stewart destroyed us against Geelong, Laird was poor against Essendon.
Does Nick's have the ability to read the game or does he simply ignore the trends in front of him and hope things will change by themselves?

Very disappointing season, hopefully we can blood a few players and find a couple of keepers.

Last edited:
I thought Hamill did a few good things defensively when under fairly severe pressure.
My simple question is “Which players are a realistic chance of being on our list in a couple of year’s time”?

I am a known optimist but here’s my list who are very unlikely.

1) McHenry - no chance
2) Hamill - he continues to use his head as a battering ram. Sadly, it’s just a matter of time.
3) Borlase - he has been O.K. but is way behind Murray, Keane, Worrell and we need to get Curtin in the team. Ultimately we will have to choose between Borlase and Butts as our back up key defender.
4) Parnell - has shown some good traits in the SANFL and occasionally in the AFL but not an AFL body
5) Cook - I love the “concept” of Cook but after three years on our list he can’t find the ball at AFL or SANFL level. He has performed exactly as I predicted. Perhaps we give him a few more games and hope for a miracle.
6) Smith - The end is near.
7) Gollant - he is not a back up ruckman but neither are Himmelberg and Burgess. Probably will end up a back up player at best but this is the year to play him until Thilthorpe return.

Over the next 17 games we need to work out whether Berry, Schoenberg, Taylor and Dowling have a future.

Having watched the SANFL games except their last trial match, Bond, Edwards and Ryan are a long way from AFL ready but if they can string a few good games together then give them a taste.

Curtin is a tricky one. When he has the ball in hand he looks fantastic but he has struggled to defend against SANFL journeymen like Freitag and Pearce. I will watch closely to see how he handles the Tiger tall forwards today.

My simple question is “Which players are a realistic chance of being on our list in a couple of year’s time”?

I am a known optimist but he’s my list

1) McHenry - no chance
2) Hamill - he continues to use his head as a battering ram. Sadly, it’s just a matter of time.
3) Borlase - he has been O.K. but is way behind Murray, Keane, Worrell and we need to get Curtin in the team. Ultimately we will have to choose between Borlase and Butts as our back up key defender.
4) Parnell - has shown some good traits in the SANFL and occasionally in the AFL but not an AFL body
5) Cook - I love the “concept” of Cook but after three years on our list he can’t find the ball at AFL or SANFL level. He has performed exactly as I predicted. Perhaps we give him a few more games and hope for a miracle.
6) Smith - The end is near.
7) Gollant - he is not a back up ruckman but neither are Himmelberg and Burgess. Probably will end up a back up player at best but this is the year to play him until Thilthorpe return.

Over the next 17 games we need to work out whether Berry, Schoenberg, Taylor and Dowling have a future.

Having watched the SANFL games except the last trial match, Bond, Edwards and Ryan are a long way from AFL ready but if they can string a few good games together then give them a taste.

Curtin is a tricky one. When he has the ball in hand he looks fantastic but he has struggled to defend against SANFL journeymen like Freitag and Pearce. I will watch closely to see how he handles the Tiger tall forwards today.
Is McBean playing today? Can’t put Curtin on him as two things will happen:
1. McBean will kick 10
2. It will destroy the lad for the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll go Dowling <13 possessions and Pedlar <8 possessions and 0.2
Thats always been the problem at the Crows, we never recruit players capable of dominanting the SANFL in the position we are so desperate to improve in.

Edit - sorry this wasnt intended as a crack at these two players. Our questionable development of midfielders is the issue here.

Last edited:
Is McBean playing today? Can’t put Curtin on him as two things will happen:
1. McBean will kick 10
2. It will destroy the lad for the season
Plus Curtin isn’t a full back but no doubt we’ll play him as one and he’ll never get a shot because we’ll ruin him

Out

ROB - go and learn how to mark a footy you fxxkwit. Must have dropped 3 dozen marks this season already. What a joke of a player.

Smith - cooked. Just piss off and retire. Youre embarrassing yourself, your family and your legacy.

Mchenry - seriously.. this bloke is a complete waste of oxygen. I’ve never seen someone use so much energy for such little return.

Laird - we all finally know why he was never drafted in the main draft.. cause he’s a hack.. to those posters here that have relentlessly attacked me for saying this very thing about rory for years now. EAD morons.

Berry - inj.

In

Dowling
Crouch
Strawnie
Curtin
Taylor

But we all know the fxxkwits running this club will do nothing like this.. conservative cowards…

they will be looking at North and either consciously or sub-consciously thinking.. “this is an easy win.. we can use it to help us to justify and entrench our ‘28 players after pre-season’ to pick from policy..” and will “back the boys in” only making forced a change for Berry..

I hope we get absolutely fcckn flogged by North.

This club doesnt deserve our time. Its run by frauds.
Don't hold back mate 😁

According to the slice brigade Ned was going to be Ablett Jnr when the rest of us could see from day dot he was rubbish.

Soligo is a gun and is making Laird sook it up with every possession he gets, until the hacks are cleared the rebuild will remain in limbo.

Don't hold back mate 😁

According to the slice brigade Ned was going to be Ablett Jnr when the rest of us could see from day dot he was rubbish.

Soligo is a gun and is making Laird sook it up with every possession he gets, until the hacks are cleared the rebuild will remain in limbo.

He was right in what he said 😊

Outs:
McHenry (nuff said)
Smith (thanks for your service but you’re cooked)
Berry (injured)
Sholl (not bad last night but we’ve been down this road before and it’s over now)

Ins:
Crouch (somehow he’s now our #1 inside mid)
Curtin (time to continue the apprenticeship at the top level..Smith’s role is the right entry point)
Dowling (we need to evolve our midfield group and he’s earned the right to an opportunity)
Pedlar (he’s got the talent - needs to build the tank, discipline and know how on the job)

FF: Rankine - Walker - Gollant
HF: Keays - Walker - Rachele
C: Curtin - Dawson - Nankervis
FOLL: O’Brien - Crouch - Soligo
HB: Hinge - Keane - Hamill
FB: Worrell - Borlase - Michalanney
INT: Pedlar - Dowling - Jones - Curtin
SUB: Laird

The club need to now use this wasted year to get games into our high end talent... because the sooner they get to 50 games, the better.

It's all about the future as the coaches have wrecked this session in the 1st month by reverting to a slow game plan.

That means the likes of Dowling, Curtin, Edwards & Ryan need to play significant games for the rest of the year.

Those players with lower upside only play if we haven't got other options.

Selection for the short term when are buggar all chance of making finals is madness.

It's becoming increasingly more difficult to maintain support for my club as we have embraced mediciocrity & have no hard edge.

This is why these guys keep getting a golden ticket...our experience in the 100 to 200 game mark is pretty much non-existent. Interesting to note the Bombers should really be contending with that profile...more experienced than Carlton. Avg 109.6 games to our 77.3 (which dipped markedly with Crouch being out).

View attachment 1964662

Our senior players.
How many make it into a top 4 team?
How many will retire or should get moved on?

Over 200 games. Walker, Sloane, Laird, Smith.
150-200 games. None.
100-150 games. Crouch, Keays, Dawson, O'Brien, Murphy.
50-100 games. Milera, Fogarty, Jones, Rankine, McHenry, Butts, Schoenberg, Sholl.

Last edited:
B: Michaelanny, Keane, Hinge
HB: Laird, Worrell, Hamill
C: Jones, Crouch, Curtin
HF: Dawson, Walker, Keays
F: Pedlar, Fogarty, Gollant
R: Strachan, Soligo, Rankine
I: Ryan, Dowling, Nankervis, Rachele
Sub: Edwards

Back