Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

That kind of reminds me of 2008 Geelong. They only played 31 players for the entire season, and two of them (Kane Tenace and David Johnson) only played one game. 17 players played 21+ games.

The end result was a lack of match fitness going into a super hot grand final, which they ended up losing.

Geelong didn’t lose that GF due to lack of fitness.

Hawks used a tactic that is no longer possible.

At least the Apricot Slicers don't pop in with their usual "came for the melts, not disappointed" dribble every Thursday.

Even these clueless supporters have finally realised how bad our coach is.

I'm not even mad anymore, lot easier just accepting Nicks has sh1t for brains. Once you do that it all makes sense.
Even BACCS has changed his tune

Aside from Nicks

I'm trying to remember which coach was bad for their obsession with players needing to be superstars in the Sanfl before they were debuted. Pyke and Craig jump out at me.

This is what it feels like with Nicks.
It's so short-sighted to attempt to use the least number of players in the squad.

The likes of the Cats are smart at using around 30 regular players through good player management. Keeps them fresher & develops depth usually needed to win a flag. Much better for developing young players.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Live reaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dowling has the kiddy wheels on for a AFL debut now. When do the wheels come off?

Donuts to 3/4 time tonight if it wasnt for 1 tackle he would be statless
Yep, but still a decent player coming back from injury.

More reason why no need to use trade capital on him next trade period & make sure he comes good again before going hard as a FA.

Dowling has the kiddy wheels on for a AFL debut now. When do the wheels come off?
There really is no excuse for a bottom 4 team to be not promoting it's best performing young talent from the 2nds.

It's madness & even have the top teams doing it.

Geelong didn’t lose that GF due to lack of fitness.

Hawks used a tactic that is no longer possible.
There isn't just one magical reason they lost. The 11 deliberate rushed behinds definitely helped, but there was more at play than that.

Cameron Mooney said that the team was already tiring going into the game, and that there were a couple (I believe it was Chapman and Stokes) who probably shouldn't have played at all. It was clearly an issue.

Additionally, Hawthorn gained a mental edge when they found out that Geelong were using freezers at half time (according to Xavier Ellis).

It's entirely possible that they wouldn't need to use the freezers if they were at peak fitness. And even if they did, they likely would have run the game out better if their fitness wasn't an issue.

There really is no excuse for a bottom 4 team to be not promoting it's best performing young talent from the 2nds.

It's madness & even have the top teams doing it.
Spot on. Yet the club will probably question why players seek other opportunities elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back