Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Hence they are more frustrated than we are, I'm sure they've seen all those things the Roar article highlighted and are banging their heads against the wall as we have been training these situations. Could this game be a turning point for our results in close games? Lets hope so. We are 90% of the way there, but this final 10% is proving to be very hard to get over.
I mean, maybe it will be a turning point, but I don't see why this one would be when the the last dozen times it happened weren't.

Us getting a mile behind early in the match, then scratching and clawing our way back, only to fall at the last hurdle, has practically become our trademark now. As Nicks would say, that's our DNA.

Hence they are more frustrated than we are, I'm sure they've seen all those things the Roar article highlighted and are banging their heads against the wall as we have been training these situations. Could this game be a turning point for our results in close games? Lets hope so. We are 90% of the way there, but this final 10% is proving to be very hard to get over.
They might be frustrated but then they sit on their hands and do the same shit the following week.

It's clear that we're not capable of fixing the issues with this group of 25 players just by training against the traffic cones.

Interesting to see in the paper Adam Simpson said he wants Harley Reid to just have fun and really enjoy his football and play with flair. Not over-complicate things.

God I wish Nicks could have said this about Curtin :embarrassedv1:
Rachele had 1 game of fun until the fun police straightened his shape

I mean, maybe it will be a turning point, but I don't see why this one would be when the the last dozen times it happened weren't.

Us getting a mile behind early in the match, then scratching and clawing our way back, only to fall at the last hurdle, has practically become our trademark now. As Nicks would say, that's our DNA.
Falling behind by 5 goals in the first half of a game really isn't a huge margin these days, happens to a lot of teams. Sydney fell behind by 4 goals early and then killed Carlton. Collingwood themselves had to claw back from a shit position in the ANZAC day game and should have been buried if Langford could convert a very simple set shot late. Momentum shifts happen in almost every game, just need to capitalise when you have it.

Our inability to convert I50s when we had momentum was the major deciding factor in our loss, not trailing by a few goals early; we had the game on our terms from the 10 minute mark of the 2nd quarter and more than enough forward half territory to be winning. Conversion I50 had been our strength the 5 weeks prior too and all of last year (number one in the comp), so of course that's frustrating as we are clearly capable enough.

Play like we did against Collingwood in the Geelong, Essendon, Melbourne and Brisbane games at home and Freo game away and we win at least three of those (instead of 1 draw and 4 losses), that's where the other major frustration lies for me and where the season has been lost, consistency. I do think consistency will come and I don't think it's that far away, but I also understand that's hard to contemplate as we sit here right now and I know missing finals for 7 years is not an easy pill to swallow. It sucks.

We keep selecting the same culprits so that’s a no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end of game was THEIR fault!
We trained to go slow and defensive. We made the call as soon as we got in front, even though there was still plenty of time left. We were dominating the quarter by being aggressive. As soon as we went defensive, we gave Collingwood the advantage.
The only reason we beat Carlton was because we got in front so late and their wasn't enough time for us to blow it by going full defensive.
It's the coaching that's the problem.
We were a Carlton mark in the forward line away from losing that game to

I’d pay $10k just to be in the coaches box for one game.
If anyone on here spent a game in the coaches box, they'd end up having to spend $100k in legal fees fighting the grievous bodily harm charges. :drunk:

Himmelberg out with fractured cheekbone. Gollant or Burgess?
Going by last dropped it'll be Gollant in.

The fact we now have two forced changes means we're probably very little chance of making a forced one.

I'll guess Sholl starts as sub with Schoenberg and Gollant in. Ned gets to start and slides into taking Rankines spot up forward and Harry into the midfield minutes rotating CBA and wing.

Going by last dropped it'll be Gollant in.

The fact we now have two forced changes means we're probably very little chance of making a forced one.

I'll guess Sholl starts as sub with Schoenberg and Gollant in. Ned gets to start and slides into taking Rankines spot up forward and Harry into the midfield minutes rotating CBA and wing.

Gut feel is they'll prefer Burgess' in the second ruck role.

Interesting to see in the paper Adam Simpson said he wants Harley Reid to just have fun and really enjoy his football and play with flair. Not over-complicate things.

God I wish Nicks could have said this about Curtin :embarrassedv1:

Difference being Simpson can coach.

We were a Carlton mark in the forward line away from losing that game to
Fortunately Owies went Full Crow in the last minute and had a shot at goal even ROB would be embarrassed by

Himmelberg out with fractured cheekbone. Gollant or Burgess?
Prefer Gollant, but that means they are likely to pick Burgess.

Then rest Tex when Berg is back to give Gollant some continuity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back