NRL NRL 2024 - Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 25th April
New Zealand vs Gold Coast (Go Media Stadium - 14:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters (Allianz Stadium - 16:05)
Melbourne vs South Sydney (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Friday 26th April
Manly-Warringah vs Parramatta (4 Pines Park - 20:00)

Saturday 27th April
Wests Tigers vs Brisbane (Campbelltown Sports Stadium - 17:30)
North Queensland vs Penrith (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 28th April
Dolphins vs Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)
Canberra vs Cronulla-Sutherland (GIO Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canterbury-Bankstown

Warriors: Kurt Capewell will miss the ANZAC Day game after suffering a throat injury against the Dragons. He is replaced in the starting side by Jacob Laban. Veteran utility Dylan Walker returns from an ankle injury on the bench alongside Zyon Maiu'u who makes his NRL debut. Adam Pompey drops to 18th man.
Titans: Coach Des Hasler is sticking with the same 17 that pushed Manly all the way in Round 7 with David Fifita again named to start as he was last week before a late switch to the bench. Phil Sami (ankle) and Keenan Palasia (quad) remain sidelined.

Dragons: No changes to the side that got the job done in style against the Warriors. Centre Jack Bird is listed among the reserves as he looks to return from a head knock.
Roosters: Dom Young (suspension) and Sam Walker (concussion protocol) return in a boost for the Roosters. Joseph Suaalii goes back to the centre, Michael Jennings drops to 18th man and Connor Watson reverts to the bench after two games at halfback. Zach Dockar-Clay drops off the bench.

Storm: An unchanged side for coach Craig Bellamy with Nelson Asofa-Solomona named to start and Christian Welch on the bench although a game day switch could again be on the cards for the two big men.
Rabbitohs: Hooker Damien Cook has been recalled and will start at hooker with Peter Mamouzelos moving to the bench. Maroons forward Jai Arrow is named to return from a shoulder injury in a massive boost for the Rabbitohs while skipper Cameron Murray has completed the concussion protocols and takes his place at lock. The loss of Tevita Tatola to a foot injury brings Shaquai Mitchell into the starting side while Jacob Gagai comes in on the wing for Tyrone Munro (collarbone).

Sea Eagles: The return of prop Josh Aloiai from suspension pushes Matt Lodge to the bench and Aaron Woods to 18th man. Nathan Brown (knee) is also back on deck so Dean Matterson makes way.
Eels: Youngster Ethan Sanders will make his NRL debut at five-eighth in place of Daejarn Asi, while Fijian flyer Maika Sivo has been recalled on the wing at the expense of Sean Russell. Three new faces on the bench with Kelma Tuilagi, Brendan Hands and Makahesi Makatoa all coming in. Ryan Matterson moves into the starting side while Blaize Talagi and Luca Moretti drop to the reserves.

Wests Tigers: Rugby union convert Solomon Alaimolo will make his NRL debut as an injury replacement for Junior Tupou on the wing. There’s a change in the forwards too with Fonua Pole dropping back to the bench and John Bateman switching from second row to lock. Sam Fainu comes in to start on the edge this week.
Broncos: Three big ins for coach Kevin Walters, with star prop Payne Haas back from five weeks out with a knee injury, skipper Adam Reynolds returning from a hamstring issue and back-rower Brendan Piakura (ankle) back on deck. But there’s two major outs as well with five-eighth Ezra Mam (finger) and strike centre Selwyn Cobbo (shoulder) set to miss. Jock Madden moves from halfback to the No.6 jersey to cover for Mam, while the return of Deine Mariner from a back injury fills the void in the backline, with Jesse Arthars switching from wing to centre.

Cowboys: Coach Todd Payten has resisted making major changes to this side following last Sunday's heavy defeat the Sharks. There are a couple of changes in the pack though, the biggest of which sees Griffin Neame replace Jason Taumalolo as a starting prop, with the latter reverting to the bench. Jack Gosiewski is out of the 17 after starting in the second row last week, with off-season recruit Thomas Mikaele the new face on the bench.
Panthers: Nathan Cleary returns for his first game since Round 3 after overcoming a hamstring injury, which means Brad Schneider drops back out of the side. Fullback Dylan Edwards is named despite failing to finish the last few minutes of last week’s win over the Wests Tigers, while Taylan May retakes his place at centre after a week off for personal reasons.

Dolphins: Just one change from the 17 who won big over the Eels last week, with Kurt Donoghoe’s return from suspension on the bench bumping Sean O’Sullivan back to the reserves. Trai Fuller keeps the job at fullback after a strong performance in his first game of the year, while veteran forward Jarrod Wallace is set to miss out on a spot once again.
Knights: A debut awaits David Armstrong after he was named to take over at fullback following Kalyn Ponga’s long-term foot injury. Dane Gagai returns from a week out with a calf injury and is the new captain. Jed Cartwright takes the bench spot made vacant by Jack Hetherington’s suspension.

Raiders: After losing out on a starting spot to Ethan Strange through the first seven weeks, Kaeo Weekes now gets the chance to partner him in the halves after being called in to replace the injured Jamal Fogarty (biceps). Simi Sasagi is named to start in the second row after being a late addition to the run-on side last week, while Chevy Stewart keeps the job at fullback.
Sharks: With Braydon Trindall not selected, Daniel Atkinson will partner Nicho Hynes in the halves, while Sione Katoa returns from suspension on the wing and bumps last week’s try-scoring rookie Sam Stonestreet out of the 17. No other changes for the competition leaders.

Last edited:

Surely Trent Barrett regrets leaving Penrith LMAO, at Parramatta as a assistant now and Parramatta have gone to s**t, bloke can’t win.

Manly - Dummy Spit over facilities, had to bring some camping chairs to work, had a cry and left.

Bulldogs - 5 wins 29 losses

Parramatta Assistant - 2023 - 11th and 2024 - 14th currently. Good roster as well.

Trent Robinson is a coach I’ve always rated highly but his having a shocker this year, to loyal. May is his best prop now but some games plays 25 minutes to JWH who isn’t even in there best 4 props now is playing 55.

Tipping!

Thursday 25th April
New Zealand vs Gold Coast (Go Media Stadium - 14:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters (Allianz Stadium - 16:05)
Melbourne vs South Sydney (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Friday 26th April
Manly-Warringah vs Parramatta (4 Pines Park - 20:00)

Saturday 27th April
Wests Tigers vs Brisbane (Campbelltown Sports Stadium - 17:30)
North Queensland vs Penrith (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 28th April
Dolphins vs Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)
Canberra vs Cronulla-Sutherland (GIO Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canterbury-Bankstown

Thursday 25th April
New Zealand vs Gold Coast - NZ Warriors (But titans will push them)
St. George-Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters - I think Roosters but toss of the coin
Melbourne vs South Sydney - Melbourne

Friday 26th April
Manly vs Parramatta - Manly

Saturday 27th April
Wests Tigers vs Brisbane - Have a feeling Tiger's for some reason.
North Queensland vs Penrith - Penrith

Sunday 28th April
Dolphins vs Newcastle - Dolphins
Canberra vs Cronulla-Sutherland - Cronulla

Bye: Canterbury-Bankstown - Well earnt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Klein is anywhere near as bad as he's made out to be here, but yeah, Belinda is fine, what I've seen of her.

Canberra/Sharks is a tough call.

Trent Robinson is a coach I’ve always rated highly but his having a shocker this year, to loyal. May is his best prop now but some games plays 25 minutes to JWH who isn’t even in there best 4 props now is playing 55.

Didn’t play too bad today….

As an avid St George hater my goodness that was satisfying.

The way he’s been talked up I was worried Lomax would beat us if he played us on his own let alone with 12 teammates out there.

I don’t get a lot of the criticism that’s come out way over this season and last.

Yes we have a good roster but we have barely played a match where we have fielded the same side two weeks in a row and the likes of Tedesco and Keary and Walker and Smith - guys in key positions - have generally played a big part in those omissions. Radley as well with both injury and suspensions. Smith wasn’t a great immediate pick up last year but he also broke his hand. Walker got dropped for a two week spell in NSW Cup that he needed but then suffered an injury. Keary missed 3-4 matches from memory. Tupou missed 8 games. Tedesco missed 6. Manu missed 5. Radley missed 5. Smith 5. Crichton with whatever it was happened to him missed 13.

It’s great to have all those names but everyone seemed oblivious to the fact that they rarely strung together many games at the same time. We had a decent start, fell apart a bit in the middle of the season as all this started to happen then won 6 out of seven to make the 8, beat Cronulla in a final and then had Melbourne beaten until the final play of the game and had our foot in a preliminary final (which I don’t doubt we would have lost).

My assessment is with everyone one deck we are a tier below Penrith but good enough to beat the rest albeit our recent history against Melbourne is awful

Yes. I don't think they'd been that impressive thus far this season. But they have two of the best players in the world in their team, and they kicked on this week. (not saying it's just down to them, obviously)

Cannot believe with a guilty plea Milne will only get 2 weeks for deliberately trying to break Munsters legs!
Whilst i agree the suspension is a joke i actually think it was more a brain snap than a deliberate attempt to hurt.

Third man in around the legs happens all the time (especially on Munster who stands in the tackle as well as anyone) it just doesnt need force and shouldnt be front on.

Intent is sort of irrelevant cause the action and outcome would have been awful but im not sure what he was trying to do i suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back