NRL NRL 2024 - Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 11th April
Newcastle vs Sydney Roosters (McDonald Jones Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 12th April
Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown (AAMI Park - 18:00)
Brisbane vs Dolphins (Suncorp Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 13th April
New Zealand vs Manly-Warringah (Go Media Stadium - 15:00)
Parramatta vs North Queensland (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
South Sydney vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Accor Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 14th April
Wests Tigers vs St.George-Illawarra (Campbelltown Sports Stadium - 16:05)
Canberra vs Gold Coast (GIO Stadium - 18:15)

Bye: Penrith

Last edited:
Kinda seems this season so far that just about every team has looked pretty ordinary at times; no real stand-outs.

Penrith coming back to the pack but have looked CLEARLY the best side when Cleary is fit. Still feel Bris/Penrith have another level that the other sides I'm not sure have but the chasing pack, Warriors (who I have been wrong about thought last year was a one off), Roosters (maybe) and a few minor chances in Newcastle, Manly.

Manly at their best are absolutely capable. I watched Manly at Wollongong though and I just have no idea which team turns up.

Problem is away from home they have been putrid, though maybe you can say they were unlucky against Parra but Parra were easily the better side. My other query is just how confident are you Turbo won't do his yearly soft tissue injury and be out for 2 months.

Problem is away from home they have been putrid, though maybe you can say they were unlucky against Parra but Parra were easily the better side. My other query is just how confident are you Turbo won't do his yearly soft tissue injury and be out for 2 months.
Yep, think NZ clearly deserve to be favs.

I do agree Manly have the talent to win there but I just don't feel confident enough to tip them to do it.

Yep, think NZ clearly deserve to be favs.

I do agree Manly have the talent to win there but I just don't feel confident enough to tip them to do it.

NZ should win on paper I rate Manly's side more but it's just on paper. That's the game I've been tossing and turning all week,

Despite all the absurd promising press for the Roosters, if we win tonight we jump them.

They've had some bad injuries but I also just don't think they're that good.

Both sides rely on a select few and that's the issue going forward. Honestly feel Manu right now is a better fullback for them but they won't do it. Knights I do like but last year we saw good sides just sit on Ponga and say "come on beat us another way", that will be the test going forward, do expect Ponga to do enough tonight to win but Newcastle wouldn't want to drop this game.

I just don't think there's many quality teams realistically.

Penrith stand head and shoulders above again.

Dunno about that; they're hardly putting teams to the sword so far: mid-table for tries scored, mid-table for line-breaks.

Colour me shocked a good team puts 2-3 blokes on Ponga and there’s diddly nothing else. I’m so not convinced this almighty side is much more than borderline top 8 at best

Is anyone making any great claims for Newcastle? They're not all that, and as you say, nullify Ponga, and....

Dunno about that; they're hardly putting teams to the sword so far: mid-table for tries scored, mid-table for line-breaks.

Cleary has been out most of the year. They are way ahead and Brisbane are the obvious dangers

Is anyone making any great claims for Newcastle? They're not all that, and as you say, nullify Ponga, and....

They are in that 6 at best and 14 at worst group nothing more if they make the 8 will be cannon fodder for a good side. Have nothing aside from Ponga. Hastings is solid that’s about it but what else do they have? They don’t even have the pass it to Young tactic anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary has been out most of the year. They are way ahead and Brisbane are the obvious dangers

Melbourne for me. Brisbane need to limit the damage while Haas isn’t there.

Yes players like Walsh and Mam etc are dangerous but so much of their play relies on the momentum they get from their forwards and as good as Carrigan and a few others are let’s be realistic: Haas is their forward pack. They need to be close enough when he returns to have a chance

Melbourne for me. Brisbane need to limit the damage while Haas isn’t there.

Yes players like Walsh and Mam etc are dangerous but so much of their play relies on the momentum they get from their forwards and as good as Carrigan and a few others are let’s be realistic: Haas is their forward pack. They need to be close enough when he returns to have a chance

Melbourne for me are just a bit behind those two but ox those 4 (Pen, Bris, Mel, Roosters). There’s a gap between those and the others I’ll be amazed if the winner comes elsewhere. Haas is back next week by the way.

Oh wow that early? I didn’t realise. I thought it was round 10 or something

Na it’s progressed a lot better than expected. Next week or at worst the week after be one of the two.

Is the Bulldogs coach special?

Names Crichton at fullback playing funny buggers then gives it away in the interview before the game LMAO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back