NRL NRL 2024 - Round 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 18th April
Sydney Roosters vs Melbourne (Allianz Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 19th April
St.George-Illawarra vs New Zealand (WIN Stadium - 18:00)
Parramatta vs Dolphins (TIO Stadium, Darwin - 20:00)

Saturday 20th April
Penrith vs Wests Tigers (Carrington Park, Bathurst - 15:00)
Gold Coast vs Manly-Warringah (Cbus Super Stadium - 17:30)
Brisbane vs Canberra (Suncorp Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 21st April
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Newcastle (Accor Stadium - 14:00)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs North Queensland (PointsBet Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: South Sydney

Last edited:
He didn’t complain about the try that the Roosters scored after Jennings lost the ball on the 5th tackle

Of course not, that's a job for Bellamy, but he's hardly going to complain since his team won. Still, another rule not enforced by the ref or bunker.

Well, that was the worst half of football I've ever seen by a Parramatta team, and that's saying something as my support of the club goes back to the mid 70's. That was abysmal, inept, embarrassing and every other negative adjective you can think of. I hope this is the last game we ever take to Darwin, we aren't suited to those conditions and fall off a cliff after 50-60 minutes.

Hope Dragons get up. My mate barracks for them. But warriors in form.

They did it easily in the end. Turned it over to Netflix after about 15 minutes of the 2nd. As good as the Dragons were, the Warriors were poor.

What's the big deal about Darwin: humidity?
Parramatta are coming from the cooler climates of Sydney and playing in the 30+ degree heat with high humidity and against a team which is probably better acclimatised to those conditions. It seems like a guaranteed two points lost to me.

Parramatta are coming from the cooler climates of Sydney and playing in the 30+ degree heat with high humidity and against a team which is probably better acclimatised to those conditions. It seems like a guaranteed two points lost to me.

Guaranteed is a push Parra are terrible without Moses and the Cowboys being as soft as can be last week doesn’t change it. However they were for sure a better chance in Sydney for sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did it easily in the end. Turned it over to Netflix after about 15 minutes of the 2nd. As good as the Dragons were, the Warriors were poor.

Short break going to Wollongong against a side that’s been good this year. The loss has been coming should have probably happened last week

Well as bad as the chooks were on Thursday at times, and as disappointed as I was to see the Dragons win last night, it’s been a thoroughly enjoyable round so far:

- on Thursday I was about to kick off trivia at my local where I run the weekly quiz and up sidles Ivan Cleary who I grew up idolising as a Chooks ace goalkicking centre and now my girlfriend and her son absolutely worship as Panthers coach. Obviously he wouldn’t remember it but I did interview him once in my previous vocation. Later in the night I plucked up the balls while he was watching Matty Johns in the restaurant area with his coaching staff to get some photos with my own son and his mates, and record a video for my girl and her son. The guy could not have been classier. There was no ‘here we go again’ on his part: he engaged my son and his mates, asked them all who they support and had a little conversation with them (they’re all about 14).

- yesterday I’m having coffee and minding my own business and a couple of islander lads walked past and I didn’t really take much notice but recognised that one had long hair. It was Jahrome Luai. Anyway I finished my coffee and was walking to the car and Luai, Izak Tago, Sunia Turuva and Brian To’o are at a restaurant on the corner having a feed so I pestered them for a video for my girlfriend’s kid as well: made all the requisite apologies for taking up their time etc etc. but again they couldn’t have been more giving.

F***. Me. They are massive. And these guys are backs. Utterly huge. Game is sold out here today. Great response from the locals.

- lastly, I always love seeing Parramatta get belted. In the same week they announce yet another in a long line of signings guaranteed to bring them absolutely no closer to a premiership, they go and do that. No, I’m sure a glorified winger with a high opinion of himself will alleviate the sort of performance that sees you let in 8 tries in 25 minutes

That's good to hear, and only echoes the appreciations felt here in Wigan for the Clearys' classy response after the WCC.

As for the Parra game, let's give some credit to the Dolphins! :thumbsu:

Klein is still a clown.
Made some weird decisions late.

The worst referee in the competition yet obviously makes the big calls the NRL want…

Always happy when he’s not screwing the Sharks, we’d be 30-0 down if he was out there today but he’s trying hard in the bunker to turn the game…

Nice to see Reed Mahoney all but s**t himself when Hetherington squared up to him in the corridor at the stadium.

I have no problem with the hard nut s**t stirrer types who cause trouble and still offer something as footballers but Mahoney has a lot of holes in his game. He needs to learn how to defend before he starts lipping front rowers every other minute. At some point he will get his head knocked off. He’s far from indispensible especially in a position where coaches can opt for guys who will simply tackle themselves to a standstill and offer good service with the ball.

Nice to see Reed Mahoney all but s**t himself when Hetherington squared up to him in the corridor at the stadium.

I have no problem with the hard nut s**t stirrer types who cause trouble and still offer something as footballers but Mahoney has a lot of holes in his game. He needs to learn how to defend before he starts lipping front rowers every other minute. At some point he will get his head knocked off. He’s far from indispensible especially in a position where coaches can opt for guys who will simply tackle themselves to a standstill and offer good service with the ball.

Bizarre footage.

Mahoney wasn't even looking at Hetherington... He got shocked not scared!
Hetherington is a moron, the guys brain needs to be examined for science!

Anyways great win from the Dogs! Who would've thought at the start of the year the last 4 game run of Souths, Roosters, Storm & Knights we'd win 2 and really should've wont the other 2. Proud of the team and club, through adversity they keep coming for more this season! Well earnt Bye this week for the boys before the Tiger's!

I had the Sharks game pencilled in for my late-night Sunday show, expecting, like most I suppose, a tight game between two good attacking sides. But it didn't turn out like that at all, did it? I like the Sharkies a lot, but I suspect even their fans would concede that their early league position flatters them a bit. And the Cowboys have been playing great attacking footy, but conceded a few. So all credit to the Sharks for a great all-round display.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back