MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmuir can't utilise talent, you could have reserves players in this game plan and get similar results. Nees to be sacked.

Did not see weagles winning by 100 lol freo suck.
Brisbanes win against us making us look even more middle of the road. Missing the top 4 predictions looking very strong still
Let’s see a nice big smile, Kent

Let’s see a nice big smile, Kent
Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

All home games for Brisbane have been losses, with the loss other in Perth. Would have predicted them when the fixture came out as 5-1 based on the Gabba being a fortress possibly 6-0 because Fremantle were rubbish last year.

On another note 70 points is the new 100, teams just put the cue in the rack these days. Bulldogs on Thursday, west coast last night, even our game against Brisbane last round felt more like a 50 point loss.

How good a nick does Benny cousins still look after a life of gear. Looked fit as a fiddle on the front bar.
Seriously obsessive type so can hyper focus - can’t recall where I heard that bit but pretty sure I heard it. Sometimes people like that are vulnerable to addiction too. Have this feeling Oliver is in the same boat. From coaches award to windshield wiper warrior.

Anyway, I think Benny has that capacity to really drive himself, just not all the time

Seriously obsessive type so can hyper focus - can’t recall where I heard that bit but pretty sure I heard it. Sometimes people like that are vulnerable to addiction too. Have this feeling Oliver is in the same boat. From coaches award to windshield wiper warrior.

Anyway, I think Benny has that capacity to really drive himself, just not all the time
I reckon you've plagiarised one of my posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you were the one I heard it from?

If that’s the case, it’s not plagiarism, it’s “homage”
No worries, but for next time my preferred referencing style is Harvard.

Lol except Benny cousins in his worst shape still looked better than Oliver at his best

Lol except Benny cousins in his worst shape still looked better than Oliver at his best
How like you to bring this back to muscle definition

That aside, I do think there are links between obsessive drive and anxiety, mental illness, ND (not sure on this one, but might explain some things about Oliver) and all the corresponding co morbidity behaviours

How like you to bring this back to muscle definition

That aside, I do think there are links between obsessive drive and anxiety, mental illness, ND (not sure on this one, but might explain some things about Oliver) and all the corresponding co morbidity behaviours
Wasn't even just muscle definition I was talking about his lid as well 🤣

Cousins was also ( amazing in hindsight) captain, I think Oliver's alot more insular and selective whereas cousins was obviously able to a point compartmentalize his own problems and deal with other people

lol at Freo and Port. I've said for the past few years that Port are pretenders. Rozee tends to go missing in big games, and as good as Butters and JHF are, they don't have much else. They'll beat up some average sides but won't do any damage come September. JHF is a player who can become a top 5 player in the comp though. If he does that with Butters keeping his trajectory, then who knows. But right now, they are like us. A bottom of the 8 type of side. Freo look like they have moulded their gamestyle on us, but with a weaker backline and a slightly weaker midfield. Their F50 is puss like ours. Treading water that mob.

I do think the interstate sides will struggle to win the flag at the G against a Vic side. It's clearly an issue. With Collingwood, Carlton and cats playing well, I'll back those clubs in everytime against an interstate side.

Wasn't even just muscle definition I was talking about his lid as well 🤣

Cousins was also ( amazing in hindsight) captain, I think Oliver's alot more insular and selective whereas cousins was obviously able to a point compartmentalize his own problems and deal with other people
Oh yes I agree. Cousins had heaps better social capabilities, though people can be pretty good at masking internal anxiety sometimes. And Oliver comes over as extremely socially awkward.

I was more thinking of both having such a capacity to be driven and focussed - you don’t get coaches award two times running and the bluey however many times without incredible drive. I just had a recollection that Cousins may have had a diagnosis of ADHD, like Oliver. I read up on it and one of the possible markers, surprisingly perhaps, is a capability for obsessive drive in a select area. And also a significantly higher than average likelihood to self medicate. Life can be a real struggle for some people, it’s sad.

I feel for both, but Cousins must have had some real challenges, appearing bright, confident and with a fair bit of charm. You always assume people like that are travelling fine. There was a time when people would have looked at him and thought he had it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back