MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this even true or is it one of the made up things that lazy journalists like to put out there to generate some outrage in the hope people are dumb enough to tune into Footy Classified? “Reportedly” sounds very sus.

If it is true, it’s mad. Why is there this idea that the only way to achieve stable mental health is to never have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable? May as well tell Doctors that they can’t advise a patient to try and lose some weight.

Anyway I don’t believe it. Sounds too much like Wilson’s typical rubbish that she churns out these days.
Nothing would surprise me anymore Gand.
Could just imagine the nightmares of a male coach asking one of his female players to get fitter and getting fired.
Mind you the blokes aren't any better, didn't hear many of them in uproar at having their player weights removed from bios.

Nothing would surprise me anymore Gand.
Could just imagine the nightmares of a male coach asking one of his female players to get fitter and getting fired.
Mind you the blokes aren't any better, didn't hear many of them in uproar at having their player weights removed from bios.
Yeah who knows. I would have thought your weight, height, strength, speed, skills, stamina and general fitness were all relevant in professional sports. You may as well do away with the time trials so the blokes that come in last don’t feel bad. Or put in little privacy cubicles in the gym in case someone feels bad that they can’t bench press the same numbers as Jack Viney.

Yeah who knows. I would have thought your weight, height, strength, speed, skills, stamina and general fitness were all relevant in professional sports. You may as well do away with the time trials so the blokes that come in last don’t feel bad. Or put in little privacy cubicles in the gym in case someone feels bad that they can’t bench press the same numbers as Jack Viney.
10 years ago this would sound stupid, now it wouldn't even surprise me.

Next you'll be forced to draft someone if you have an interview with them so you don't pass on them and hurt their feelings

10 years ago this would sound stupid, now it wouldn't even surprise me.

Next you'll be forced to draft someone if you have an interview with them so you don't pass on them and hurt their feelings
I’m going to pull on the jumper on ANZAC Eve and run out there. If anyone stops me I’ll sue

You couldn't do any worse than fatty Oliver
I played Australian Football once with some mates. It was great. There were only 10 of us so I was basically in the role of all the forwards. I got a behind, an out-on-the-full and a bloody nose. I was well pleased

I played Australian Football once with some mates. It was great. There were only 10 of us so I was basically in the role of all the forwards. I got a behind, an out-on-the-full and a bloody nose. I was well pleased
Lol
Oliver normally kicks a point, gets on the full and heads out for a bloody nose that evening so you're on track

More importantly though how much did you weigh and were you fat

Lol
Oliver normally kicks a point, gets on the full and heads out for a bloody nose that evening so you're on track
Now that I recall, the score line was 1-0 at halftime and we packed it in to go to the pub so I could stick some paper napkins up my nostrils, so I was essentially the match winner. I immediately retired at my peak.

Now that I recall, the score line was 1-0 at halftime and we packed it in to go to the pub so I could stick some paper napkins up my nostrils, so I was essentially the match winner. I immediately retired at my peak.
Goody would be proud of that contest/defence

More importantly though how much did you weigh and were you fat
Our midfield were on the heavy side if I recall but that was okay because nobody knew that because the player weights weren’t published

(Log in to remove this ad.)

skin fold testing for recruits is now banned by the AFL

madness
Who cares. It's like weight. I couldn't give a s* about weight or skinlfold testing. If Stewie Dew can play a pivotal role in winning a flag looking like he did, then anyone can. You can do the eye test to see if someone hasn't put in over summer. Not sure why supporters give 2 s* about it. Let the fatties play

Of all the bans to get overturned, wouldn't have thought it'd be this one lol

It's an absolute lottery. Needs a mass overhaul. No idea how to fix it, but we all know it's broken. Same with the goal line technology..so much wrong with the game atm. It's like they need to go backwards to go forwards.

Personally stoked Hogan got off, karma for that flog Sam Rowe faking he got hurt when Hogan gave him the open palm in 2017.

Personally stoked Hogan got off, karma for that flog Sam Rowe faking he got hurt when Hogan gave him the open palm in 2017.
Jordan Lewis should have been made premier of Victoria for breaking Cripps glass jaw.

Jordan Lewis should have been made premier of Victoria for breaking Cripps glass jaw.
Good times.

I was a mod then, and through the quiet off-season didn’t really get any action. I remember that game was round two and I think when it happened, Crimson or someone said something like “you’ll get your chance now”.

Memorable night.

2 weeks right? Did seem a bit stiff for something that looked more like a push than a slap.

I’ve always wanted to know what was said in that game that set it all off. Even Lewis doesn’t suddenly punch someone for absolutely no reason.

2 weeks right? Did seem a bit stiff for something that looked more like a push than a slap.

I’ve always wanted to know what was said in that game that set it all off. Even Lewis doesn’t suddenly punch someone for absolutely no reason.
Think Cripps just punched him first but pretty soft from memory so Lewis took it as a free shot to land one back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back