VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Disco as a forward is intriguing, if we were going to persist with the three tall set up I wouldnt be against giving him a crack, he at least has some mobility, not another lumbering player who costs us defensively
This game was odd in that last year at Casey they seemed to bloody mindedly stick to playing players only in the positions they would use them at AFL level.

But today there seemed to be several “Let’s mix it up to try to win the game” moves.

I doubt Turner will play forward at AFL level. I doubt Hunter will be in centre square setups at AFL level.

I do think Farris-White is a total spud but he's no hope of improving with 50% time on ground playing entirely forward. Ideally he would be playing first ruck at a lower level but the VFL ressies was sacked off ages ago (I believe he was able to play in the NAB league last year but is too old now).

Maybe it was just not feasible anymore but the expanded lists and lack of reserves competition has definitely made the VFL a strange competition with unbalanced sides picked to squeeze in the AFL listed players.

Spoke to Max Gawn today and he was adamant that Will Verrall will be an AFL ruckman and will take the mantle from Max when he finishes up.

The club are really pleased with him and believe that we have our successor in the ranks as he develops over the next few years.
Gawn hand picked a bloke for us draft a few years back to be out next ruck and he was dog s**t.
What's Gawn gonna say? Nah we should draft more he's pretty s**t? Lol

Gawn hand picked a bloke for us draft a few years back to be out next ruck and he was dog s**t.
What's Gawn gonna say? Nah we should draft more he's pretty s**t? Lol

He wasn’t asked any questions about the ruck situation but offered it up randomly which made me interpret that he and the club are very confident. He didn’t even mention Verrall by name.

He was speaking at a lunch at a local footy club (his old club) and separately he actually made a joke about his recruiting ability after the Filopovic thing.

Last edited:
He wasn’t asked any questions about the ruck situation but offered it up randomly which made me interpret that he and the club are very confident. He didn’t even mention Verrall by name.

He was speaking at a lunch at a local footy club (his old club) and separately he actually made a joke about his recruiting ability after the Filopovic thing.
Oh my mistake I didn't realize he brought it up, he's guaranteed to be a star then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll get those mod powers you've been striving for one day big fella chin up.

It’s weird how you always pot people for being boring but if anyone posts something you disagree with you crack it. You know I agree with a lot of your takes on here but this behaviour is so cringe. campaigner aren’t you 30?

It’s weird how you always pot people for being boring but if anyone posts something you disagree with you crack it. You know I agree with a lot of your takes on here but this behaviour is so cringe. campaigner aren’t you 30?
Which one of us is 'cracking' it lol
I found it funny that we're taking Gawns word as meaning something on a player when players talk up everything and everyone regardless of how s**t they are lol dunno why you're crying on Demon 16 behalf lol

I found it funny that we're taking Gawns word as meaning something on a player when players talk up everything and everyone regardless of how s**t they are lol dunno why you're crying on Demon 16 behalf lol
Don’t worry, I’m perfect to capable of crying on my own behalf!

Sorry thought I replied to this.

You're strawmanning pretty hard that we're all taking Gawns word as gospel - Demon 16 just passed on something Gawn said at a function, he hardly came out and said Verrall is going to be elite. Literally nothing wrong with that and you still wanted to make snarky comments about it, there is just no need for that stuff man.

Sorry thought I replied to this.

You're strawmanning pretty hard that we're all taking Gawns word as gospel - Demon 16 just passed on something Gawn said at a function, he hardly came out and said Verrall is going to be elite. Literally nothing wrong with that and you still wanted to make snarky comments about it, there is just no need for that stuff man.
Who's strawmanning lol you're telling me I cracked it when I was about as far away from cracked it as possible. I'm laughing at Gawn saying something about a ruck, considering he hand picked Filipovic maybe Gawns word on developing ruckman doesn't mean anything

You turned this into a little high school drama session mate

Me having a go at Gawn turned into a little nerd intervention. You guys have history of having a whinge on someone else's behalf as well

Who's strawmanning lol you're telling me I cracked it when I was about as far away from cracked it as possible. I'm laughing at Gawn saying something about a ruck, considering he hand picked Filipovic maybe Gawns word on developing ruckman doesn't mean anything

You turned this into a little high school drama session mate

Me having a go at Gawn turned into a little nerd intervention. You guys have history of having a whinge on someone else's behalf as well

If you can’t see what you’re doing wrong then don’t worry about it mate.

I reckon Verrall will be a decent ruckman. Had a decent kick and made good decisions in the draft videos. Think he'll show a bit when he gets more of a tank and a bit more of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back