VFL Casey Demons VFL 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful piece of play working it down the wing with Adams, Laurie, Brown and Verrall all linking up.

Then Sestan absolutely slaughtered the easiest part by a poor choice and kick into the deep forwards.

Port run it down and kick a goal immediately afterwards.

Brown showed some really good pace there and composure too. He’s been pretty clean with his hands. A big step forward for Brown today (hopefully).

Fullerton finally converts for his second from a high contact free directly in front from 25. He’s had plenty of chances today.

67-53 Port lead at 3/4 time . Really let Port get away first half of that quarter . Stacking our forward line (Like the seniors ) and they all want to fly for the same ball . Add in missing set shots and here we are .

Last edited:
Nice finish by Sestan while playing as a mid for goal, fed by Turner after he won the ball well at ground level playing as a forward.

Turner now kicks a goal after selling a dummy.

Hunter is now in the centre square setup.

Schache kicked his third and then went through the Port defender in the hole shortly afterwards.

Brown kicks his third and Casey now lead. Brown is playing as a forward now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i might have been a bit harsh on Fullarton, he's had a pretty good game after i bagged him earlier. he seemed to find a lot of space at times which probably means he has a decent workrate.

Last edited:
Hunter - started half forward and didn’t see much if the ball but must’ve had it 10+ times in the last when moved on ball. Was a big reason for Casey winning.

Laurie - had a lot of ball in the first half but less of it in the second. The stats say he laid 18 tackles! 24 disposals but I didn’t think he was that effective with his disposal today. Mostly played as a mid with some short stints forward.

Schache - played forward and showed some aggression a few times. A very good game but he does this regularly at VFL level. Finished with three goals.

Tomlinson - solid but nothing outstanding. He did really control things in the last quarter.

Jefferson - the best I can say is he competed and didn’t get easily out marked too often. A very disappointing game playing as a deep forward.

Adams - I thought he struggled early on Gowers (I believe that was his matchup) but was more solid as the game progressed. Developing nicely.

Verrall - very impressive game. Won the ruck both in hit outs and impact around the ground. Didn’t appear to play much time as a forward today.

Fullarton - found plenty of ball and spelled Verrall in the ruck. Kicked a couple but could’ve kicked four or five. Still hasn’t shown me anything other than he’s a Schache clone who is too skilled for VFL, but doesn’t play a legitimate AFL level aggressive game as a tall forward.

Sestan - easy to say it’s his best game I’ve seen because he kicked three, but it was much more than the goals. Was effective both on ball and as a forward. I suspect his fitness is well up on 2023 which allows him to do more for longer. Developing well.

K.Brown - was in and out of the game as a mid and also a forward. When he had his moments he took them. Clean hands, a bit of toe and three nice opportunistic goals.

Turner - a good return. Was solid as an intercepting back and then worked himself into things nicely as a forward in the second half.

Farris-White - I think I’m ready to write this guy off. I just don’t see any signs he will make it. Played as a deep forward and my guess is he didn’t see much game time.

Moniz-Wakefield - got a bit of the ball playing at half back but I wasn’t dazzled with his ball use. Just a game.

Not to be dramatic but Farris White is probably the worst player to ever make an AFL team, absolutely useless.

Great to hear Brown, Sextent and Disco played well.

Last edited:
Not be dramatic but Farris White is probably the worst player to ever make an AFL team, absolutely useless.

Great to hear Brown, Sextent and Disco played well.
I don’t think you’re being dramatic.

Farris-White clearly an athletic specimen, but shows absolutely zero acumen and game sense.

At least with some others you can see glimpses but they need to get their fitness up (e.g. Sestan) or have some time to let their body fill out (hopefully Jefferson but today was a stinker) but I don’t see anything at all from Farris-White.

Having said that, I was confident McVee was a bust at the end of 2022.

I don’t think you’re being dramatic.

Farris-White clearly an athletic specimen, but shows absolutely zero acumen and game sense.

At least with some others you can see glimpses but they need to get their fitness up (e.g. Sestan) or have some time to let their body fill out (hopefully Jefferson but today was a stinker) but I don’t see anything at all from Farris-White.

Having said that, I was confident McVee was a bust at the end of 2022.
He is like a poor man's Bradkte.

Disco as a forward is intriguing, if we were going to persist with the three tall set up I wouldnt be against giving him a crack, he at least has some mobility, not another lumbering player who costs us defensively

Spoke to Max Gawn today and he was adamant that Will Verrall will be an AFL ruckman and will take the mantle from Max when he finishes up.

The club are really pleased with him and believe that we have our successor in the ranks as he develops over the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back