MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspending Toby Greene would be even more pussy s**t from the AFL. Saying he has a duty of care is so ******* stupid, the balls kicked to him, why does the guy going backwards have the right to go for the ball but the guy coming towards it has to judge if they're gonna get it or not and then decide to pull out

Last edited:
Suspending Toby Greene would be even more pussy s*t from the AFL. Saying he has a duty of care is so ****** stupid, the balls kicked to him, why does the guy going backwards have the right to go for the ball but the guy coming towards it has to judge if they're gonna get it or not and then decide to pull out
I remember a couple of years back Chris Scott talked about which player should have right of way in a contest and it was such a good way of looking at it. If you want to go back with the flight fine but it shouldn't be the responsibility of the leading player to protect you.

Pretty wild that the best team so far this year has this as a midfield group:
  • Rhys Stanley
  • Mark O'Connor
  • Tanner Bruhn
  • A 34-year-old Patrick Dangerfield
  • A 32-year-old Mitch Duncan
  • Brandon Parfitt
  • Tom Atkins
  • A 33-year-old Mark Blicavs
  • Jack Bowes
I expect some regression to the mean eventually, but on paper that's one of the worst midfields in the comp. Testament to how good their system is (forwards and backs are pretty handy, too).

• Rhys Stanley
  • Mark O'Connor
  • Tanner Bruhn
  • Brandon Parfitt
  • Tom Atkins
  • Mark Blicavs
  • Jack Bowes
I expect some regression to the mean eventually, but on paper that's one of the worst midfields in the comp. Testament to how good their system is (forwards and backs are pretty handy, too).
Chris Scott has gotta be the best coach in the league.

I remember a couple of years back Chris Scott talked about which player should have right of way in a contest and it was such a good way of looking at it. If you want to go back with the flight fine but it shouldn't be the responsibility of the leading player to protect you.
It just makes no ******* sense to me. The balls kicked to Greene. If Boyd doesn't go back with the flight Greene takes a standing chest mark, he has to jump to effect the contest because boyd jumps up and into his space. If he goes the spoil and hits him he gets a month, if he arrives late like he did he gets suspended, but if he jumps even higher and knees him in the face he wins mark of the week. Afls cooked as

• Rhys Stanley
  • Mark O'Connor
  • Tanner Bruhn
  • Brandon Parfitt
  • Tom Atkins
  • Jack Bowes
Probably because their midfield doesn't just blast the ball into orbit. They have elite intercept defenders and they get the ball into the hands of their half forwards to hit blokes up on the lead. Chris Scott's a genius yet everything they do is so ******* simple. Give Hawkins and Cameron space and kick it Infront of them 🤯

It just makes no ******* sense to me. The balls kicked to Greene. If Boyd doesn't go back with the flight Greene takes a standing chest mark, he has to jump to effect the contest because boyd jumps up and into his space. If he goes the spoil and hits him he gets a month, if he arrives late like he did he gets suspended, but if he jumps even higher and knees him in the face he wins mark of the week. Afls cooked as
I'm legit pissed that Green got done for that. If he doesn't make an effort then the story of the week is that the GWS captain is soft.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably because their midfield doesn't just blast the ball into orbit. They have elite intercept defenders and they get the ball into the hands of their half forwards to hit blokes up on the lead. Chris Scott's a genius yet everything they do is so ******* simple. Give Hawkins and Cameron space and kick it Infront of them 🤯
Agree, although Dangerfield has been knocking satellites out of the sky since before Trac finished high school.

Agree, although Dangerfield has been knocking satellites out of the sky since before Trac finished high school.
True, occasionally he'd be closer enough to goal that they'd chuck him 6 points for one though. Oliver wants to grab a straw when he sees long white things

I'm legit pissed that Green got done for that. If he doesn't make an effort then the story of the week is that the GWS captain is soft.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
100%
Imagine he stayed on the ground an Boyd marked Infront of him. I ******* see where this is all going and the games gonna be completely non contact outside little hugging tackles soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it doesn't make sense anymore.

AFL have created some strange precedents that are going to get footballing actions suspended all the time now.

They almost need to come out and re-interpret some of the rules like this one and bring in the right of way thing.

Yeah it doesn't make sense anymore.

AFL have created some strange precedents that are going to get footballing actions suspended all the time now.

They almost need to come out and re-interpret some of the rules like this one and bring in the right of way thing.
Either a right of way or stop dancing around the obvious and say they want players to pull out of contests if they aren't first because that's clearly what they want with the crouch bump and the Wright and Greene marking contests.

There was a similar incident to Greene in the north melbourne game with larkey. I recall Jonathan Brown saying that he was going the ball so he'll be fine.
Peter Wright and Toby Greene were going for the ball.
The AFL want a 360 sport with no contact to the head ever. It's not possible without destroying the game. At some point there needs to be an acceptable risk

Yep some things you can't legislated for.
I guarantee within 5 years someone will be trying to take knees to the head in marking contests out of the game. It'll be your responsibility if you jump knee first

• Rhys Stanley
  • Mark O'Connor
  • Tanner Bruhn
  • Brandon Parfitt
  • Tom Atkins
  • Jack Bowes
I fn hate Geelong. With a passion. But you just have to admire what they continually bring year after year.

They do have the best defence in the comp imo. It's better than ours. They also have Jeremy Cameron floating around the F50 which helps. But whoever comes into their side impacts. Look at that kid Dempsey? I think that's his name. Comes in and looks like a 100 gamer from the get go. KARDINIA is a fair advantage too. It's the biggest home ground advantage in the comp. They get to train on it too which is a huge advantage. Yeah Scott is a good coach, but they have never bottomed out in my lifetime. It's more than just the coach. Always great people running the place and a massive area of talent to pull from with a big go home factor.

I hope they trip up, but with 7 home games still to come, they have locked in a top 4 spot already.

Peter Wright and Toby Greene were going for the ball.
The AFL want a 360 sport with no contact to the head ever. It's not possible without destroying the game. At some point there needs to be an acceptable risk
What I do not understand is that the players are adults and they know the risk of concussion and CTE. Head hits that are done on purpose have been removed from the game, and if Pickett or Webster snipe they get a big suspension. Surely they are old enough and informed enough to decide they are willing to accept some risk when they play so legitimate contest accidents are not a suspension?

And if the above is not enough, why punish the bloke running forwards toward the ball? The bloke running back is taking the risk!

What I do not understand is that the players are adults and they know the risk of concussion and CTE. Head hits that are done on purpose have been removed from the game, and if Pickett or Webster snipe they get a big suspension. Surely they are old enough and informed enough to decide they are willing to accept some risk when they play so legitimate contest accidents are not a suspension?

And if the above is not enough, why punish the bloke running forwards toward the ball? The bloke running back is taking the risk!
I think the majority of the young blokes who are playing would happily take a pay cheque to play non contact footy.

AFL clubs will reportedly no longer be permitted to conduct skinfold testing on prospective draftees, in another step towards prioritising player mental health.

Get absolutely ****ed lol 😂

Wilson added on Nine’s Footy Classified: “And for the women players, they don’t have to be weighed at all unless they put their hand up

Course they don't, why would professional athletes need to be accountable for their body's

What a ******* laugh

Get absolutely ****ed lol 😂

Course they don't, why would professional athletes need to be accountable for their body's

What a ******* laugh

Is this even true or is it one of the made up things that lazy journalists like to put out there to generate some outrage in the hope people are dumb enough to tune into Footy Classified? “Reportedly” sounds very sus.

If it is true, it’s mad. Why is there this idea that the only way to achieve stable mental health is to never have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable? May as well tell Doctors that they can’t advise a patient to try and lose some weight.

Anyway I don’t believe it. Sounds too much like Wilson’s typical rubbish that she churns out these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back