MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Cripps just punched him first but pretty soft from memory so Lewis took it as a free shot to land one back.
I remember this interview from way back with Lewis where he was asked about the number of suspensions he had over his career. Apparently a crazy majority were against North (nice that we got him to break some new ground). He said he was pretty sure that since everyone knew he had a short fuse, North used to set out to trigger him to put him off his game. And the dumb part was that he thought he played better angry, so all North really achieved was having the next team face the Hawks with a player out.

I remember this interview from way back with Lewis where he was asked about the number of suspensions he had over his career. Apparently a crazy majority were against North (nice that we got him to break some new ground). He said he was pretty sure that since everyone knew he had a short fuse, North used to set out to trigger him to put him off his game. And the dumb part was that he thought he played better angry, so all North really achieved was having the next team face the Hawks with a player out.
Lol that game when Hodge and Lewis just thugged north for no reason was hilarious

Lol that game when Hodge and Lewis just thugged north for no reason was hilarious

That was amazing stuff.

I can’t even imagine the length of the suspension there days.

Which reminds me of another funny part of the Jordy interview. He said that Clarko did this great public face thing for his players like “unsociable football, playing on the edge, soldier in - soldier out” but behind scenes, and that day in particular, he was more like “WTF do you two clowns think you are doing!!!”

That was amazing stuff.

I can’t even imagine the length of the suspension there days.

Which reminds me of another funny part of the Jordy interview. He said that Clarko did this great public face thing for his players like “unsociable football, playing on the edge, soldier in - soldier out” but behind scenes, and that day in particular, he was more like “WTF do you two clowns think you are doing!!!”
Makes sense too, the fear of getting clipped is just as powerful as actually getting hit.

Smashing goldy and swallows even better, couldn't pick two less aggressive looking types

Makes sense too, the fear of getting clipped is just as powerful as actually getting hit.

Smashing goldy and swallows even better, couldn't pick two less aggressive looking types
Oh for sure they would have known what they were doing.

I mean they had to sit out some matches, but brought a level of intimidation factor to every game. Every person lining up on them would have been wondering whether they really wanted to prod a couple of perambulating nests of bull-ants

I'm going to be honest, I've watched a lot of these anzac games over the years. But am i the only one that doesn't really remember any of them other than Zaharakis? Nothing really memorable really sticks in my head from these games, the only other thing i remember is Eliiot kicking a goal out of bounds

I'm going to be honest, I've watched a lot of these anzac games over the years. But am i the only one that doesn't really remember any of them other than Zaharakis? Nothing really memorable really sticks in my head from these games, the only other thing i remember is Eliiot kicking a goal out of bounds
I remember Hird dominating, but yeah, not a bad call overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back