NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I reckon div 1 will be there. Better ground, spectator

Div 1 finals will be at La Trobe. No agreement anymore with Preston.
Having checked out the ground recently, I honestly am struggling to see how it will be a better ground to view football at. The hill at Cramer when full is a real feature, and unless there is more plans to build there is only one building that is around the ground.
Not to mention it looks like wind will play havoc as there is no protection.

Having checked out the ground recently, I honestly am struggling to see how it will be a better ground to view football at. The hill at Cramer when full is a real feature, and unless there is more plans to build there is only one building that is around the ground.
Not to mention it looks like wind will play havoc as there is no protection.

View attachment 756328
They could hire those grand stands like the use to for junior finals..

Cramer street is a shocking venue

Why don't the NFNL hire Ikon Park for the finals series. Quality ground
Quality facilities
Well the league is the Northern football league with most teams in the Nillumbik or Banyule shire.

Having a crowd of a couple of thousand at a 25,000 seat staduim would be horrendous. No parking and at least 30/40 minute drive from the majority of sides.

D1 , D2 - Latrobe, Epping
D3 - Panther place

Should be like that IMO.

Well the league is the Northern football league with most teams in the Nillumbik or Banyule shire.

Having a crowd of a couple of thousand at a 25,000 seat staduim would be horrendous. No parking and at least 30/40 minute drive from the majority of sides.

D1 , D2 - Latrobe, Epping
D3 - Panther place

Should be like that IMO.

Agree r.e Panther Place - great venue for finals with the amount of raised seating they have, always a good atmosphere and if they let cars in ever again for finals (doubtful) it allows for a good 'local footy feel' with car horns blaring all around the outer wing when a goal is scored. Walking distance to the train station helps too.

They could hire those grand stands like the use to for junior finals..

Cramer street is a shocking venue

DVFL used to hire heaps of stands at Epping and they worked perfectly. The once say they use at the F1 at Albert Park have to be able to be hired somewhere.

Agree it looks like wind will play a factor but in Spring in Melbourne that's pretty much inevitable. I think it has to be tried for a few years and see. Also having access to employ your own bar and canteen services means 100% profit goes to the NFNL not most to the Northern Blues. This may help them stop being so anal with fines or could reduce annual costs to Clubs, you never know.

Agree r.e Panther Place - great venue for finals with the amount of raised seating they have, always a good atmosphere and if they let cars in ever again for finals (doubtful) it allows for a good 'local footy feel' with car horns blaring all around the outer wing when a goal is scored. Walking distance to the train station helps too.

This year the ground stood up but has not been the fact every year, have a really wet winter and Panther Place can bog up like the rest of them. Whilst I love local footy at local footy grounds I really want to see the La Trobe thing work. They do have two grounds the other one across from Uni Hill is awesome. Does not have social rooms but heaps of car parking and surface is awesome. Reckon they try all Divs at La Trobes grounds for a few years and review.

This year the ground stood up but has not been the fact every year, have a really wet winter and Panther Place can bog up like the rest of them. Whilst I love local footy at local footy grounds I really want to see the La Trobe thing work. They do have two grounds the other one across from Uni Hill is awesome. Does not have social rooms but heaps of car parking and surface is awesome. Reckon they try all Divs at La Trobes grounds for a few years and review.
social room/function at la Trobe is quite small

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baddely-kelly to Epping
Gee reality might have hit ... followed boomer to get an in at north Melb... but didn’t eventuate and then limited chances at willy.... big step down ...hope he has a good think about where he wants to play next year ... div1 prelim team to bottom of div2 team.. hope he gets the right advice

You’re on the money!!!
👍🏻Just shows it’s not always promises that make you get where you think you can .... and I saw at least 6 games of nth this year and he played forward every game ... that won’t get you where you want to go

👍🏻Just shows it’s not always promises that make you get where you think you can .... and I saw at least 6 games of nth this year and he played forward every game ... that won’t get you where you want to go
Offer to good to refuse & North not getting into paying well overs plus used former junior club as the way out. Club disappointed to lose a player of his ability but will keep an eye on how he goes, door opens for others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back