Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Buz

Senior List
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bearing in mind clearances don’t re open till feb, if you read the north heid fb page,
They have announced more quality signings during the week
Be interesting to see how they fit them all in the one side?? Probably about 5 blokes in last week ranging from 3-5 points. At the minimum that’s 15 points and doesn’t include any announced previously. Their two’s might win more games than their ones.

As much as i despise the "PREMIER, D1, D2" set up at the EDFL, with the EFl now heading to 5 divisions with their top flight being referred to as "PREMIER" with "D1, D2, D3, D4" following... It may be time for NFNL to consider it to conform universally (WRFL & SFNL are a fair way behind IMO).

For me, it's a kin to believing in Santa BUT the perception and confusion could now be a consideration... Thoughts...?!?

New
I see Jarryd Waite has gone to the VAFA! With Hunt and Baddeley-kelly going to the VFL, have North got any others in there sights? Im sure every club is hoping to recruit. Heard a rumour that Bundoora are going to have alot of departures next year. Players ive heard are ajuilla, iacabucci, dyson(vfl), marshall, keating, nixon and hood retired. That leaves a massive hole if true

Shocked that North couldn't get him over the line. I assume with the players that are leaving as mentioned above they'd be able to offer him a bloody good deal

Dubai Man suppose it's tough to compete when a VAFA APS school club offers free education for your kids :eek:

Shocked that North couldn't get him over the line. I assume with the players that are leaving as mentioned above they'd be able to offer him a bloody good deal

Dubai Man suppose it's tough to compete when a VAFA APS school club offers free education for your kids :eek:
Surely Nth Heidelberg could’ve arranged a free education at Olympic Village Primary School or Latrobe Secondary College;)

Correct Workhorse very hard to compete with the likes of St Kevins & these types just have a look at their list of ex AFL players getting fringe benefits on the side.
Now would they be included in a suburban club salary cap???
The auditors would have a field day.

Last edited:
Surely Nth Heidelberg could’ve arranged a free education at Olympic Village Primary School or Latrobe Secondary College;)
Moved on from those places bruva, the Environmental Science gig at Marcellin was on the go for Waity a place where many of the current senior list plyed their trade.

Gee whiz north Heidelberg must not have offered much if Waite is playing for the love of the game at skobs.

Surely boomer has some other buddies?

Take it to the bank. Ramsay to coach Mont and former Lower coach, Michael ‘Chopper’ Ryan as one of his assistants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst kept secret!

I dont mind them trying to make money but just fill it with adds or make an ad you watch before you can read the article.

I don’t understand why Ramsay would want to leave a club he has taken to the past 4 grannies to go to a club that hasn’t played finals in those years?

From the chats I have had with Macleod players they loved him, seems very strange to me the whole situation.

I don’t understand why Ramsay would want to leave a club he has taken to the past 4 grannies to go to a club that hasn’t played finals in those years?

From the chats I have had with Macleod players they loved him, seems very strange to me the whole situation.
It’s definitely an interesting scenario. Even though nothing has been said, I get the impression that something has occurred at Macleod which has forced Ramsay’s hand. Or perhaps the challenge of getting a club that hasn’t won a flag since 1979 overrides the known of coaching a side that has already won and may be coming to the end of its cycle under his guidance.

I think someone said that Gary had recently lost his job and Mont could look after him. If true then you really cannot blame a guy as he does need to look after his family first. Smart move by Mont, they needed someone with experience and from the outside.

5 years at a club is a long time. Players and coach need a change.

Also Monty clearly have a lot of talent and bringing them a flag would be a
Massive deal down there.

Big question is how does this impact Macleod. His greatest impact at De Winton for mine was bringing the best out of that particular players and turning them from good/solid local footballers into them becoming one of the most well oiled machines in metro footy, bringing the best out of the players individually.

5 years at a club is a long time. Players and coach need a change.

Also Monty clearly have a lot of talent and bringing them a flag would be a
Massive deal down there.

Dunno if I agree with your comment that 5 years is a long time, if it is working you would not fix it (and lets be honest they have been quite successful in the past 4 years …. yes should have a few more flags) It is a great deal for Mont and Gaz.

Anyone at Mont heard the rumour that they will be off the ground all 2019? I hear they are redoing the surface to summer grass like their neighbours.

Having been involved in a club not on their ground for a season it is a massive hit both on field and financially. We know Monts surface gets bad but is their actually anything they can do? With Lower in Div 1 will there be a reciprocated rights to that ground for a season (we know there is massive love between them but in the end council can make that call)

It’s definitely an interesting scenario. Even though nothing has been said, I get the impression that something has occurred at Macleod which has forced Ramsay’s hand. Or perhaps the challenge of getting a club that hasn’t won a flag since 1979 overrides the known of coaching a side that has already won and may be coming to the end of its cycle under his guidance.

Nothing has gone skewiff with Macleod and Ramma. He just felt that it was time for change of scenery. The relationship was and is still great. It’s a suitable appointment for Mont.

As for being at the end of the cycle for Macleod, I personally don’t see that happening. Lots of kids have been blooded over the past couple of years and the 19’s were very strong this season gone. We will be thereabouts again next season

Nothing has gone skewiff with Macleod and Ramma. He just felt that it was time for change of scenery. The relationship was and is still great. It’s a suitable appointment for Mont.

As for being at the end of the cycle for Macleod, I personally don’t see that happening. Lots of kids have been blooded over the past couple of years and the 19’s were very strong this season gone. We will be thereabouts again next season
Hopefully that’s the case Unders. I’m of the belief that Mont targeted Rambo well before the announcement that he wasn’t continuing on at Macleod, perhaps 4-6 weeks before the regular season ended. I think that targeting planted a very compelling seed of thought for Gaz to ponder over. Sensationally smart move by Mont and full credit to them for being very proactive:clapping:

Quoted from roosterslife in the old thread
I see Jarryd Waite has gone to the VAFA! With Hunt and Baddeley-kelly going to the VFL, have North got any others in there sights? Im sure every club is hoping to recruit. Heard a rumour that Bundoora are going to have alot of departures next year. Players ive heard are ajuilla, iacabucci, dyson(vfl), marshall, keating, nixon and hood retired. That leaves a massive hole if true
Gee I hope not. Brent Marshall is my favourite player at the Bulls. This won’t be good for them. Feel like their era is starting to end, this will accelerate it further. Won’t be surprised if they’re at risk of relegation next year sadly.

Quoted from roosterslife in the old thread

Gee I hope not. Brent Marshall is my favourite player at the Bulls. This won’t be good for them. Feel like their era is starting to end, this will accelerate it further. Won’t be surprised if they’re at risk of relegation next year sadly.
Add proctor to that list and growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back