Autopsy Mid Table Freo beats Mid Table Bulldogs 95-71

Remove this Banner Ad

The standard sack the coach calls ...

Like that's ever going to happen
You're right. It's not.

Now ... :think: ... what was Einsteins's definition of insanity that Bevo quoted earlier this year?

Surprised to see West, Garcia and VDM getting some flak. I’ve been massively critical of VDM but his pressure was very good tonight. His decision making was much improved also. West is best 22 all day long. Garcia brings some youthful fight that is missing elsewhere.

I’m more disappointed in Harmes, who was non existent, Lobb, who offered zero. Bont being massively below par and missing absolute sitters. Daniel who I fear is done.
West is best 22. However, when you see Aaron Naught run past him to apply pressure to a Freo player running from the goal square to clear the ball. Then you get an understanding as to why teams are regularly able to do so with ease. The guys that one would expect to be applying pressure to keep the ball locked in our forward half just can't do it.

We dont have a genuine pressure forward waiting in the wings. Arthur Jones is the closest that we have and the odds on him making it are so long that you could write your own ticket. For mine the next cab off the rank Charlie Clarke is in the mould of West or Weightman. Crafty natural forwards not great appliers of pressure.

Harmes will be a swing and a miss if Beveridge doesn't walk away from his dogmatic stance of not playing a player in a run with role. Let alone as a pure tagger. If he didn't tonight as Fyfe, Sarong and Brayshaw got off the chain early then he never will. Then the recruitment of Harmes can be marked down (if it hasn't already) as a complete waste of time. As he offers very little wherever else he is played.

Last edited:
Because he’s our ruck.

I think we gave Libba every chance to be fit. Sanders had already played. Daniel is not a good sub, agreed.
With Lobb and Darcy in the side English getting 22 of 26 is a joke. Jumps at every ball up like he’s at the draft combine measuring for vertical leap.

Last edited:
As always…

Expected Score / Actual Score
WB: 76 / 71 (-5)
FR: 98 / 95 (-3)

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: -22 / -24

Centre Bounce Attendance
24 - Richards
22 - English, Treloar
20 - Bontempelli
8 - Macrae
3 - Darcy, Harmes
1 - Garcia, Lobb

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage / Sharked)
67 - English (28 / 6 / 8)
19 - Darcy (3 / 2 / 1)
11 - Lobb (3 / 0 / 1)

Hitouts To Advantage

WB: 8
FR: 18

English v Sean Darcy (56 contests)

Hitouts: 22 / 22
To Advantage: 4 / 8
Clearances: 19 / 28

Sam Darcy v Sean Darcy (13 contests)
Hitouts: 1 / 12
To Advantage: 1 / 4
Clearances; 3 / 4

First Possessions
WB: 35

FR: 51

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 30 / 24 (80%)
FR: 36 / 47 (77%)

Tackle Efficiency

WB: 65%
FR: 65%

Smothers
WB: 8

FR: 9

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 60%
FR: 63%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 75%
FR: 82%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 4
FR: 3

Defensive Half Contested Marks
WB: 4
FR: 6

Defensive Half Intercept Marks
WB: 10
FR: 8

Score Launches
2 - Dale, Garcia, Treloar, West, Williams
1 - Bontempelli, Daniel, Darcy, English, Gallagher, Johannisen, L. Jones, Lobb, Macrae, Richards, Vandermeer

Targets Inside 50

21 - No target/bombed
6 - Naughton
4 - Darcy
3 - English
2 - Harmes, Lobb
1 - Bontempelli, Dale, Gallagher, Weightman, West

Inside 50 Repeat Entries
WB: 14
FR: 12

Shots At Goal
WB: 22 (45%)
FR: 29 (48%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / Fremantle)
Set Shot: 5.4 / 9.5
Snap: 4.3 / 2.2
On Run: 0.3 / 2.3
Mark Play On: 1.0 / 1.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 0.1

0M-15M: 0.1 / 0.1
15M-30M: 4.3 / 5.3
31M-40M: 4.2 / 4.1
41M-50M: 2.3 / 4.5
51M+: 0.1 / 1.1

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 1.0 / 1.1
Scores In Time-On: 4.3 / 5.4
Scores Sourced From Defensive Half: 3.1 / 5.3

Score Assists
3 - Naughton, West
2 - Lobb, Macrae, Vandermeer
1 - Bontempelli, Bramble, Dale, Richards, Treloar

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 32
FR: 36

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 6
FR: 5

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 26
FR: 22

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 31
FR: 44

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 2

FR: 6

Turnovers Punished By Goals
2 - Richards
1 - Bontempelli, Bramble, Daniel. Garcia, L. Jones, Macrae, O’Donnell, Williams

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
133 - English
132 - Dale
102 - Bontempelli
94 - Treloar
93 - L. Jones
88 - Williams
86 - Darcy
79 - Macrae
79 - Richards
76 - Naughton
67 - West
65 - Vandermeer
65 - Garcia
60 - O’Donnell
57 - Bramble
53 - Johannisen
49 - Harmes
48 - Daniel
45 - Khamis
44 - Duryea
37 - Lobb
26 - Gallagher
2 - Weightman

Time In Forward Half
Q1

WB: 50%
FR: 50%

Q2
WB: 43%
FR: 57%

Q3
WB: 68%
FR: 32%

Q4
WB: 48%
FR: 52%

Match
WB: 52%
FR: 48%

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 193 (Above Average)
FR: 187 (Average)

Q2
WB: 186 (Average)
FR: 181 (Average)

Q3
WB: 160 (Poor)
FR: 160 (Poor)

Q4
WB: 177 (Below Average)
FR: 165 (Poor)

Match
WB: 180 (Average)
FR: 174 (Below Average)

Pressure Points Per Player
58 - Macrae
58 - Richards
53 - Bontempelli
53 - English
41 - Williams
38 - Vandermeer
37 - Dale
36 - West
32 - Garcia
29 - Darcy
28 - Treloar
28 - Daniel
23 - Gallagher
22 - Bramble
22 - Harmes
19 - Lobb
18 - Naughton
17 - L. Jones
17 - Duryea
12 - Johannisen
12 - O’Donnell
10 - Weightman

Score Sources
Scores From Stoppages: 4.5 / 4.6 (3.2 / 2.3 from centre)
Scores From Turnovers: 5.6 / 10.4
Scores From Kick-Ins: 1.0 / 0.1

We’re just a stupid team.

I’m not saying the players are stupid, but the way they play is so far beneath the IQ that other teams play with that it’s significant.

The handballs to a teammate with 2-3 opponents hanging off him are still an issue, but equally so are the no-look handballs over the head when you have no idea who’s there. It’s baffling how they play.

Khamis - know your limitations and play within them.
Williams - you are a senior player now. More than just the bare minimum in output would be nice. Exerting some influence would be nice.
Bramble - when a team mate is two metres away from you it is expected that your handball will hit the target.
English - I can’t criticise you, I don’t like contact either. But I’m not chasing a big contract.

What's the point of bringing in Harmes to the senior side if we won't play him through the midfield? Same as Garcia.

Funny how Brad Johnson has tipped us to miss finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was clear early on we weren't up to it. I Didn't really care about the result in the end. Smashed in the middle as usual but whats worse was we let a very ordinary side exit from stoppages too easily. Our defence is poor and forward line dysfunctional. Really concerned that we could be in for a downturn...

Einstein never said that one DW. Come on mate.
Funny, I went to a movie this afternoon where they said he did.

Rushed home to watch the game. I should have stayed around for another movie.

Funny, I went to a movie this afternoon where they said he did.

Rushed home to watch the game. I should have stayed around for another movie.
I find best practice after a movie is to race home and spend the next seven hours fact checking the dialogue. Weirdly my wife doesn’t suggest going to the cinema much.

I go to every dog's game in WA. This year I definitely noticed a drop in the amount of dogs fans there.

Were lucky to not be flogged by half time.

Jones and Darcy literally saved us so many times.

As always it looks so easy watching the opposition get the ball out of a contested situation at half back and just run easily to their forward line. Then to watch us have extreme difficulty to just get it to the wing.

My favourite part of the night was watching us kick it to a 6-8 man packing the forward line every single entry.

This was expected. Visible to anyone that pays attention and doesn’t get sucked into big wins vs uncompetitive sides. Thanks for first place in the work tipping comp.

well be paying our third tall forward a milly a year for 8 years

Darcy rapidly becoming more reliable than Naughton who has already been passed by jamarra
Ok i admit I am overseas and did not see the game, but have you already forgotten that Naughton was dominant and kicked 6 last week???

Ridiculous post.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great title dogwatch . I think we have a choice to make, we can’t win it. If you lose to Essendon & Freo in the same season you are rarely going to go close.

Our midfield needs to own a lot of that along with the coaching group. Did Harmes play in the middle at all as a defensive mid?

Our captain isn’t his usual self, no Libba, we’re in a world of hurt.
I think that Harmes looked so much like McComb tonight. Unsure, unskilled out of place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back