Rd 7 Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Libba and Marra clearly come in.

VDM for Marra - Can’t see any of our talls getting dropped. 4 headed monster likely. Tipping Naughts goes back to his role higher up the ground to accommodate.

Bramble or Williams for Libba - Bramble been ok, not great. Williams been poor. We’ve got enough half backs to cover a wing role. Richard’s likely moved back to accomodate.

Libba and Marra clearly come in.

VDM for Marra - Can’t see any of our talls getting dropped. 4 headed monster likely. Tipping Naughts goes back to his role higher up the ground to accommodate.

Bramble or Williams for Libba - Bramble been ok, not great. Williams been poor. We’ve got enough half backs to cover a wing role. Richard’s likely moved back to accomodate.
Lobb has certainly made it difficult. Not sure how we do it but I'd be reluctant to go full 4-headed monster again. However when we last did that Darcy was much greener and the four of them had less understanding of how to make it work together. It might work but I just feel Freo would find a way to exploit it.

If we do play all four + Timmy I think Bramble stays and it's Williams out. Williams was made to look slow at times last night.

I'll be fascinated to see whether Richards still gets some CBAs even with Libba back. I know you think it was a flop but if nothing else the change-ups kept the opposition guessing.

Not convinced VDM goes out but maybe it's either him or Gallagher (who did OK last night). Both suffered heavy hits last night in brave contests. Or maybe VDM's knock will keep him out for a week and save the selectors some headaches?

EDIT: Just saw the post above. So maybe no Marra ... and both VDM and Bramble stay.

Dropping Sanders?
Sanders or Vanders (ha!). Sanders either starts or plays a full game in the VFL, Vanders wasn't the worst but club might be conservative with him from that fall he took (amazing courage from him).

If you look at the mix from last night Libba has to come in for a mid, Harmes did well on a wing.

Dropping Sanders?
Hopefully Sanders gets game time tomorrow if not probably best he goes back to the twos for a fortnight to get some game time under his belt. Being subbed in or out every game isn't great for fitness or continuity let alone confidence.

I'd do this:

Outs: Vandermeer (rested/omitted), Sanders (needs a full game) and Bramble (omitted)
Ins: Charlie Clarke, Tom Liberatore and Caleb Daniel

Move Ed back to the back line, though I was very impressed with his midfield work.

Would also have Gallagher be starting sub. Reckon he's a bit beat up but want to keep pumping games into the boy so the sub is a sensible option.

I'd do this:

Outs: Vandermeer (rested/omitted), Sanders (needs a full game) and Bramble (omitted)
Ins: Charlie Clarke, Tom Liberatore and Caleb Daniel

Move Ed back to the back line, though I was very impressed with his midfield work.

Would also have Gallagher be starting sub. Reckon he's a bit beat up but want to keep pumping games into the boy so the sub is a sensible option.
Bramble needs to be replaced by a run and carry player that can defend not a Daniel type,

Pratt won't want him down back

Out VDM Bramble
In libba Daniel

Marra if available to come in for a very unlucky Lobb or Darcy for a break

Not sure how Gallagher will pull up looked a pretty big corky.

Williams or Harmes as sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me the only changes would be forced apart from bringing libba in.
Libba in for Sanders, Bramble to sub.

Wait and see on Lobb and Vandermeer, Darcy may also be due for a rest. If one of those three are out it's time to debut Clarke.

Great win last night... I was an advocate for Harmes coming in last night but based on that performance I dont think he holds his spot. I really dont think he is creative enough, I think he plays when we need to shut someone down and unfortunately bevo never does that.

Brad hill carved us up a bit last night and I was surprised harmes was not used to harrass the be jesus out of him. I knwo bards quicker, but it would ahve been an option.

Libba in for Harmes...

VDM - i dont see what this bloke offers at this level... yes he can run quick but thats really it.

VDM out - Sanders in the rotation and clarke comes in as a sub.

Lobb out - unfortunate as he played ok, Marra in!

Was VDM concussed or just a big hit?

Would go VDM out, Libba in. Garcia to play the VDM role (maybe not ideal but that’s how he stays in the team).

If Marra is back, probably has to be Darcy managed out. Need to manage his workloads anyway.

Might be time for a VFL run for Sanders, Daniel to replace pending VFL form.

Bramble sub with Ed going back to defence, although nice ace up our sleeve now to roll him through the middle at times

In: Libba, JUH
Out: Bramble, Lobb

Bramble to sub & Richards to defence, Sanders to get some confidence in the VFL with Garcia & Harmes in solid form.

Lobb is incredibly unlucky. Has dominated the VFL and played pretty well last night. He might get a reprieve if JUH misses or Darcy needs a rest week.

If Clarke or Jones have good games, I'd like to bring one in for VDM.

Was VDM concussed or just a big hit?

Would go VDM out, Libba in. Garcia to play the VDM role (maybe not ideal but that’s how he stays in the team).

If Marra is back, probably has to be Darcy managed out. Need to manage his workloads anyway.

Might be time for a VFL run for Sanders, Daniel to replace pending VFL form.

Bramble sub with Ed going back to defence, although nice ace up our sleeve now to roll him through the middle at times
VDM was subbed out while he was doing the concussion test but was cleared. It was going to take 15 minutes so they just made the move anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back