Recommitted Max Holmes [re-signed with Geelong through 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

There was that bald guy.
I chose not to count cases of AFL intervention. Even Kelly is a stretch with his circumstances.

Colbert is probably the last high profile gun to leave because he genuinely didn't want to be here.

There was that bald guy.
PODSIADLY-James-400x421.png

Huge loss.

Cal Twomey and Riley Beverage on Gettable today said that opposition clubs are starting to resign themselves to the fact Holmes is staying - hold up seems to be deciding between a two or four year contract.

Cal Twomey and Riley Beverage on Gettable today said that opposition clubs are starting to resign themselves to the fact Holmes is staying - hold up seems to be deciding between a two or four year contract.
My main takeaway from that was those two blokes desperately need to find new barbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would physically throw the phone against a wall if offered that
That's great and all but make me a case for why he should be worth any more than that? At the moment he's excelled on the wing and at half back but yet to show he can make the grade as a permanent on baller.

Thats about the going rate for high end line flankers who are OOC.

If he starts dominating as a pure on baller later this year then obviously his value would go up.

That's great and all but make me a case for why he should be worth any more than that? At the moment he's excelled on the wing and at half back but yet to show he can make the grade as a permanent on baller.

Thats about the going rate for high end line flankers who are OOC.

If he starts dominating as a pure on baller later this year then obviously his value would go up.
He's not a flanker long term. A club trading him in as one would be within their rights to price him at that but if they are they don't know what they're trading for and aren't valuing him as highly as Geelong is.

Being ooc we wouldn't have a great deal of choice in the matter but I would be extremely f*ed off about it

He's not a flanker long term. A club trading him in as one would be within their rights to price him at that but if they are they don't know what they're trading for and aren't valuing him as highly as Geelong is.

Being ooc we wouldn't have a great deal of choice in the matter but I would be extremely f*ed off about it
He may not be a flanker long term but he is one at the moment.

What do you think he's worth on the market OOC?

If we're going off projected upside why did Geelong refuse to pay what Collingwood was asking for Ollie Henry?

My main takeaway from that was those two blokes desperately need to find new barbers.
I can't stand to watch either of them on camera. They just project this image of need who tried to be cool and adopt the hipster look but could never fully commit and end up in a weird hybrid middle ground.

He may not be a flanker long term but he is one at the moment.

What do you think he's worth on the market OOC?

If we're going off projected upside why did Geelong refuse to pay what Collingwood was asking for Ollie Henry?

Holmes already takes midfield rotations and when he does he's been great, he just has to pick his battles because he hasn't developed the upper body strength yet. So I don't think it's correct at all to say he's just a flanker right now.

His worth would be a lot more than we'd get. I'm not saying you're wrong on the valuation, just that I'd be angry enough to slash the oppo recruiters tires and egg his house.

And Holmes is playing every game available and has been since maybe round 5 of his first season. The coaches have been waking the walk in developing him for the midfield role they've flagged. I feel like that's a long way from being stuck in the 2s behind Ash Johnson.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I would be angry. It's like trading out Will Day as a general defender the year before he starts playing in the midfield.

Holmes already takes midfield rotations and when he does he's been great, he just has to pick his battles because he hasn't developed the upper body strength yet. So I don't think it's correct at all to say he's just a flanker right now.

His worth would be a lot more than we'd get. I'm not saying you're wrong on the valuation, just that I'd be angry enough to slash the oppo recruiters tires and egg his house.

And Holmes is playing every game available and has been since maybe round 5 of his first season. The coaches have been waking the walk in developing him for the midfield role they've flagged. I feel like that's a long way from being stuck in the 2s behind Ash Johnson.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I would be angry. It's like trading out Will Day as a general defender the year before he starts playing in the midfield.
So you'd be expecting a top 5 pick for a half back who pinch hits on ball a few times a quarter?

Don't get me wrong, Holmes has some amazing traits as a player but sometimes those shifts in roles don't work out. Andy McGrath playing tonight excelled having stints on ball after playing primarily half back early days and now he's back to playing as a very good half backer after they realized he just wasn't suited to being a full time mid.

Holmes is what he is for the time being and would be valued as such, Adam Cerra was a much more proven midfield prospect with similar output at the same age and was traded for Pick 6.

Pick 10 is about right.

I can't stand to watch either of them on camera. They just project this image of need who tried to be cool and adopt the hipster look but could never fully commit and end up in a weird hybrid middle ground.
Yep, they're in this no mans land of trying to be cool and alternative while still having all the characteristics that made them nerds in the first place.

In fairness to them, we only ever see them in cheap suits which doesn't help.

The end result though is you're just a geek with a s**t haircut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back