Recommitted Errol Gulden [Re-Signed to 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems the typical loyal swans type of guy but will be interesting to see. He's one of the best in the league and even though he was up there in the Brownlow is still potentially underrated. Would look good in Freo colours

What did it cost the Crows to get Dawson?
Late first but crows were pushing the psd as an option and he wasn't exactly focusing on getting a great result for Sydney.

Goulden is more established than Dawson was at the time and so far hasn't shown any such inclination to leave, no matter what.

Fully expect him to be a one club player.

(No info, just opinion)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage, the Eagles would be one of the few clubs that could afford him, not 20mil but a very good deal, more than Sydney could offer. Dont think itll happen though :sweatsmile:
No doubt, Oscar Allen is the only one that deserves a good wage at the minute

I think they are about the same level. But you got ripped off on Dawson due to PSD. He was worth a top 5 pick (that Adelaide had) and a second rounder and Gulden is worth the same.

Pretty tough using a dodgy PSD trade as a model though.
Dawson the same level? Gulden was AA by 21 and come close to winning a brownlow.
Dawson was a part time reserves player at that age
We wouldn't trade him for pick 1 plus another early first

Last edited:
Dawson the same level? Gulden was AA by 21 and come close to winning a brownlow.
Dawson was a part time reserves player at that age
At the moment Dawson was traded he was an elite young midfielder worth a top 5 pick and a bit more. I do not believe under any circumstances Gulden would leave Sydney, but if he did right now I would value him at a top 5 pick and a bit more. Maybe because Gulden is younger he is worth a touch more, but it is pretty hard to get more than a top 5 pick in a trade regardless. The big difference is that Dawson could lead a midfield. Gulden simply doesn't have the physical presence to ever let me think he will.

This is all a bit silly though. I don't see Gulden going anywhere.

At the moment Dawson was traded he was an elite young midfielder worth a top 5 pick and a bit more. I do not believe under any circumstances Gulden would leave Sydney, but if he did right now I would value him at a top 5 pick and a bit more. Maybe because Gulden is younger he is worth a touch more, but it is pretty hard to get more than a top 5 pick in a trade regardless. The big difference is that Dawson could lead a midfield. Gulden simply doesn't have the physical presence to ever let me think he will.

This is all a bit silly though. I don't see Gulden going anywhere.
I think you're undervaluing him
I wouldn't trade him for your 4 best players

I think you're undervaluing him
I wouldn't trade him for your 4 best players
Maybe I am "undervaluing" him, but I am talking about what you could legitimately get in a trade if he demanded out like Dawson did. I believe the most you could get would be around pick 5 and pick 25. Which is what Adelaide should have given for Dawson.

If you really think you could get more then I accept that. But tell me which players in history have been traded for more than pick 5 and pick 25 and we will be ready to talk about what is possible. It is really hard to actually get full value in a trade (but straight up robbery like Dawson is rare).

Maybe I am "undervaluing" him, but I am talking about what you could legitimately get in a trade if he demanded out like Dawson did. I believe the most you could get would be around pick 5 and pick 25. Which is what Adelaide should have given for Dawson.

If you really think you could get more then I accept that. But tell me which players in history have been traded for more than pick 5 and pick 25 and we will be ready to talk about what is possible. It is really hard to actually get full value in a trade (but straight up robbery like Dawson is rare).
Just stop, you're not even close

I think they are about the same level. But you got ripped off on Dawson due to PSD. He was worth a top 5 pick (that Adelaide had) and a second rounder and Gulden is worth the same.

Pretty tough using a dodgy PSD trade as a model though.

I think Gulden is considerable better/more advanced than Dawson at the same age.

Two top ten picks is the minimum cost it would take in the very very unlikely event he wanted out of The Swans. NSW born and bred kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back