Recommitted Max Holmes [re-signed with Geelong through 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless, I'd say it wouldn't be a life-changing pick or two either way.

In terms of the offers they're both getting, and their comparable play, it wouldn't be anything huge.

Baz + a first round pick is too much for Holmes, likewise Holmes + a first round pick is too much for Baz. We'd be talking seconds or thirds either way.

From a Dogs POV, do you take the proven player or the Hawthorn pick?

I'd personally take the proven player especially given how poor our wings currently are.

Really? You don't think kicking it to JUH, Naughton and Darcy is going to be appealing. Hunter was pushed out due to "Oliver" like issues. Macrae hasn't played 2 games cause he was underdone and we are prioritising speed atm and Daniel is not disgruntled. Dunkley the only outlier and I don't think Smith if he does leave is on bad terms with the club. Very much overblown these issues you describe

Is MacRae still just underdone being left as sub again? And Daniel perfectly happy about being subbed out in a close game?

Something's not right between Bevo and his senior players. Should be a huge red flag for anyone thinking about moving there.

Secret sauces

The sauce I've got has told me he's about to sign on for a very lucrative contract.
Probably bad news for us in terms of salary cap squeeze but I guess you have to pay your good players what the current market dictates.

I like your boy Cadman though. Hopefully in a couple of years time he does what's expected ;)

The sauce I've got has told me he's about to sign on for a very lucrative contract.
Probably bad news for us in terms of salary cap squeeze but I guess you have to pay your good players what the current market dictates.

I like your boy Cadman though. Hopefully in a couple of years time he does what's expected ;)
I think your sauces are past their use by date ;)

young man from baccus marsh, good old country boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cap doesn't worry me. Lots of vets about retire and every CBA the cap seems to increase

To be fair, up until like the week before the GF Jez was definitely signing for gws
Anyone he believed that is seriously naive though.

If you're not signed and your season is over...there's a pretty good chance you're out the door.

I highly doubt we'd get there with Max as I reckon he'll stay, but if our season is finished and he's un-signed, I'd certainly be expecting the worst.

Could be wrong, but from memory Gaff is the only one to do it, and that one had some pretty unique circumstances driving it too.

Anyone he believed that is seriously naive though.

If you're not signed and your season is over...there's a pretty good chance you're out the door.

I highly doubt we'd get there with Max as I reckon he'll stay, but if our season is finished and he's un-signed, I'd certainly be expecting the worst.

Could be wrong, but from memory Gaff is the only one to do it, and that one had some pretty unique circumstances driving it too.
I remember being shocked by it

Is MacRae still just underdone being left as sub again? And Daniel perfectly happy about being subbed out in a close game?

Something's not right between Bevo and his senior players. Should be a huge red flag for anyone thinking about moving there.

Bevo is rebuilding. He's going the youth route because he can't see us winning a flag with the same old crop.

Not saying he's wrong but it will probably be the end of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back