Recommitted Errol Gulden [Re-Signed to 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson 6x 1.5mil
common sense ?
Ok

Jackson is paid barely more than half that.

Freo have a spare million bucks to throw around, and I like the look of Gulden for that mid to fwd connection and goal scoring from the middle.

Out of contract and we have four first round picks to play with.

Jackson is paid barely more than half that.

Freo have a spare million bucks to throw around, and I like the look of Gulden for that mid to fwd connection and goal scoring from the middle.

Out of contract and we have four first round picks to play with.
Not going to freo

Classic case of the big fish stays, but the smaller fish get squeezed out of the tank.
Sydney will rightly give Gulden a big contract to ward off other offers, but eventually that causes a cap squeeze as they have some other stars that need to be reimbursed accordingly. Eventually it's those second or third tier players that are often let go to accomodate.

Not a bad time to target a less heralded Sydney young player who might be on the cusp of becoming a gun but isn't quite as established.

Actually I reckon Hayward would fill a need at the Tiges.

Actually I reckon Hayward would fill a need at the Tiges.
I like Hayward, good player, would be best 22 for certain but I just can't see us targeting a medium forward. But good example of the type of next tier players that can get squeezed out, someone could easily offer him a few more bucks that might entice him one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for Sydney. Thankfully the academy was there to bring such a great talent into the AFL system.

I mean, Gulden was playing footy at Maroubra Saints as a kid which is in the footy heartland of..... Eastern Sydney.

So yeah. Academy kinda did its job.

Sydney Swans midfielder Errol Gulden has put pen to paper, inking a four-year extension to keep him in red and white until at least the end of 2028.

That Sydney deal would wanna be good to be turning down a guaranteed 10 years. I’m sure it will turn out fine for him at FA time if he continues to star, but that’s an insane amount of guaranteed money to turn down.
He might just like Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back