Recommitted Errol Gulden [Re-Signed to 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

Never said he didn’t, well aware of his history, just said it’s a lot of guaranteed money to turn down and can’t imagine it was an easy decision. I doubt it will matter as he’s a gun and will get big FA offers anyway.
Guaranteed money from a team that hasn't won a game

Guaranteed money from a team that hasn't won a game
Why are you so touchy about this? He’s signed with Sydney, I just said turning down a 10 year deal is backing yourself in to get a bigger deal at FA. If he continues current form, a bigger deal is coming in 4 years anyway. But if his form tapers or injury hits, then this 10 year deal would look a lot more attractive in hindsight. It’s the gamble sports players take these days, no issues with it.

Why are you so touchy about this? He’s signed with Sydney, I just said turning down a 10 year deal is backing yourself in to get a bigger deal at FA. If he continues current form, a bigger deal is coming in 4 years anyway. But if his form tapers or injury hits, then this 10 year deal would look a lot more attractive in hindsight. It’s the gamble sports players take these days, no issues with it.
I just said he might like Sydney.... the place he grew up
He would also find it hard going to a club at the bottom

So around 28 next time he comes out of contract. With free agency and Tassie coming in he's due for another big pay day. Will likely make more than what Adelaide offered in the next 10. And gets to stay home. He'll be a swan for life

So around 28 next time he comes out of contract. With free agency and Tassie coming in he's due for another big pay day. Will likely make more than what Adelaide offered in the next 10. And gets to stay home. He'll be a swan for life
We can just syphon money to his mum and his sister

I just said he might like Sydney.... the place he grew up
He would also find it hard going to a club at the bottom
Yeah, and people also like money, lots of money. Home loyalty only goes so far these days. For Gulden, home loyalty won this time, no issue with that. Ladder positions are transient, no idea why that keeps coming up.

Exactly, so can see why he turned the deal down, even though 10 years would be tempting to anyone regardless of loyalty to current club/city.

Yeah, and people also like money, lots of money. Home loyalty only goes so far these days. For Gulden, home loyalty won this time, no issue with that. Ladder positions are transient, no idea why that keeps coming up.
So North shouldn't find it hard to recruit players then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the purposes of an early warning, would it kill you to not be so touchy on everything Swanssince91 and laugh reacting to perfectly normal and reasonable posts TheGoatBaron is trolling. If you guys don’t want opposing but reasonable opinions, there is the Sydney board.

That Sydney deal would wanna be good to be turning down a guaranteed 10 years. I’m sure it will turn out fine for him at FA time if he continues to star, but that’s an insane amount of guaranteed money to turn down.

Don't blame Adelaide trying, it was a million to 1 chance though. His family and everything is in Sydney was never leaving.

Sounds like Gulden and Rowbottom left money on the table for the others, and they've all talked about taking a bit less to stick together.
Errol Gulden says Swans players have discussed sacrificing big-money offers to ensure team success

But with the likes of Logan McDonald, Will Hayward and Oli Florent coming out of contract this season and Chad Warner’s deal running out next year, keeping everyone together under the salary cap amid higher offers from elsewhere will prove to be a challenge.

"We've had little chats here and there. We all understand that you have to look after yourself to some degree as well. I think we'll all be looked after fairly when that decision comes," Gulden said.

"Everybody's in different circumstances, but at the end of the day all of us want to have team success, That's why you play footy. I want to look back and say I was able to play in premierships. To do that, sometimes you might have to sacrifice a little bit of money.

"I think looking back, if we're able to have a really successful career in terms of team success there won't be any regrets from anyone.

"We're all really close and we all have so much faith in one another and a lot of belief in what we can achieve. Despite our young age, we've all played a lot of footy together now as well. If we can keep that core group together, I think the sky's the limit for us."

Exactly. Worth a go , definitely never going to happen but we have cap space to spend why not target an ooc elite player.

Clubs are negligent if they are not trying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back