Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham

Jungle drums beating?
Never a good sign when this happens

I think Adelaide have turned his/his agents head with a big offer as we have mountains of cap room

St.Kilda will want 2 x first rounders and rightly so, I think we would give it too making sure it gets done.
2024 first will only get sucked up for Welsh f/s pick anyway

I think he likely stays at Saints but interesting this has come out considering they were so confident his re-signing was imminent

Jungle drums beating?
Never a good sign when this happens

I think Adelaide have turned his/his agents head with a big offer as we have mountains of cap room

St.Kilda will want 2 x first rounders and rightly so, I think we would give it too making sure it gets done.
2024 first will only get sucked up for Welsh f/s pick anyway

I think he likely stays at Saints but interesting this has come out considering they were so confident his re-signing was imminent

He just seems to fit St Kilda so well, I think he stays, but assuming he does become a midfielder, Adelaide should be throwing everything at him.

He just seems to fit St Kilda so well, I think he stays, but assuming he does become a midfielder, Adelaide should be throwing everything at him.
I think we will
Tim Silvers our CEO was quoted at a luncheon saying we're at the stage now where squad additions will mainly be coming from trades and FA

No doubt they will/have already put a significant offer on the table

Saints fans really rate this kid. I'm yet to see it although he is very raw. I feel he's overrated but I guess if it all clicks he could be good. Mitch Owen's is by far the best young Saint not this kid

Saints fans really rate this kid. I'm yet to see it although he is very raw. I feel he's overrated but I guess if it all clicks he could be good. Mitch Owen's is by far the best young Saint not this kid

He was the youngest player in the draft, and the youngest in the AFL last year.

Barely older than this year's draft picks.

He's a 65m kick, a good set shot, and a great mark, he's one of the best runners at the club and a great athlete

What we have not seen from him is an ability to accumulate and some composure.

I'm confident that will come, and when it does he's going to be a weapon.

He was the youngest player in the draft, and the youngest in the AFL last year.

Barely older than this year's draft picks.

He's a 65m kick, a good set shot, and a great mark, he's one of the best runners at the club and a great athlete

What we have not seen from him is an ability to accumulate and some composure.

I'm confident that will come, and when it does he's going to be a weapon.
He's got a cannon of a boot. He almost looks like he doesn't know how to use his weapons he possesses. Looks a bit uncoordinated etc. Agree with everything you said the big if is if he can get it to click or just another talented kid who has all the talent who just can't get it to click

Adelaide should offer 1st rounder and the other Crouch.
I think it’ll be our 1st this year and a future pick

Or 1st rounder + Sam Berry type

I’d pay 2 x good picks happily to get it done

We’re supposed to be into Hayward big time as a FA

I think you’ll find there’ll be no hesitation coughing up a first rounder that’ll get sucked up for Welsh as F/S

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee. Do Adelaide really want to invest big in yet another midfield-forward with dubious genuine midfield potential? They've used picks 5, 6 and 11 on Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar already.

Kid's really promising I reckon, but he looks a forward more than midfielder.

Gee. Do Adelaide really want to invest big in yet another midfield-forward with dubious genuine midfield potential? They've used picks 5, 6 and 11 on Rankine, Rachele and Pedlar already.

Kid's really promising I reckon, but he looks a forward more than midfielder.

Yep. They should only be trading for genuine mids, or drafting them.

Kid has a huge ego.

Reckon he would have his agent talking to the massive clubs so he can play in front of the big crowds.

Rumours of him being pissed at Essendon and approaching Dodo on draft night after they went with Tsatas instead of him.

I think it’ll be our 1st this year and a future pick

Or 1st rounder + Sam Berry type

I’d pay 2 x good picks happily to get it done

We’re supposed to be into Hayward big time as a FA

I think you’ll find there’ll be no hesitation coughing up a first rounder that’ll get sucked up for Welsh as F/S

I think your valuation is about right, depending on how he goes this year.

But how will Adelaide bring in Harrison Petty? I’m pretty sure Adelaide doesn’t have multiple firsts this year. Can’t see how they get both done.

Kid has a huge ego.

Reckon he would have his agent talking to the massive clubs so he can play in front of the big crowds.

Rumours of him being pissed at Essendon and approaching Dodo on draft night after they went with Tsatas instead of him.
might wanna temper that. He covers a lot of ground, but he is very anonymous in games.

I think your valuation is about right, depending on how he goes this year.

But how will Adelaide bring in Harrison Petty? I’m pretty sure Adelaide doesn’t have multiple firsts this year. Can’t see how they get both done.
Tbh most of our board don't want Petty this year as next year he will be an RFA and high end mids are an absolute must for us. I'd rather not use picks we shpuld be using on midfielders for a kpp that we shpuld be courting next year if he is still available and has not resigned or committed elsewhere.

But for a spitballing exercise, if we finish bottom 10, our 1st and the melbourne 2nd we have for phillipou would have to be a decent offer (if phillipou wants to come to adelaide in the first place).

Then IF Petty was still being sought, it would have to involve our f1 and something else..maybe a player or we trade out a player for a pick???

I could certainly be wrong and hope I am but I just get the feeling that he might be one of those players that has all the attributes of star but we’re always waiting for him to reach that potential.

I’m aware he’s only played 30 odd games, it’s more a prediction. He hasn’t really had any standout performances so far.

Tbh most of our board don't want Petty this year as next year he will be an RFA and high end mids are an absolute must for us. I'd rather not use picks we shpuld be using on midfielders for a kpp that we shpuld be courting next year if he is still available and has not resigned or committed elsewhere.

But for a spitballing exercise, if we finish bottom 10, our 1st and the melbourne 2nd we have for phillipou would have to be a decent offer (if phillipou wants to come to adelaide in the first place).

Then IF Petty was still being sought, it would have to involve our f1 and something else..maybe a player or we trade out a player for a pick???
Waiting to get Petty for nothing but cap room is a risk, but probably a better option. I’m not sure whats the go with Brayshaw’s outstanding contract, but Melbourne may have some cash to spend (which is hard to believe given their midfield)

I agree that the Crow badly need a decent mid or two. So I’m not sure if Phillipou 100% fits the number priority, but he has high potential.

One thing for sure, a Crows team with Phillipou and Petty would be stronger.

I could certainly be wrong and hope I am but I just get the feeling that he might be one of those players that has all the attributes of star but we’re always waiting for him to reach that potential.

I’m aware he’s only played 30 odd games, it’s more a prediction. He hasn’t really had any standout performances so far.
Yeah I do agree with some of what you say.

His standout performance was probably the 3 goals vs the dogs. Low possession but high impact.

I actually liked his game on the weekend, good hands, broke tackles, took some marks.

But most of his games his really shown glimpses. Takes a good mark, scores a good goal. Not really broken a game apart.

Good thing he’s only 19 and played like every game since coming in. And apparently is very dedicated to getting the best out of himself.

But I look at his draft class and all are having similar years. Hollands, ginbey, Clark, humpries, mckenzie.etc

Wardlaw and sheezel playing very well tho

Remove this Banner Ad

Back