ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that was bad. Poor guy. He was absolutely right in that match too.

Was winning it to be honest. I know Rafa was “ahead” but he was in trouble

Sabalenka wow. Scary. Best player in the world this year for sure. It’s awesome that she’s backing up the AO title so well, when many fall away after that initial breakthrough. Guess it shows she’s matured and achieved success at the right time when she was ready, unlike some others.

Sabalenka wow. Scary. Best player in the world this year for sure. It’s awesome that she’s backing up the AO title so well, when many fall away after that initial breakthrough. Guess it shows she’s matured and achieved success at the right time when she was ready, unlike some others.

Her or Rybakina there’s not much between the two.

Oh man Potapova. Oh dear. 40-15 with 2 match points on serve at 5-4 third set, broken. Serving for the match again at 6-5, broken.

Loses the TB 7-2.

She’s really got to get stronger mentally, it’s really hurting her in big matches. Losing twice to Pegula in a fortnight when really she could have, and possibly should have, won both of them. Great talent, really developing, but the mental side of things is going to continue to let her down. She went ultra passive at the end, stopped going for anything.

Can someone please explain to me how Alcaraz is actually going to lose a tennis match this season? I’m not counting his one loss as he was injured and literally couldn’t move. He is an absolute freak.

The commentators mentioned his high unforced error count today (23 IIRC). However, what does it even matter? He is so aggressive and just goes for it. But he hits winners and defends like a maniac. Incredible court speed, makes you hit uncomfortable shots, his with depth, can turn on the power even from out of position, and his drop shot is otherworldly. He is going to dominate this sport and obliterate the opposition for at least 10 years. Tommy Paul wasn’t even bad today and got done 6-4, 6-4. Only hit like 8 winners but that wasn’t because he wasn’t hitting well, it’s just because you can’t hit through Alcaraz.

Sinner is probably my only hope moving forward. He can actually no stay with him in rallies, and can hit through him. But mentally is where I think is his undoing. He was great today against Rublev, as he continues to add variety with some dropshots and net play. It‘s clear Cahill is trying to work on his all-around game to make him more complete. They look destined to meet again in the SF.

Can someone please explain to me how Alcaraz is actually going to lose a tennis match this season? I’m not counting his one loss as he was injured and literally couldn’t move. He is an absolute freak.

The commentators mentioned his high unforced error count today (23 IIRC). However, what does it even matter? He is so aggressive and just goes for it. But he hits winners and defends like a maniac. Incredible court speed, makes you hit uncomfortable shots, his with depth, can turn on the power even from out of position, and his drop shot is otherworldly. He is going to dominate this sport and obliterate the opposition for at least 10 years. Tommy Paul wasn’t even bad today and got done 6-4, 6-4. Only hit like 8 winners but that wasn’t because he wasn’t hitting well, it’s just because you can’t hit through Alcaraz.

Sinner is probably my only hope moving forward. He can actually no stay with him in rallies, and can hit through him. But mentally is where I think is his undoing. He was great today against Rublev, as he continues to add variety with some dropshots and net play. It‘s clear Cahill is trying to work on his all-around game to make him more complete. They look destined to meet again in the SF.
Spot on.
Just cannot see how the current gen can get through him, when he’s already better then all of them 5-8 years younger. Really want to see a Novak Alcaraz US Open final. But their weird border control will * that up.
Nadal Alcaraz French Open would be incredible to watch.

The only issue is probably grass. Alcaraz can’t play the same style and expect to defend. He may get undone for the bounce and change of pace. But still would beat the best and perhaps get through to the semi finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just seen the results this morning. Cirstea beats Sabalenka in straight sets! Will have to go back and watch this one.
Just finished watching. Wow indeed. Cirstea played great, returned aggressive, served great, she really is playing the best tennis of her career. Johansson has made a major difference to her game. She was initially a ball basher, then a borderline pusher, now she’s finally got the balance right.

About to start Sinner.

It’s currently raining in Miami, not sure if we’ll get through the remaining 2 QF’s. If so, could be a late night over there!

Ive fallen way behind in the matches, i enjoy Miami so i try to watch as much matches of it as i can but RL is way to busy, so ill prob skip forward to the quarters.

From what i watched of the early rounds, its sad that Thiem seems to no longer have the heart to get back towards the top of tennis again

That is a big rap on the kid.

geech, the first time he plays Nadal/Nole in a GS will be epic.

I‘m actually having a hard time believing what I’m seeing with Alcaraz. He is an absolute freak. Fritz played a great set of tennis in the first set, 15 winners to 13 unforced errors, and he still lost it. He was pounding the ball, playing as aggressively as you can, and still lost. What more can you do?

Offensively he has a crazy amount of fire power, off both wings. And that’s partially why his drop shot is so effective, because he constantly pushes you back and then pulls out the drop shot with perfect disguise and execution. I’m confused as to how anyone can beat him, I’m dead serious.

Hitting hard, deep and flat and doing it consistently is the only way to trouble him. I guess thats why Sinner can cause him some distress.

I‘m actually having a hard time believing what I’m seeing with Alcaraz. He is an absolute freak. Fritz played a great set of tennis in the first set, 15 winners to 13 unforced errors, and he still lost it. He was pounding the ball, playing as aggressively as you can, and still lost. What more can you do?

Offensively he has a crazy amount of fire power, off both wings. And that’s partially why his drop shot is so effective, because he constantly pushes you back and then pulls out the drop shot with perfect disguise and execution. I’m confused as to how anyone can beat him, I’m dead serious.

Hitting hard, deep and flat and doing it consistently is the only way to trouble him. I guess thats why Sinner can cause him some distress.
Think someone like Kyrgios would be ideal. Disruptive, doesn’t like long rallies and goes for winners. Also have to be a strong server to win easy points.
Fritz has power, yes, but no control/placement to trouble along with it.

Think someone like Kyrgios would be ideal. Disruptive, doesn’t like long rallies and goes for winners. Also have to be a strong server to win easy points.
Fritz has power, yes, but no control/placement to trouble along with it.

You need variety to beat him, not give him the same ball and you HAVE to take your chances in his serve which is still somewhat inconsistent (it’s the one area he’s like to improve)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back