ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Madrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Alcaraz obliterated Zverev. I guess I know how Taro Daniel destroyed him in Miami, that was just woeful from Sacha. Lifeless, error prone, just never looked likely. Sad. I know it’s only been a couple of months, but you have to wonder if he’ll ever get back to where he was pre-injury. That might seem like an overreaction, but when you look at Thiem and his struggles, you have to think there’s a chance.

Look at these men’s QF’s:

Alcaraz vs Khachanov
Altmaier vs Coric
Struff vs Tsitsipas
Zhang vs Karatsev

Some laughable names in there. Of course ADF blew a break lead at 4-3 in the 3rd set and blew a prime opportunity for SF points. So much talent and so little mental toughness.

Tsisipas and Alcatraz final will be good

I’m enjoying the women’s more
We saw what happened in Barcelona, another final between them would be just as lopsided. I’d like to see Karatsev, at least at his absolute best he could make things interesting.

Agree though, women’s been far more entertaining. Feel like while people bag Djokovic and to a lesser extent Nadal, the tour desperately needs them. I’m finding the women’s tour a lot more exciting, and it’s nice to see Swiatek and Sabalenka have that consistency.

We saw what happened in Barcelona, another final between them would be just as lopsided. I’d like to see Karatsev, at least at his absolute best he could make things interesting.

Agree though, women’s been far more entertaining. Feel like while people bag Djokovic and to a lesser extent Nadal, the tour desperately needs them. I’m finding the women’s tour a lot more exciting, and it’s nice to see Swiatek and Sabalenka have that consistency.

Yep not helped by Zverev being half fit as expected. Give Tsisipas a chance but he needs to serve better than he did in Barca you serve under 50% you are losing.

Semi Final Sakkari to get flogged as usual in a semi. Iga was very shaky in the last two rounds

Yep not helped by Zverev being half fit as expected. Give Tsisipas a chance but he needs to serve better than he did in Barca you serve under 50% you are losing.

Semi Final Sakkari to get flogged as usual in a semi. Iga was very shaky in the last two rounds
Really looking forward to Pegula/Kudermetova. The rallies and quality of hitting will be excellent. You’re right about Swiatek, doesn’t like the altitude I don’t think. Martic is tricky but probably won’t have enough near enough firepower to do any real damage.

Really looking forward to Pegula/Kudermetova. The rallies and quality of hitting will be excellent. You’re right about Swiatek, doesn’t like the altitude I don’t think. Martic is tricky but probably won’t have enough near enough firepower to do any real damage.

I normally would NEVER tip Kuder or Pegula to beat Iga but something about Iga isn’t right now she may just turn it on and she can but no way right now would I tip her easily

First set Kudermetova, some outstanding winners both wings. Playing really well. Of course some dumb mistakes, and easy errors, but nice to see her hitting with some confidence. Still wouldn’t put money on her winning.

First set Kudermetova, some outstanding winners both wings. Playing really well. Of course some dumb mistakes, and easy errors, but nice to see her hitting with some confidence. Still wouldn’t put money on her winning.

Weird match lots of breaks of serve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Alcaraz won in straights despite playing terribly for most of the second set. 6-4, 7-5. The drop shot is out of control, so many winners off it. I’ll be honest, he annoys me. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate his incredible talent and he is very watchable. However, I just can’t really warm to him. I’m going to hope Sinner and even Rune take it right up to him and beat him on some occasions over the next decade. However, after these guys, I’m not sure who is coming up that will pose a challenge. Medvedev on hardcourt for the next five or so years probably, Tsitsipas on clay if he plays his very best, but otherwise who?

Cant help but feel it’s going to be a decade long solo domination.

Well, Alcaraz won in straights despite playing terribly for most of the second set. 6-4, 7-5. The drop shot is out of control, so many winners off it. I’ll be honest, he annoys me. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate his incredible talent and he is very watchable. However, I just can’t really warm to him. I’m going to hope Sinner and even Rune take it right up to him and beat him on some occasions over the next decade. However, after these guys, I’m not sure who is coming up that will pose a challenge. Medvedev on hardcourt for the next five or so years probably, Tsitsipas on clay if he plays his very best, but otherwise who?

Cant help but feel it’s going to be a decade long solo domination.

There’s quite a few I’ll nominate Korda on a hard and grass

Good shout, I like that. Kinda forgot about him after being absent for almost 4 months.

Just came back he’s a huge danger to Novak on grass

US lifted the vax rules today too so Novak won’t miss anything else

Been an interesting tournament I'm just catching up on the tsitsipas and swiatek semis atm. The womens has been far more interesting tournament.

Have to agree what someone wrote at the start of this thread, Andreeva is one to watch.

My winners for the tournament are easy to pick Alcaraz and Swiatek. Sabalenka will push Swiatek to 3 at least

On Alcaraz dominating for a decade I reckon someone will come through and challenge him. Can't see him getting into the 20s for grand slam wins like the big 3 got

Oh good Tsits lost.
What a match! Probably the best quality I’ve seen on the men’s side in Madrid. Super impressive from Struff.

Just can’t get a read on Tsitsipas and what his outlook is. Surely he’s got a slam in him? But his ROS is weak, his BH can be targeted, and he can’t seem to mentally deliver come crunch time of tournaments.

Struff vs Karatsev SF, these two met in qualifying!! Unbelievable. Both deserve it though, such great tennis from both.

Karatsev was injured, shame, as I think he could’ve challenged Alcaraz. Outstanding week for Struff and his best is really good as we’ve seen here, but I just can’t see him getting close in the final.

Women’s final tonight, Swiatek vs Sabalenka for the second tournament in a row. Who’s everyone got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back