ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinner takes the set, and an early break in set 3. Hurkacz looks cooked. Has played 2 marathon matches before this one.

Berrettini withdrawals due to an oblique injury, meaning Rune gets the walkover into the quarter-finals. Poor Matteo can‘t catch a break.

Sinner takes the set, and an early break in set 3. Hurkacz looks cooked. Has played 2 marathon matches before this one.

Berrettini withdrawals due to an oblique injury, meaning Rune gets the walkover into the quarter-finals. Poor Matteo can‘t catch a break.

Berrettini is dare I say it, soft.

All very straight forward matches last night.

What a great result for Rune who appears completely at home on the clay. Although finishing at 11pm the night prior probably didn’t give Medvedev the best preparation.

Anyone see the handshake between Med and Zverev the other day? Cold as ice.

And some of their comments in the press conferences have been wow.

Already can’t wait for their next match, where no doubt Sacha will choke again.

I'd love to see Sinner win a masters tournament, quality young player always has classics Vs Alcaraz but has never cracked it for a big tournament win.

What a win for Rune, wow. He tops Sinner 1-6, 7-5, 7-5. Starting to see a bit of a trend with Jannik in his inability to close out big matches. Still very young and there have been instances where players have turned that aspect around, but generally you have it or you don’t. Needs to get better at handling his nerves. Been a great year for him, developing very quickly, but the finishing persists.

In the other SF Rublev beat Fritz in 3. Rublev a bit up and down this year but he has posted several strong results. Both players on the verge of their first Masters 1000 title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've warmed to Rublev lately - been watching some off-court content from him and he's a likeable personality.

Rune should win but you just never know, especially with Rublev as his opponent.
He is hilarious!! Genuinely funny guy and comes across as really likeable! He‘d be a lot of fun to hang out with.

As for the match, really up and down. So many twists and turns. Rublev stayed a little more consistent throughout. Rune is incredibly talented, love his aggression and his fire, but just needs to develop a little more consistency, and needs to stay calm. His fitness again looked to be an issue late.

2nd time in 3 months Rublev has come back from the dead vs Rune.
Rune lost it for himself, a complete lack of composure. Smacked two balls in a row out of the complex, lucky the umpire only awarded one ball abuse. But I guess you get that with Rune, he plays with fire and more often than not works for him.

Rune lost it for himself, a complete lack of composure. Smacked two balls in a row out of the complex, lucky the umpire only awarded one ball abuse. But I guess you get that with Rune, he plays with fire and more often than not works for him.
He need to be quick to stamp that out. Players are going to test him. Shouldn’t have loss at Monte Carlo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back