Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did the initial report turn out to be a fake? Seems to be all over Barca news outlets?

We have a better chance this time but City will probably get him. Also, looks like Rabiot will extend at Juve.

Just going off last year when we wasted the entire summer chasing FDJ. I can’t see this being anything other than a waste of time again. We do love a transfer saga though. 😂

Just going off last year when we wasted the entire summer chasing FDJ. I can’t see this being anything other than a waste of time again. We do love a transfer saga though. 😂

Yeh, fair call. Fingers crossed we can pull it off this time as he would fit in our midfield perfectly.

Also, Pre-Q3 earnings report/AGM in New York this week. Could finally get an announcement on the sale.

Yeh, fair call. Fingers crossed we can pull it off this time as he would fit in our midfield perfectly.

Also, Pre-Q3 earnings report/AGM in New York this week. Could finally get an announcement on the sale.

I hope it happens very soon. The sale has dragged on and on and is preventing the club from signing anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a good WC and a good club season too so hence, why more people were open to wanting him this time around.

That’s fair enough. I cant say I have paid attention to Juventus this season.

Coming off a very decent 12 months, free, ETH wanted him before, would improve our midfield. All very good reasons to make a play.

I hope it happens very soon. The sale has dragged on and on and is preventing the club from signing anyone.

Not sure about that. I tend to think the incompetence of the people working at the club is a far bigger issue than the ownership.

The Mount situation, for example, has nothing to do with the ownership of the club.

Not sure about that. I tend to think the incompetence of the people working at the club is a far bigger issue than the ownership.

The Mount situation, for example, has nothing to do with the ownership of the club.

My thinking is where is the money coming from if the club couldn’t make signings in January? The Glazers won’t make signings as they don’t need to pour that money into the club as they are selling and Ineos/Qatar won’t open their respective wallets because neither of them know if they will be the new owners.

My thinking is where is the money coming from if the club couldn’t make signings in January? The Glazers won’t make signings as they don’t need to pour that money into the club as they are selling and Ineos/Qatar won’t open their respective wallets because neither of them know if they will be the new owners.

Two things here.

1) There will be some money available. The Glazers haven't run out of money. We will buy players regardless of who the owner is.
This will be supplemented by whatever we raise through player sales.

2) Even if the club is sold today we won't all of a sudden have a massive transfer budget. There's a long process to go through between announcing the winning bid and actual handover of the club.

Our budget was 100m coming into this market and then whatever sales are.

FWIW I had read from solid enough sources that if Jassim wins the bid it would allow us straight away another 50m on the budget as he is getting rid of the debt in full, it wouldn't be the case if Jimmy wins.

Our budget was 100m coming into this market and then whatever sales are.

FWIW I had read from solid enough sources that if Jassim wins the bid it would allow us straight away another 50m on the budget as he is getting rid of the debt in full, it wouldn't be the case if Jimmy wins.

I read a while ago on RedCafe that our budget is £100m but something like if we made a player transfer totalling £20m, it would open up an extra £100m to spend. I don’t know how exactly that works but it’s what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back