Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Timmy English, like the reverse Jake Stringer: he's turned into toilet but contract year.
Game on the line and he has one "Carlton Draught" in the last quarter against the Bombers, disgusting. If I was him I'd sign up whatever he's being offered now.

Also I'm hearing Rory Lobb has 2 years of 500,000 a year contract? What a legend. Apparently he will ask for trade but why? He should take the contract and eat pies and donuts all day for the next two year, just like what Dayne Beam did.

Timmy English, like the reverse Jake Stringer: he's turned into toilet but contract year.
Game on the line and he has one "Carlton Draught" in the last quarter against the Bombers, disgusting. If I was him I'd sign up whatever he's being offered now.

Also I'm hearing Rory Lobb has 2 years of 500,000 a year contract? What a legend. Apparently he will ask for trade but why? He should take the contract and eat pies and donuts all day for the next two year, just like what Dayne Beam did.
I think Lobb is out of contract at the end of 2025, but I can't find anything that's concrete on it.

Every chance he ends up at either your mob or St Kilda in 2025.

I think Lobb is out of contract at the end of 2025, but I can't find anything that's concrete on it.

Every chance he ends up at either your mob or St Kilda in 2025
I ******* hate Lobb, would hate to see him at the Dees.

But also lmao he would probably be an upgrade on what we currently have. Grim!

Hopefully Petty can stop crying and learn to football again, JvR has shown a lot but stagnated for a while. Two talls is enough IMO.

I ******* hate Lobb, would hate to see him at the Dees.

But also lmao he would probably be an upgrade on what we currently have. Grim!

Hopefully Petty can stop crying and learn to football again, JvR has shown a lot but stagnated for a while. Two talls is enough IMO.
I've always maintained that the Dogs should of gone for Grundy and Melbourne for Lobb.

Fixed your Fwd/ruck issues after Jackson
Would fix our number 1 ruck problem because English is about as good as a wet noodle.

West Coast have cash to burn and will still offer English a million - Dogs won't match and take the 1st round compo and offload Lobb and maybe pay some of his salary and get a young or vet ruckman to work in tandem with Darcy (who has exceeded everyone's expectations in term of ability and development)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast have cash to burn and will still offer English a million - Dogs won't match and take the 1st round compo and offload Lobb and maybe pay some of his salary and get a young or vet ruckman to work in tandem with Darcy (who has exceeded everyone's expectations in term of ability and development)

I feel like if English goes Lobb stays. It might even work out for the better. Rucks can stop having career best games against us.

Looks to be Dimma mark 2 - lost some of the senior players who have no motivation and are sick of the same old message and unhappy with non-selection

Dogs have some big calls on make on English (especially if WCE offer him a million), Daniel, Macrae, Lobb, Smith and have no first round pick this year (mind you if they don't match what WCE offer English they'll probably get one)

Bevo could take a payout - a year off then be the first Tassie coach (if it isn't Tassie football HOF Fages)
First Tasmanian coach will be Tasmanian.

I feel like if English goes Lobb stays. It might even work out for the better. Rucks can stop having career best games against us.
The Doggies just need a lump of a man like Nankervis or Darcy in there. The "extra midfielder" thing is nice on paper but the generic stuff a competent big man brings are important.

Geelong only made it work with Stanley because we also had Blicavs, and even then ruck was mostly a weakness holding our good midfields back.

Doesn't it get to the stage where this is becoming completely over the top now?

A team that finished 9th last year is 2-3 and its the lead story of every football show since Friday. Even when they lost to Geelong by a kick many shows were really cherry picking why they lost.

SEN this morning was still rehashing the exact the same things that have been spoken about all week.

I think its completely disproportional now.

They go into a game without Jamarra and Libba which i cant see them winning, and it will start all over again next week.

Doesn't it get to the stage where this is becoming completely over the top now?

A team that finished 9th last year is 2-3 and its the lead story of every football show since Friday. Even when they lost to Geelong by a kick many shows were really cherry picking why they lost.

SEN this morning was still rehashing the exact the same things that have been spoken about all week.

I think its completely disproportional now.

They go into a game without Jamarra and Libba which i cant see them winning, and it will start all over again next week.
Its fair. They havnt really explained the direction of the club in any way.

Is it a rebuild?
If it is a rebuild, why sub Sanders, why trade in Harmes?
If you tell Daniels he isnt playing HBF in the AFL why play him at HBF in the VFL?

More to all of this then meets the eye so questions are being asked. In all reality I think they have absolutely cooked the salary cap and all these choices being made are around rescuing the cap from the debacle it is in. Now the AFL media just need to get them to admit it

Is it a rebuild?
If you tell Daniels he isnt playing HBF in the AFL why play him at HBF in the VFL?

More to all of this then meets the eye so questions are being asked. In all reality I think they have absolutely cooked the salary cap and all these choices being made are around rescuing the cap from the debacle it is in. Now the AFL media just need to get them to admit it

Do they really need to explain? No one said it was ever a rebuild.

Surely we aren't losing our s**t about a 5 game player getting subbed? Joel Selwood spoke well last night about why young players are subbed early on in their career.

Who said Daniel wont play HBF again? This was just what a media person said last night. Who said that's real?

Its crazy s**t. Even the fact that you are rehashing the exact talking points that have been spoken about all week says something.

That ship has sailed apparently. Even West Coast don't want him now, shows how well he's going atm.

That ship has sailed apparently. Even West Coast don't want him now, shows how well he's going atm.
i think his stock fell a bit after the essendon game, i haven't caught much of their games this year but i can't recall much fanfare about his performances, i think his strengths are his ability to get around the ground in good positions, but if the rest of the team can't play to that he'll lose to most reasonably decent ruckman in the long con

i think his stock fell a bit after the essendon game, i haven't caught much of their games this year but i can't recall much fanfare about his performances, i think his strengths are his ability to get around the ground in good positions, but if the rest of the team can't play to that he'll lose to most reasonably decent ruckman in the long con
He's been struggling for a while, never been great with tap work, but that Essendon game stood out because he got rinsed by a 50 year old Todd Goldstein.

Is it a rebuild?

I wouldn't say it's a rebuild. Bevo has decided outside speed is the way the games heading and has adjusted the team around that.

It just hasn't worked because the guys with pace in our team aren't very good and the slower guys with skills are better on paper and in practice so it all looks a bit stupid.

The stupid selection decisions have been happening for years at the Dogs it's only recently that the media have picked up on it. I'd be very happy to see Bevo go and was disappointed he stuck around last year.

Back