Coach Alastair Clarkson - where is the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor performance by North today but to be fair, they were up against a high quality outfit.
Big game next week against Hawthorn who are ripe for the picking.

the North team he took over was terrible, this is no short term fix

Anyone who puts pressure on Clarko until 2026 is either a Clarko hater or clueless
Melbourne in 2013 were just as bad, and in 2014 they were already showing signs of turning it around.
North look no better than they did last year, and the media won't criticise Clarkson because of the protection racket.

I said it at the time that 5 years was far too long.

North have chosen their man and they have to back him in, regardless of the results.

He may well prove me wrong but every great coach has an expiry date (Malthouse, Blight, Pagan etc.) and I reckon Clarko’s past his.

This might have worked if it was a Roos at the Dees type deal but I can’t see Clarko taking them all the way to the top.

1 million plus a year for what exactly?

Keeps hiding Sheezel in the backline while he is getting tagged by Finn.

Throws the only player having a positional win outside of Xerri in Comben up forward to do zilch?

North have chosen their man and they have to back him in, regardless of the results.

He may well prove me wrong but every great coach has an expiry date (Malthouse, Blight, Pagan etc.) and I reckon Clarko’s past his.

This might have worked if it was a Roos at the Dees type deal but I can’t see Clarko taking them all the way to the top.
Feels a lot like Pagan at Carlton so far, who coincidentally was also signed up on a 5 year deal.

Clarkson was done and dusted by his time at hawthorn, post 2018 he made terrible decisions weekly.

The team is garbage but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team coached to be a bunch of complete one way runners like this team.

They try and play footy like they are the Giants with Sam Taylor back down there holding the fort.

It’s absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really have to be careful and show something.

It won't be long before it's a conga line of departures rivaling the expansion clubs, with LDU at the front of the line.

1 million plus a year for what exactly?

Keeps hiding Sheezel in the backline while he is getting tagged by Finn.

Throws the only player having a positional win outside of Xerri in Comben up forward to do zilch?
They were 6 goals down at half time....they needed to change something up to try to win, not to 'save the game'.

I didn't think it was a bad move at all, at least in theory. Larkey gets horribly swamped at the sole KPF target, and he got off the chain a bit more in the second half with Comben providing another focal point down there.

Hawthorn have a significantly better list, so it's hardly apples v apples.
Hawks fans have been told for the last 3+ years that North have a better list than ours.

I don't think anyone is predicting North or us getting out of the bottom 2. North though have problems on every line particularly defence. Not sure any coach could do much better with that list.
North aren't showing any progress though, and it's a concern because people expected them to improve this year given the amount of high draft picks they have on their list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back