Coach Alastair Clarkson - where is the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Surely the heat has to be coming for Clarkson after North's inept start to the season.
I know people will say Rome wasn't built in a day but North under Clarkson have shown no signs of improvement.
North looked better under Ratten and there's only so long they can keep dishing up these inept performances before their supporters have well and truly had enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Clarkson, what can you do with a midfield of kids (even if talented) and THAT backline. I just don’t understand the logic behind almost entirely avoiding spending any decent pick or KPPs through this entire rebuild. Even two of the ones they traded in (Corr and Logue) they didn’t spend any actual draft capital on.

Like, Freo has Davies, Murphy and Draper as KPDs to develop AND picked up McDonald (RIP his season) to back up Cox, Pearce and to a lesser extent, Ryan.

The list management has been atrocious IMO

Even Roosy 2nd year at the helm with Melbourne was far better then the rubbish that Norf continue to dish up. We won 8 games for thr yesr and were far more competitive against top 8 sides.

Bit like Malthouse at Carlton, only took the job to because of his inflated ego and willingness to prove Hawthorn wrong instead of taking the job for the right reason.

Mick was say and wanted to prove a point to Collingwood and it back fired fairly quickly. Can't see the roos sacking Clarko but there's been zero improvement from last year.

To be fair to Clarkson, what can you do with a midfield of kids (even if talented) and THAT backline. I just don’t understand the logic behind almost entirely avoiding spending any decent pick or KPPs through this entire rebuild. Even two of the ones they traded in (Corr and Logue) they didn’t spend any actual draft capital on.

I guess that is what happens when you appoint a stats guy as your list manager who drafts based on supercoach points.

If the North players got their backs up when Noble threw the toys out of the cot then I hate to see their reaction when Clarkson lets loose.
I'm surprised Clarkson's nice guy persona at North has lasted as long as it has.
Not long now until the mask falls off, and North players get to see the real Clarkson.

I don't like him at all but sacking another coach would be disastrous for the club. $5 million over 5 years heck me

Like, Freo has Davies, Murphy and Draper as KPDs to develop AND picked up McDonald (RIP his season) to back up Cox, Pearce and to a lesser extent, Ryan.

The list management has been atrocious IMO
Their own doing. Let go of their only key back as they knew they'd get a top 3 pick. Also have drafted only mids and a 3rd tall with top picks.

Surely the heat has to be coming for Clarkson after North's inept start to the season.
I know people will say Rome wasn't built in a day but North under Clarkson have shown no signs of improvement.
North looked better under Ratten and there's only so long they can keep dishing up these inept performances before their supporters have well and truly had enough.

tanking?

Said it on the Carlton site. Watched him during the Good Friday game.

I don't think he'll see out his contract and wouldn't surprise if he pulls the pin at the end of this year.

You can see it in his eyes - the spark is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back