Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure on Bevo, but you have to be realistic, it’s an even comp and middleish teams will lose in upsets. Their form before last night was ok.
People keep talking up their list, but it does have its holes, backline, classy flankers, only one decent small forward.

Say what you want about Ross, but this lot would be markedly better under his tutelage. The Bulldogs under Bevo have always lacked proper structure and discipline, which is obviously a coaching issue. At this point, it's worth taking a punt on just about anyone.
Do you think Bulldogs and Port could swap coaches?
Beveridge and Hinkley are both coming out of contract next year and both clubs are stale under their current coaches.

I don't feel sorry for the dogs. They got gifted Ugle-hagan under the unfair rules that were immediately changed afterwards because even the AFL knew it was grossly unfair to gift a top 8 team the number 1 draft pick. if they can't be top 4 or win a flag with Ugle-hagan and 3 father-sons in their best 22 then something isn't right. Time for Bevo to go.

Do you think Bulldogs and Port could swap coaches?
Beveridge and Hinkley are both coming out of contract next year and both clubs are stale under their current coaches.

Many Port fans seem obsessed with the idea of getting a Preniership coach, so I've heard crazier ideas for sure.
Bev has the flag but Hinkley just seems a better coach.

Many Port fans seem obsessed with the idea of getting a Preniership coach, so I've heard crazier ideas for sure.
On the rumours thread there was talk of Freo chasing Bevo.
Right now Longmuir is coaching better than Bevo so I'm not sure (if it was valid) it still is true

Bevo is an utter disgrace, not sure how anyone can defend the man. Has gone mad trying to be different.

Has subbed or had sub critical, performing players all year. Loss to the Dons is the cherry on top, how can anyone justify his decisions now when they've lost to that rabble.
He has achieved more than any other coach in their history. A flag and a grand final. I believe this has played a significant role as to why he has lasted this long, when he probably shouldn't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs could use a breath of fresh air in the coaches box, just look at Beveridge last night in the box and how sweaty he was.
Bev has the flag but Hinkley just seems a better coach.
Beveridge pulled Hinkley's pants down in the 2021 preliminary final.
Hinkley would be great for the Dogs.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bulldogs playing group could really benefit from having a father figure as their coach.

Dead man walking - thank god.

He’s prehistoric - his hair, his communication skills and his coaching.

Beveridge was great through 2015 and 2016. The first two years were a great journey for Dogs fans who endured the struggles under McCartney.

Since the Grand Final win, the magic with Beveridge hasn't been there or it's been fleeting at best.

I think a refresh rather than a rebuild is due. I could see them having a renaissance similar to Collingwood under McRae and GWS under Kingsley if they find the right replacement.

Terrible coach, if not for the 2016 flag he would have been sacked about 5 years ago. The 2016 premiership has given him so much armour to hide behind . Realistically how much of 2016 was Bevo? They finish 7th in the home and away, they played some great finals , got very lucky with umpiring in the grand final . Any side can go on a run of 3-4 good wins especially with a talented playing list hungry for a flag , doesn't make Bevo a genius .

Terrible coach, if not for the 2016 flag he would have been sacked about 5 years ago. The 2016 premiership has given him so much armour to hide behind . Realistically how much of 2016 was Bevo? They finish 7th in the home and away, they played some great finals , got very lucky with umpiring in the grand final . Any side can go on a run of 3-4 good wins especially with a talented playing list hungry for a flag , doesn't make Bevo a genius .
Very, very, very lucky. 😆

He was the right person at the right time. Arguably 3rd best team in the home and away season, only fell away due to mass injuries, truly only Sydney and Geelong above us.

People make our like our best players were all the young guys, we still miss our veterans like Wood Boyd Morris Picken and players arguably at their peak like Stringer Roughead and Dahlhaus to this day.

Back