List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele.

We are in the market for a small forward and Pickett is just a dream ie. not happening.

Crows supporters on their board would trade him in a minute. Would be an upgrade on all of our smalls including Rioli in current form.

Crows possibly too invested to trade him but I’d enquire.

Forward pockets are the cream of a team. Not noticed when your rubbish but needed when in contention

The Crows have so many holes, selling a forward pocket high, even though his potential may also be high to fill the big fundamental holes (ie an elite midfielder) is good business.

You can argue that Port did that with Wingard.

But I do think Rachele would not fit at Port. But I don’t know which Melbourne team would come knocking. Maybe Carlton? But surely they are close on salary cap.

Forward pockets are the cream of a team. Not noticed when your rubbish but needed when in contention

The Crows have so many holes, selling a forward pocket high, even though his potential may also be high to fill the big fundamental holes (ie an elite midfielder) is good business.

You can argue that Port did that with Wingard.

But I do think Rachele would not fit at Port. But I don’t know which Melbourne team would come knocking. Maybe Carlton? But surely they are close on salary cap.
Why don’t you think he would fit at port?

Leaving aside the heavy salary and trade cost, plus the need to convince him to come and the crows to trade with us.

Rachele is three times the petulant dick Wingard ever was. Wingard actually didnt have that trait until the latter years at Port. Was a horrible development. He was a figjam, but never bitched at team mates and argued with the umpire instead of getting on with the game till later on.

rachele does it from day one without even the credits in the bank for an ego so large. He would need to pull his ******* head in if he came here.

Arrogance is fine, self belief is fine - but being a petulant selfish little s**t with questionable work ethic is not.

Why don’t you think he would fit at port?

Leaving aside the heavy salary and trade cost, plus the need to convince him to come and the crows to trade with us.
Port already have 1 forward pocket who only plays in the forward line in Rioli and SPP is the muscle of the small forwards. also think that they draft smartly and anstasopoulos has a higher ceiling.

By the time you play 3 tall defenders and a rest mid, do you need another forward pocket who can only play forward?

No I don’t rate DBJ as a forward or McEntee at all, but I think Port would be better served going to the draft or looking for a strong small defender to replace Burton than recruiting Rachael.

Arrogance is fine, self belief is fine - but being a petulant selfish little s**t with questionable work ethic is not.
Good arrogance is putting yourself above your opposition. Bad arrogance is putting yourself above your teammates. Rachele stinks of the latter.

Rachele is three times the petulant dick Wingard ever was. Wingard actually didnt have that trait until the latter years at Port. Was a horrible development. He was a figjam, but never bitched at team mates and argued with the umpire instead of getting on with the game till later on.

rachele does it from day one without even the credits in the bank for an ego so large. He would need to pull his ******* head in if he came here.

Agree with this. He is possibly the most selfish and unjustifiably arrogant player I have ever seen. Even down to his celebrations. It’s all about him. He has so much talent but would drive me absolutely nuts as a fan.

Something that was highlighted on First Crack on Sunday night was the lack of accountability in the midfield by Butters, Rozee and Drew in the final quarter. They run one way. All of them.

Something a decent coach would be on top of to one side.

Parfitts strength is his accountability.

I'm not saying pay a ridiculous price but I'm thinking we seriously enquire.
Not sure Drew belongs with the other two in this context.

Ah yes famous one-way midfielder Willem Drew. Only averages 6 tackles a game over his career. Delist.

Ah yes famous one-way midfielder Willem Drew. Only averages 6 tackles a game over his career. Delist.

Only Drew and Butters with more tackles than the great man Jed last night. You know you're going well defensively when you out tackle the tackle machine himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id much rather Rankine than Rachelle and if he did play for port he would kick 50 goals a season with our chaos ball style of play.

It's a shame he prioritised crow love over having a good career. Oh well.

DBJ conversion continues to impress.
DBJ is an 177 game, all Australian defender.

Moving him forward works with Hinkley’s game plan, as the half back line is basically the half forward line.

I have him as the 5 forward, so on form should keep his spot a head of McEntee.

He still has value to the team, I just don’t know where he is best placed. As a forward makes sense for now.

DBJ is an 177 game, all Australian defender.

Moving him forward works with Hinkley’s game plan, as the half back line is basically the half forward line.

I have him as the 5 forward, so on form should keep his spot a head of McEntee.

He still has value to the team, I just don’t know where he is best placed. As a forward makes sense for now.

He's still a defender. He defends in the forward half and kicks goals. This is the evolution of AFL, defending in all parts of the ground, team moving as a press, time in forward half and all the rest of it.

That's how I see his game evolving. Love to know his average number of goals per game whilst in that position.

And - every team is clamouring for pacy, incisive metre-gaining defenders who attack and slice from half back. It's hard to see DJB ever going back there.

DBJ just doesn't fit back there any more - Farrell, Houston, Burton, Bergman, Jones, Williams, hopefully Sinn all available to fill those spots.

He's become a surprisingly reliable forward. Decent set shot too.

It's hard to argue with DBJ up forward. We just don't need 2 of those types. McEntee was again near invisible last night, and just doesn't add anything. He should be dropped if we're serious.
DBJ is proof that 'bUt hE's iN tHe sIdE fOr hIs pReSsUre' isn't an excuse for McEntee's offensive failures. So is SPP, for that matter. It's entirely possible to do both.

Would love to get Kade Chandler back home to SA.

Smart small forward who has an elite left foot kick on him and is a good decision maker.

He is contracted at Melbourne until the end of 2026 but at some stage we need to make a play for him.

Would love to get Kade Chandler back home to SA.

Smart small forward who has an elite left foot kick on him and is a good decision maker.

He is contracted at Melbourne until the end of 2026 but at some stage we need to make a play for him.

Crows are offering him $1 million a season. Won't get him.*

*Not really, just seems to be the standard response whenever anyone mentions bringing an SA player home.

Crows are offering him $1 million a season. Won't get him.*

*Not really, just seems to be the standard response whenever anyone mentions bringing an SA player home.
He’s also a small forward not a genuine midfielder and the Crom love to throw big wads of cash at Ex SA small forwards who can’t play in the middle but do have a bit of razzle dazzle

It's hard to argue with DBJ up forward. We just don't need 2 of those types. McEntee was again near invisible last night, and just doesn't add anything. He should be dropped if we're serious.

I think you have nailed it, DBJ, Evans and McEntee are not damaging enough.

DBJ, Rioli and SPP with Marshall, Dixon, MG is a much more balanced forward line. Finlayson (as much as I would prefer someone who could ruck) and the resting midfielder as rotations becomes very dangerous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back