List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happens we need to keep our first and second for next year.
We have to stop the cycle of trading our future for today.
We need another top end talent midfielder.

We also need to throw our AFL young mids into the SANFL midfield even to the detriment of the magpies. But that's a different argument
Trading for a second or third year player isn’t really an issue, eg Philippou type, 26-27 year olds yes.

What ever happens we need to keep our first and second for next year.
We have to stop the cycle of trading our future for today.
We need another top end talent midfielder.

We also need to throw our AFL young mids into the SANFL midfield even to the detriment of the magpies. But that's a different argument

I’m not even sure we would be allowed to trade another 1st? When was the last time we used one? Sinn?

Also the 2025 draft is looking mint from a Sa juniors perspective.

One thing I've been reliably told is they've got the cap space to go after someone on big money. Might be difficult to trade for someone even the lack of draft capital they have though.

There’s no real likely targets this offseason for big money offers.

The only big money free agents / ooc players are

English
Ugle Hagen
Mcluggage
McGrath
Holmes
Gulden
MacDonald
Smith

Most of those aren’t budging, and the ones that are in doubt were a shot at or would make any sense.

Both ugle Hagen and mcluggae are from the same area as Drew, still no chance to pry them out and if they were available they’ll get monster offers from Victoria. English doesn’t make sense with soldo on the list, not when he will likely cost 5x $1mil at least to shift here.

There’s always pre-agents , players about to come into free agency who teams might want to shift.

Of those there’s

Ballard
Petty

(Don’t see us investing lots into trading for these players after trading for 2 key defenders last year)

Brent Daniels

I just don’t see where we would splash the cash.

Just front end the * out of contracts instead.

I’m not even sure we would be allowed to trade another 1st? When was the last time we used one? Sinn?

Also the 2025 draft is looking mint from a Sa juniors perspective.
Have to ask permission. Considering we brought in JHF, high chance it would get approved. Think Geelong did something.

In terms of the free agents, Tom Mitchell left Sydney as a fringe player for sure. Markov, Lipiniski, Frampton, Sweet, Ratugolea, Matt White, etc etc. Plenty of fringe players that have filled a need at another club. I think we have a short midfield and could use more numbers here.

As to Graham and Parfitt - reckon they will get big money deals? Both are unrestricted, fringe in their current teams. Regardless, no need to keep this discussion going, you’re probably right that they aren’t coming here for a relative cut.

On the big names - Ainsworth and Hayward could be good HFF additions. Cumming off half back/wing would add some pace. McCluggage would be a dream but not sure we need/could sustain 4 million dollar midfielders.

There’s no real likely targets this offseason for big money offers.

The only big money free agents / ooc players are

English
Ugle Hagen
Mcluggage
McGrath
Holmes
Gulden
MacDonald
Smith

Most of those aren’t budging, and the ones that are in doubt were a shot at or would make any sense.

Both ugle Hagen and mcluggae are from the same area as Drew, still no chance to pry them out and if they were available they’ll get monster offers from Victoria. English doesn’t make sense with soldo on the list, not when he will likely cost 5x $1mil at least to shift here.

There’s always pre-agents , players about to come into free agency who teams might want to shift.

Of those there’s

Ballard
Petty

(Don’t see us investing lots into trading for these players after trading for 2 key defenders last year)

Brent Daniels

I just don’t see where we would splash the cash.

Just front end the * out of contracts instead.
The Ugle-Hagen and English contracts will be interesting to watch.

The Bont, Naughton, even Libba would be of decent coin. English would get big offers from West Coast, whilst Sydney and the Hawks are evidently in Ugle-Hagan.

What’s the maximum number of million dollar plays on one team? Particularly an under preforming team before it starts to affect team balance?

Port won’t get any of them if they are shaken loose, but fire works could follow.

The Ugle-Hagen and English contracts will be interesting to watch.

The Bont, Naughton, even Libba would be of decent coin. English would get big offers from West Coast, whilst Sydney and the Hawks are evidently in Ugle-Hagan.

What’s the maximum number of million dollar plays on one team? Particularly an under preforming team before it starts to affect team balance?

Port won’t get any of them if they are shaken loose, but fire works could follow.
English and JUH will get offers from everyone. Feels like a fair bit hangs on this year’s performance in terms of encouraging them to stay. Lobb and Busslinger may get shaken loose. And Bailey Smith seems a certainty to leave.

Something that was highlighted on First Crack on Sunday night was the lack of accountability in the midfield by Butters, Rozee and Drew in the final quarter. They run one way. All of them.

Something a decent coach would be on top of to one side.

Parfitts strength is his accountability.

I'm not saying pay a ridiculous price but I'm thinking we seriously enquire.

In terms of home-grown talent, here's how I'd rank the players who we should target over the next few years

Try and get them at any cost
  • Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
  • Kossy Pickett
  • Mattaes Phillipou
  • Will Day (unlikely)
  • Jack Lukosius (unlikely)
  • Petty (very unlikely)
Would be nice
  • Will Hayward
  • Tyson Stengle
  • Jack Graham
  • John Noble
  • Caleb Daniel
Forget luko and Hayward.. both will be crows bound, Hayward next year.

Day won’t come home.

If we could get your top 3 somehow, * we would have a good side, assuming dickhead isn’t still the coach.

Happy to skip all of your would be nice list except maybe Daniel.

If a young player of Phillipou’s quality is available the club should be throwing everything at him.

He’d slot in at half forward immediately and replace Wines in a year or two. We wouldn’t have to draft a midfielder for at least 5 years.
He would replace wines immediately.. not in 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that was highlighted on First Crack on Sunday night was the lack of accountability in the midfield by Butters, Rozee and Drew in the final quarter. They run one way. All of them.

Something a decent coach would be on top of to one side.

Parfitts strength is his accountability.

I'm not saying pay a ridiculous price but I'm thinking we seriously enquire.
Harsh on Drew. Probably his best game at port and renowned for his defensive work.

I was wondering if our conditioning or fitness just wasn’t up to scratch. Everyone really fell away in that final term.

Harsh on Drew. Probably his best game at port and renowned for his defensive work.

I was wondering if our conditioning or fitness just wasn’t up to scratch. Everyone really fell away in that final term.

It did.

Watching the computer/Video graphic highlight where Butters/Drew/Rozee were in opposition to the Melbourne counterparts in the final quarter just forget umpires and player errors that was the game right there. Completely heartbreaking. Maybe Boaky and some leadership out there might have made a difference.

Day won’t come home.

If we could get your top 3 somehow, * we would have a good side, assuming dickhead isn’t still the coach.

How are the Crow meant to fit Luko, Hayward and Petty under the salary cap?

You would assume that Thillthorpe, Dawson, Rankine and Rachelle will all ask for overs or they will walk. Although, that will be interesting to watch.

Day won’t come home.

Luko, if he returns, will be at Port Adelaide - Put your house in that.

How are the Crow meant to fit Luko, Hayward and Petty under the salary cap?

You would assume that Thillthorpe, Dawson, Rankine and Rachelle will all ask for overs or they will walk. Although, that will be interesting to watch.
I hope they get none of them, hope they get graham, noble and Stengel, but over the next couple I reckon they get those three.

Rachele.

We are in the market for a small forward and Pickett is just a dream ie. not happening.

Crows supporters on their board would trade him in a minute. Would be an upgrade on all of our smalls including Rioli in current form.

Crows possibly too invested to trade him but I’d enquire.

Rachele.

We are in the market for a small forward and Pickett is just a dream ie. not happening.

Crows supporters on their board would trade him in a minute. Would be an upgrade on all of our smalls including Rioli in current form.

Crows possibly too invested to trade him but I’d enquire.

Don’t think that’s a plausible option.

He’s rated on potential, and a team would want the trade price to reflect his potential, not output

The crows wouldn’t trade him to crosstown rivals unless they got a mint, which we shouldn’t pay.

If he wants out there will be vic teams throwing money at him, can’t see why he would cross town.

He is absolutely the one the Crows should trade out. He's probably going anyway. He isn't going to be a midfielder and his perceived value is probably above reality.

If they could turn him into a pick for a genuine mid prospect they should start the car.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was told many years ago we made a play for Modra when we entered the AFL. He listened to our pitch and said something along the lines of, Mate, crows supporters make my life hell here and they love me. Can you imagine what my life would be like if I went to Port? Bucky said Fair enough.

Rachele might be a flog but he doesn't deserve that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back