Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Band 1 minimum payment has gone up. You wont get it for some 800k deal like McKay got from last year.
Is he a million dollar player?
I think with the salary cap going up and the fact he’s unrestricted mean he might get a mill.
If I were him I would leave as quick as I can. Saints are shite

Nice audition as a swingman today in front of the footy dept that is offering him the $$$ to move.

Bailey Smith, Josh Battle and in addition to another top 10 draft pick (I assume) and that would be a very solid off season haul for Hawthorn.

Bailey Smith, Josh Battle and in addition to another top 10 draft pick (I assume) and that would be a very solid off season haul for Hawthorn.
Josh should net the saints a first rounder so if he wants to leave. Good luck to him

He'd be a great replacement for Nathan Murphy or Jeremy Howe. Hope we're in there pitching to his management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. If we win a few more games we will massively improve our chances of people wanting to join us, and it wont just be for the $$$.

He looked very good yesterday, not just because there were only a couple of Saints players who played well. Was solid forward and back. We need a new Gunston.

Nostra we are offering everyone huge deals to come play at the worst side in living memory.

You can only front load so many contracts before you find yourself paying 45% of the cap.
And best way to keep an LDU is to bring over quality players.

Give him a pen and a blank cheque

Nostra we are offering everyone huge deals to come play at the worst side in living memory.

You can only front load so many contracts before you find yourself paying 45% of the cap.
And best way to keep an LDU is to bring over quality players.

Give him a pen and a blank cheque
As long as it gets us band one

how they getting smith and keep the top 10 draft pick, great business if you can pull it off.
Depends where they finish. If they end up with a pick in the top 5, they can probably split it for two picks around the 10 mark and trade it for Smith. If they keep playing the way they have been though they mightn't be able to do that.

Depends where they finish. If they end up with a pick in the top 5, they can probably split it for two picks around the 10 mark and trade it for Smith. If they keep playing the way they have been though they mightn't be able to do that.

serious? a team would trade out 2 picks around 10 mark so pick 10 and 11 for pick 5?

serious? a team would trade out 2 picks around 10 mark so pick 10 and 11 for pick 5?
Dogs traded picks 10, 17 and our 2024 1st round pick (likely to be around 10 as well) for pick 4 last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back