Jack Trengove - Smokey Number 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

He will slip to WC:thumbsu: Pick 2 and 4 would have been awesome, coulda got one of the WA boys aswell.. but yeah whatever

1.Melbourne - Scully
2.Melbourne - Butcher
3.Fremantle - Morabito
4.West Coast - Trengove
5.Kangaroos - Lucas
6.Richmond - Panos

Trengove is racking up some very impressive stats in his 4 senior games for Sturt so far:

Vs Eagles 13-K 7-H 4-M 0-FF 2-FA 0-G 1-P 2-T
Vs Panthers 12-K 8-H 6-M 1-FF 2-FA 1-G 1-P 2-T
Vs Port 25-K 7-H 13-M 1-FF 4-FA 0-G 3-P 0-T
Vs North 11-K 5-H 8-M 1-FF 0-FA 1-G 2-P 0-T

I think he is who we should take with our #2.

Demons will take this kid ahead of Butcher for sure.

I dont rate Butcher at all.

Get ready for the Jack Attack -

GRIMES, WATTS, TRENGOVE.

Demons will take this kid ahead of Butcher for sure.

I dont rate Butcher at all.

Get ready for the Jack Attack -

GRIMES, WATTS, TRENGOVE.

Cannot believe I actually agree with him, although it's not that I don't rate Butcher I just rate Trengove as the better option for us if we have the chance to take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think melbourne would be crazy not to take this guy, i still think butcher is a very good prospect, but this guy is a sure bet, and miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

scully trengrove and grimes in the midfield for the dees is too good to turn down

i think melbourne would be crazy not to take this guy, i still think butcher is a very good prospect, but this guy is a sure bet, and miles ahead of the rest of the pack.

scully trengrove and grimes in the midfield for the dees is too good to turn down

with the way things are turning out, we are in line for pick 3. so we'd have our hands on scully/butcher/trengove.

i'd be pretty happy with either but i must say i'm super impressed by trengove. the short news clip on him on youtube had some awesome footage.

finally realised who this guy reminds me of, goodwin.

bit more pace and probably stands out a bit more, but that would be the closest comparison.

can play in the middle, off half back or up foward and kick a few. racks up the possies and uses it well, just an all round player with not really any true defincies.

I have only seen the 18's champs but there is fair difference between styles Goodwin (star) and Lids (A grade player with massive upside).

I like what I hear and at this stage the Dockers are still a chance to jag him.

I hope that melbourne take scully and butch or morabito so we can bring trengrove to Freo. I think we will get the third pick and I am hoping the Sturt lad falls to us. A big, strong, goalkicking midfielder is just what we need. Would send Pav back up forward to dominate again. Please either Melbourne win another game or leave JT to us.

I have only seen the 18's champs but there is fair difference between styles Goodwin (star) and Lids (A grade player with massive upside).

I like what I hear and at this stage the Dockers are still a chance to jag him.

A big difference between the wy they play now. Goodwin of 6 years ago actually played in a manner similar to Deledio.

Deledio a lot quicker but nowhere near the work rate. The old version of Simon Goodwin is probably a very good comparison.

Out of all the players in the AFL I would say Trengrove is closest to a mix of Dal Santo and Mark Murphy with a bit of Luke Power thrown in. But can see the old Goodwin comparisons.

Either way, he will be an exceptional player, is dominating in the SANFL atm, getting high in the best each week with 25+ touches a game. Ready for the next step and should play round 1 no troubles at all.

A big difference between the wy they play now. Goodwin of 6 years ago actually played in a manner similar to Deledio.

Deledio a lot quicker but nowhere near the work rate. The old version of Simon Goodwin is probably a very good comparison.

Thanks, I can not remember Goodwin's early days.

Kid sounds great and just what we need.

#1 priority in my mind for the Dockers.
I really hope we get rolled this week and wrap up that pick 3 which gives us a bit of hope to take this young stud.
Loved what i have seen of him in Double Blue thus far this season, see how he goes against a good side this week though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back