Speculation Jack Lukosius [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Having been in this situation before as a Freo supporter, I don’t see GC even entertaining trading out a 2 year contracted gun. They don’t need picks, don’t need more kids and they want to be making finals.

Their cap would have to be ****ed again to even answer a phone call and I doubt it is given what they had to do the last few years
I know what you mean but they do have a bevy of young stars the might want to up the contracts on or that have limited time left on contract so want to secure. Lets face it, Walter looks like he could be a superstar and Ben King is Ben King - they have their key forward posts locked up and might be happy to allow Luko to leave early before his RFA period approaches if they can get something decent back thus freeing up extra room in their cap for paying their other better youngsters..just a thought

As for us (crows), we need to quarantine our 1st this year for the best mid we can get our hands on either via trade or draft. So unless GC want future picks and a mid range player, I can't see how we do a deal. I like Luko a lot but its the wrong timing for us this year as we need the mids 1st 2nd and 3rd and after that then lets talk other positions.

As for us (crows), we need to quarantine our 1st this year for the best mid we can get our hands on either via trade or draft.
You'll get another smaller mid/forward and you'll like it.

In all seriousness, if they want to let him go for those reasons, I'm sure that would be next year. If he puts in a request this year, I'd expect them to do the same thing we always did, no, try again next year

You'll get another smaller mid/forward and you'll like it.

In all seriousness, if they want to let him go for those reasons, I'm sure that would be next year. If he puts in a request this year, I'd expect them to do the same thing we always did, no, try again next year
Yeah and if they did, next year I suspect would be ideal timing for the crows - not this year for the reasons I mentioned. Although I won't put it pas our club if they get a sniff to go as hard as they can to get him and we will be lucky to be left with any points for a welsh f/s bid and that dream of a top end mid will go west for another year

Having been in this situation before as a Freo supporter, I don’t see GC even entertaining trading out a 2 year contracted gun. They don’t need picks, don’t need more kids and they want to be making finals.

Their cap would have to be ****ed again to even answer a phone call and I doubt it is given what they had to do the last few years

This sounds logical, but it might turn on what Dimma thinks of Luko.

There’s a real possibility Dimma just doesn’t rate Luko and would be happy to let him go for a good return.

Dimma has been known to be pretty ruthless.
A few weeks ago he was talking about how great it is to be reunited with Ellis and how much he loves him and his partner. Drops him the first chance he gets.

Clubs think Luko is gettable for a reason.

This sounds logical, but it might turn on what Dimma thinks of Luko.

There’s a real possibility Dimma just doesn’t rate Luko and would be happy to let him go for a good return.

Dimma has been known to be pretty ruthless.
A few weeks ago he was talking about how great it is to be reunited with Ellis and how much he loves him and his partner. Drops him the first chance he gets.

Clubs think Luko is gettable for a reason.
Esp with him moving him straight to HBF. Making way for Walter who looks a future gun and they are stacked with HBF.

Still think Luko should be playing that high HFF role like Tom lynch did for us.

If there is any truth to the rumour Daniel Rioli toured the GC facilities this week then he’d make a very decent bargaining chip for a play by Richmond for Lukosius.

Rioli would be a handy pick up for GC and he knows the Hardwick game style inside out.

Richmond desperately need a forward.

I think all other teams need to back off.

Clearly Geelong and Gold Coast have a history of trading well together.

We could certainly take his current contract at full value for Jack and say pick 10 off their hands.

We have history... lets dance again.

GO Catters

I think some teams will be surprised when they approach the Suns about Lukosious and find out that they're not doing a fire sale anymore to sort out their salary cap. They'll expect full value for him.

Luko would want to be going to a team on a similar trajectory as the Suns, leaving Gold Coast right now feels like a big mistake.

I think some teams will be surprised when they approach the Suns about Lukosious and find out that they're not doing a fire sale anymore to sort out their salary cap. They'll expect full value for him.

Luko would want to be going to a team on a similar trajectory as the Suns, leaving Gold Coast right now feels like a big mistake.
I think you'll find people are joking. The cats were kind enough to extricate the Suns from their previous cap situation, in the same way we extricated GWS from theirs before that

I think you'll find people are joking. The cats were kind enough to extricate the Suns from their previous cap situation, in the same way we extricated GWS from theirs before that
Im sure we can help North with LDU as well.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was upset of the rumours surrounding him, so the club had to quickly shut down any speculation.

Gold Coast has assured star swingman Jack Lukosius it does not see him as trade bait, despite clubs being interested in his services.

The Crows have long been interested in the Adelaide local, and Lukosius would help with their key-position shortage. A shaken Lukosius wanted clarification from the Suns after reports this week and was firmly told he was in their long-term plans.

The Suns players are extremely tight and have all pledged to remain together, with Lukosius living with star midfielder Matt Rowell, who is out-of-contract next year.

So, the Suns would be making a very risky move to trade him.

They have made clear they have no plans to move him on.

I'd be very wary of trading for someone who allegedly wants out of the Suns right at the moment because he doesn't want to play where the coach wants.

I agree. Not a great attitude to have.

He’s much better playing behind the ball anyway IMO.

I agree. Not a great attitude to have.

He’s much better playing behind the ball anyway IMO.
Man, this is BS. All Luko said that his preferred position is forward. Not that he does not want play where the coach wants him. Should he lie? Journos and some people here just run with this s**t. Now journos say Lukos was shaken by rumours and asked for clarifications/assurances from the club that he is in long-term plans. What a comedy.

FYI, he also said recently that he is happy to play wherever the team needs him.

As for the role, IMO, I prefer him forward, CHF kicking I50. He scored 39 goals last year and finally fixed his set-shot. With improved midfield deliveries I bet he would score 50+ comfortably.

For now, Dimma loves the ball in Luko hands at back half setting up runs as per his presser. He's smart and understands game well.

Last edited:
Man, this is BS. All Luko said that his preferred position is forward. Not that he does not want play where the coach wants him. Should he lie? Journos and some people here just run with this s**t.

I was responding to the suggestion that he doesn’t see eye to eye with Dimma and may want out as a result.

I don’t know if it’s true. If it is, it’s not a great attitude to have.

It’s a pretty straightforward question that has been asked of players thousands of times.

And it’s an equally straightforward answer - you play it with a straight bat.

FYI, he also said recently that he is happy to play wherever the team needs him.

That’s the better answer. Where was this said?

As for the role, IMO, I prefer him forward, CHF kicking I50. He scored 39 goals last year and finally fixed his set-shot. With improved midfield deliveries I bet he would score 50+ comfortably.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t. I have my doubts over him as a forward but with the way the game is played right now, a defender with his disposal is gold.

For now, Dimma loves the ball in Luko hands at back half setting up runs as per his presser. He's smart and understands game well.

And that’s where he should be playing.

I was responding to the suggestion that he doesn’t see eye to eye with Dimma and may want out as a result.

I don’t know if it’s true. If it is, it’s not a great attitude to have.

It’s a pretty straightforward question that has been asked of players thousands of times.

And it’s an equally straightforward answer - you play it with a straight bat.

That’s the better answer. Where was this said?

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t. I have my doubts over him as a forward but with the way the game is played right now, a defender with his disposal is gold.

And that’s where he should be playing.
Just for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back