Speculation Jack Lukosius [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

A good sign and exactly what anyone in his position should be saying.

Let's see how it plays out. There's been a bit of talk this week, could be something, could be nothing.
There was, which got him scared, so he sought clarity from the club. So it's not coming from him. Probably just from rivals based on his comments his preferred role. But the club has quickly put those doubts to bed.
So unless things change, I wouldn't think there is anything in it.
He's very happy where he is.

I know what you mean but they do have a bevy of young stars the might want to up the contracts on or that have limited time left on contract so want to secure. Lets face it, Walter looks like he could be a superstar and Ben King is Ben King - they have their key forward posts locked up and might be happy to allow Luko to leave early before his RFA period approaches if they can get something decent back thus freeing up extra room in their cap for paying their other better youngsters..just a thought

As for us (crows), we need to quarantine our 1st this year for the best mid we can get our hands on either via trade or draft. So unless GC want future picks and a mid range player, I can't see how we do a deal. I like Luko a lot but its the wrong timing for us this year as we need the mids 1st 2nd and 3rd and after that then lets talk other positions.

I doubt Luko will move and a shift to the Crows seems improbable.

You'll get another smaller mid/forward and you'll like it.

In all seriousness, if they want to let him go for those reasons, I'm sure that would be next year. If he puts in a request this year, I'd expect them to do the same thing we always did, no, try again next year

Difference is the Suns are overflowing with talent and have the same cap as everyone else.

Something will give. Just like it did with Bowes cap dump trade.

Lukocius woould not be a cap dump though. Suns would demand and get top picks for any player of that calibre.

The double edged sword of having a successful academy. Good players deserve to be paid and they cant keep them all.

If Lukocius did want a move to the Crows and the Suns agreed it would take a top 4 pick plus extras. If that was the case the Eagles pick may come into play. Still expect the Crows to finish with pick 6 or 7 at the worst.

Difference is the Suns are overflowing with talent and have the same cap as everyone else.

Something will give. Just like it did with Bowes cap dump trade.

Lukocius woould not be a cap dump though. Suns would demand and get top picks for any player of that calibre.

The double edged sword of having a successful academy. Good players deserve to be paid and they cant keep them all.

If Lukocius did want a move to the Crows and the Suns agreed it would take a top 4 pick plus extras. If that was the case the Eagles pick may come into play. Still expect the Crows to finish with pick 6 or 7 at the worst.
Suns cleaned up a lot of money in the last 2-3 years. More money off the book from players like Ellis coming in next 1-2 years.

As recently as 2 weeks ago Campbell mentioned that Suns cap is in good shape and Suns will go after players if they identify needs on the list. Obviously, easier said than done. Suns need to play finals to have a realistic chance to attract top player(s).

Saying all that similar to GWS I do expect some players to leave (like Sharp, Hollands). Too early to say while Dimma is assessing and figuring out players but I would say Davies and Jeffrey could be candidates.

Luko is part of very close group with Ballard, King, Rowell, Anderson. Nothing indicates he wants to leave.

Last edited:
If I were the Suns, I wouldn't even consider trading Lukosius this year. The top end of this year's draft isn't that highly rated. Better off giving it a year and trying to make him happy with he move to defence, because even if it doesn't work out, they can always get a pick in 2025 which might be a stronger draft.

If I were the Suns, I wouldn't even consider trading Lukosius this year. The top end of this year's draft isn't that highly rated. Better off giving it a year and trying to make him happy with he move to defence, because even if it doesn't work out, they can always get a pick in 2025 which might be a stronger draft.

Oh this year's draft is not that strong, but next year might be a superdraft? :)

Suns cleaned up a lot of money in the last 2-3 years. More money off the book from players like Ellis coming in next 1-2 years.

As recently as 2 weeks ago Campbell mentioned that Suns cap is in good shape and Suns will go after players if they identify needs on the list. Obviously, easier said than done. Suns need to play finals to have a realistic chance to attract top player(s).

Saying all that similar to GWS I do expect some players to leave (like Sharp, Hollands). Too early to say while Dimma is assessing and figuring out players but I would say Davies and Jeffrey could be candidates.

Luko is part of very close group with Ballard, King, Rowell, Anderson. Nothing indicates he wants to leave.

Would love Jeffrey at the Eagles.

I can’t see Lukosius leaving before his contract is out but if it is the lure home, Adelaide probably have the advantage.

Port have no draft capital and tall forwards and defender stocks are actually not that bad at the moment.

Adelaide has slightly better capital, but I think clubs with FS prospects, particularly first rounders, are likely waiting to see what happens with any changes to the draft.

GC also don’t have the extreme salary cap squeeze that they once did so they don’t actually need to trade him. Full value for a contracted player such a luko will be heavy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're welcome 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back