I'm liking the thought of Collingflog finishing top and out in straight sets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephen Shavedham

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 16, 2010
Now look back at my sig.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bay13 stand over man, COME AT ME!!
If there's one thing the Bay has in common, it's liking a Collingwood finals choke, AGAIN:D.

I'm actually wanting the finals cloggers to finish top, get a foot up the arse and go out in straight sets. They've got the biggest front running supporters and there's nothing better than seeing these spuds put back in their place.

I'm just loving the thought of a mountain of Pies supporters crying in their soup after 'another' finals disaster. They get the best draw year in year out, only to have an epic fail come finals time. Basically you Collingwood scum, you get an arm chair ride to the finals only to be found out, again.

Collingwood out in straight sets for mine:thumbsu:.

If there's one thing the Bay has in common, it's liking a Collingwood finals choke, AGAIN:D.

I'm actually wanting the finals cloggers to finish top, get a foot up the arse and go out in straight sets. They've got the biggest front running supporters and there's nothing better than seeing these spuds put back in their place.

I'm just loving the thought of a mountain of Pies supporters crying in their soup after 'another' finals disaster. They get the best draw year in year out, only to have an epic fail come finals time. Basically you Collingwood scum, you get an arm chair ride to the finals only to be found out, again.

Well said and i agree. Would love nothing more than to see Collingwood & Carlton get smashed and us to demolish the handbaggers in another grand final

No side in the modern top-8 era has finished top and not made it to at least a Preliminary final, although Port in 2002 and 2003 bombed out in preliminaries. It would be a disaster for a top side to bid farewell to September action following the second week.

This thread i started a while ago asked Pie fans to recall 1973...a year the Pies finished top with an imposing 19-3 record, but straight-set it out in the Preliminary final. That is the biggest fall from grace from the best win/loss position of any top-placed side in the 22 game H & A season era since 1970.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625496&highlight=collingwood+1973

The Pies also bombed out in 1988 after finishing second with a more moderate 15-6-1 record, although the powerful Hawks and Blues of that era were much more developed finals-wise. Not really on the same scale, several sides have straight-setted from a double-chance position over the years.

I know Carlton supporters have had nothing to do with winning finals games for many a long day but just to bring you back up to speed

Collingwoods current developing team has basically played slightly above their home and away form in the finals series 2007-9. No evidence of any choking just a young developing team learning finals footy

8 finals matches
in that time for 4 wins 4 losses

2 matches we played teams that finished below us on the H&A ladder and beat them

6 matches we played teams that finished above us. We won 2 of those matches and both those victories were interstate as well. I dont think you will find too many interstate victories in finals elsewhere. The other 4 we lost and on each occasion were expected to be beaten by the experts

The 4 losses were 2007 Prelim to Geelong
2008 Semi to Saints
2009 Q final to Saints
2009 Prelim to Cats

Bar the 2008 Saints teams the other 3 were sensational teams who had just come off amazing H&A seasons

So where is the finals choke?

• Banned
Well said and i agree. Would love nothing more than to see Collingwood & Carlton get smashed and us to demolish the handbaggers in another grand final

But i didn't say anything about Carlton getting smashed? Oh wait, hang on, i see what you've done.................................:thumbsu:hahahahahaha:eek:.

Wholeheartedly endorse this thread and would love to see it happen

I think i love you and you will be added to my friends list.................i'll send you a PM in a sec mate:).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your history is choke, you're kidding, yer?

Collingwood stink of crumble...................................hahahahahahahaha, where's the choke, nice one:thumbsu:.

Suprise suprise failed to answer the question

All you have from Carltons recent history is trolling. The stink of decay must get up your nose

The decay of a once proud and successful club. It must hurt to be rendered insignificant for so so long. Once hated for you arrogance now you just have a bit of pity and indifference from the few who dont rememeber your cheating ways and ongoing glee from the rest.

God I enjoy Carlton staying s**t

Surprised you look back at those days fondly, considering you came last and second last respectively in 2002 and 2003.

It was still good to sit back and watch you blokes get tanned:thumbsu:.

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Again.

God I enjoy Carlton staying s**t

Not half as much as everyone likes seeing Collingwood fold up like a banana lounge come finals, this season will be no different, and you know it:eek:.

It was still good to sit back and watch you blokes get tanned:thumbsu:.

It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Again.

Shouldn't it be more of a hard, flat feeling? :confused:

wooden_spoon.jpg

If we finish top and go out in straight sets it doesnt mean we choked coz we are not the best team this year.

You Carlton flogs have no life, your team is crap worry about your team first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back