Rumour Busted Hooker looking to dock in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this year Asaga is dead and buried also everyone from the old regime is long gone the club has a new coach,new players,new admin etc can easily have a fresh start at EFC why does it have to be at another club.
The club will have a big stain on them for a long time. That is just my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a few walk

It should be noted that the new Perth stadium could factor into Hooker's decision. He'll only have to play one season at Subiaco before being a part of WA football history when they open the new Burswood stadium which obviously includes the carrot of competing in the first derby at the new stadium. Some people may disagree with this but I think it's fair to say the new Perth stadium is going to be better than Etihad Stadium in Melbourne. A bigger capacity and newer facilities.

That, and he'll be getting paid buckets to play in his hometown with a team that just won the minor premiership/made a prelim final/has the current Brownlow medalist. You couldn't exactly blame him for taking that offer over Essendon's current situation.

The only ones I can see leaving are the 6 players that are out of contract which are Hooker,Myers,Hocking,Howlett,Stanton and Pears.

The ones I can see leaving are the ones that other clubs will target.

If there's a chance of shaking Heppell/Hurley/Hooker loose without having to trade for them then clubs will jump at it. Someone like Stanton is 30 soon and isn't going to make a huge difference to most teams so won't attract nearly as much interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ones I can see leaving are the ones that other clubs will target.

If there's a chance of shaking Heppell/Hurley/Hooker loose without having to trade for them then clubs will jump at it. Someone like Stanton is 30 soon and isn't going to make a huge difference to most teams so won't attract nearly as much interest.

I dunno, Stanton would make a very useful pickup for someone in premiership contention who are looking to shake that last spud midfielder out of their team.

Hooker is 27 and has been living in Melbourne for the last 8 or 9 years. There's every chance that's his home now.
8 years in Melbourne vs 18 years in Perth. He may feel like a Melbournian these days but the $$$ could easily make him feel nostalgic about his hometown.

8 years in Melbourne vs 18 years in Perth. He may feel like a Melbournian these days but the $$$ could easily make him feel nostalgic about his hometown.

18 year olds have nothing in terms of commitment. 27/28 year olds is another matter.

I grew up in Perth so if I left at 18 to live in Melbourne I probably would've been homesick, nervous etc. After 8 or 9 years who knows? Hooker may have a partner, home, circle of friends etc. so the idea that just because he's from Perth he will want to return to Perth is a bit naive.

I reckon he could probably get a fat contract in Melbourne if he wanted to leave Essendon. He could probably get one at Essendon too.

18 year olds have nothing in terms of commitment. 27/28 year olds is another matter.

I grew up in Perth so if I left at 18 to live in Melbourne I probably would've been homesick, nervous etc. After 8 or 9 years who knows? Hooker may have a partner, home, circle of friends etc. so the idea that just because he's from Perth he will want to return to Perth is a bit naive.

I reckon he could probably get a fat contract in Melbourne if he wanted to leave Essendon. He could probably get one at Essendon too.
I didn't write that. In fact, I alluded to the money being the main reason he would return to WA. Going to a team that currently has their premiership window open doesn't hurt their case either.

So was it ever confirmed that Hooker was recently spotted house hunting in the upper class Perth suburb of Cottesloe?

Yep all of this. His lady friend is from Melbourne I believe. He's one of the top 5 KPD's, clubs will be lining up to get in his ear. Swannies should be talking to him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back