Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

10 weeks!
I mean, the AFL literally released a statement saying his PISSWEAK sentence was because of his genuine remorse, clearly it wasn't that genuine if he thinks a 3 week sentence for being a homophobic dickhead isn't justifiable.

‘Tipped me over the edge’ is a pretty intense thing to say and then not elaborate on or explain what exactly he means by that 😬💀

Really poor use of words and all the laughter made it sound worse. Sounded like someone who isn't sorry or leant anything. Also think he needs to be careful he doesn't try to play the victim.

None of us are perfect but I think he should keep a low profile a while.

All the sensitivity training is all honestly BS. Does anyone really think that someone's attitude changes because they attended a mandatory seminar for a few hours?
I was shocked when the respect for women course that Tarryn Thomas got put through didn't seem to put an end to his issues.

"When re-thinking my comments today, it's clear that I should have provided more context," he said.

"On reflection, I should have explained that I was bitterly disappointed that I said what I did during the game and I am bitterly disappointed that I put myself and the club in the position I did. That is what I am most upset with.

"What I said on the field that night was totally unacceptable. I knew that at the time and I know it now. I stress, I have no issue with the sanction at all."

Finlayson clarifies podcast comments, AFL boss explains ban - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110367

"When re-thinking my comments today, it's clear that I should have provided more context," he said.

"On reflection, I should have explained that I was bitterly disappointed that I said what I did during the game and I am bitterly disappointed that I put myself and the club in the position I did. That is what I am most upset with.

"What I said on the field that night was totally unacceptable. I knew that at the time and I know it now. I stress, I have no issue with the sanction at all."

Finlayson clarifies podcast comments, AFL boss explains ban - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1110367

Translation: Kochie tells Jeremy to shut his heckin trap

The comments were poor but I think the laughter and tone made it sound worse.

Last edited:
you can PR train someone as much as you want, but the moment you take the media person away from them they're still as dumb as they were before hand.

if i was in the position i personally wouldn't choose to speak on it
It’s quite amazing they don’t seem to have kept up with social media.

Like wouldn’t any good PR person be like “we don’t give a crap if your wife has a podcast, don’t go on it”.

He was always some kind clarification like this whether he meant that way or not.
It does make it harder to take him seriously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the heat of battle who cares what he says. You have to be really sensitive and precious to take offence.

I bet my bottom dollar the Essendon player was less offended than the woke mob.
you're shaming the diggers legacy (and this close to anzac day!) if you think it's even remotely comparable being a highly paid sports person and being a soldier in any army.

i'd wager that you've never even been in military fatigues

you're shaming the diggers legacy (and this close to anzac day!) if you think it's even remotely comparable being a highly paid sports person and being a soldier in any army.

i'd wager that you've never even been in military fatigues

Id bet to wager I served in Greek armed forces for three years. Seems majority of Australians that have gone woke and puushing a silly radicalization agenda will probably have nervous breakdowns in first day. A global conflict will be coming and the woke mob will be hiding under their beds with women and children and leave it to us to die for their radicalized ideology. You are aware that woke is considered a terrorist threat in some nations.

Id bet to wager I served in Greek armed forces for three years. Seems majority of Australians that have gone woke and puushing a silly radicalization agenda will probably have nervous breakdowns in first day. A global conflict will be coming and the woke mob will be hiding under their beds with women and children and leave it to us to die for their radicalized ideology. You are aware that woke is considered a terrorist threat in some nations.
nah mate you hate the troops because they're woke simple as sorry to hear it mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back