Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

If you turn Football into a hostile environment for gays, non-anglos and women, they will simply not participate.

Some might think thats a good thing - but it’s a pretty silly thing to ‘hate on’ - they’re just people.

Bigger fish folks, bigger fish.

If you turn Football into a hostile environment for gays, non-anglos and women, they will simply not participate.

Some might think thats a good thing - but it’s a pretty silly thing to ‘hate on’ - they’re just people.

Bigger fish folks, bigger fish.
Umm, football is a hostile environment for everyone that plays it.

In fact every combative sport is a hostile environment for every participant that plays it.

Sure, there's lines you don't cross, but let's not pretend we can make it all sunshine and lollipops so no one will find it 'hostile'

Umm, football is a hostile environment for everyone that plays it.

In fact every combative sport is a hostile environment for every participant that plays it.

Sure, there's lines you don't cross, but let's not pretend we can make it all sunshine and lollipops so no one will find it 'hostile'
Not what I said - at all.

Targetting groups means those groups are not welcome - there’s more important things to hate - like Trump.

The current timeline is stupid and should be called out as such, we have gone way too far and precious about everything. There are so many thing wrong with the world but as a society we seem to make way too much of nothing issues like this instead.
Oh for the days when only good land owning males could vote!

Not what I said - at all.

Targetting groups means those groups are not welcome - there’s more important things to hate - like Trump.
You stated and I quote

'IF you turn football into a hostile environment............' like it isn't to begin with.

Football is a psychologically hostile environment. Period.

You stated and I quote

'IF you turn football into a hostile environment............' like it isn't to begin with.

Football is a psychologically hostile environment. Period.
But there is a line. Unless you're a bit psycho.

Id bet to wager I served in Greek armed forces for three years. Seems majority of Australians that have gone woke and puushing a silly radicalization agenda will probably have nervous breakdowns in first day. A global conflict will be coming and the woke mob will be hiding under their beds with women and children and leave it to us to die for their radicalized ideology. You are aware that woke is considered a terrorist threat in some nations.

This comes from investment companies pushing boardroom agendas as they buy boardroom votes.

Dig deep and you will be interested in what you will find and why. All it takes is to read a few annual reports of these investment houses. The undertones are alarming....

The most important thing for anyone that he is a free man free to express his thoughts and not necessarily dressed up in away to appease everyone nor everyone agrees with. Hurting someones feelings isn't a crime.
He is free to express his thoughts. He just can't play footy for a couple of weeks.

We are all happily married and built our family and wish the same for our kids ... The only radicalized agenda they will be taught is from me and the wife not institutions.
This sounds like a confession. Also all of this looks like you're working far too hard at being offended by someone being sanctioned for using a homophobic slur for it to be a rational reaction. You've gone from free speech to political oppression, military tribalism, and globalist financial conspiracy and it's starting to look like you might have your head so far up your own rabbit hole that you can no longer think rationally.

Can you outline specifically what's actually wrong with discouraging homophobia?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you point to some examples of homophobia. I haven't seen any in the posts I've read or those you quoted on this page.
Using the real definition, not the Evo Revised Dictionary.

5 weeks, wow. Finlayson got 3 weeks for what I thought was the worst thing you can call a gay person...
Did Powell develop a new, even more grotesque homophobic slur?

5 weeks, wow. Finlayson got 3 weeks for what I thought was the worst thing you can call a gay person...

There were weeks added because Finlayson just got suspended a few weeks ago for the exact same thing. If it happens again in 3 weeks with another player and the AFL are serious about stamping it out? Give them 7.

The AFL opted for a harsher penalty for Powell given the proximity to the Finlayson incident in the hope this will deter similar conduct in the future.

"It is extremely disappointing to be dealing with a similar incident in only a matter of weeks," AFL general counsel Stephen Meade said.

It’s a compound interest thing; the next bloke to do it will get 7 weeks and then so on and so forth.

This competition is turning itself into a farce with its inconsistent, arbitrary policy made up on the fly.

It’s a compound interest thing; the next bloke to do it will get 7 weeks and then so on and so forth.

This competition is turning itself into a farce with its inconsistent, arbitrary policy made up on the fly.
Same as BF policy on penalties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back