Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

ha ha. ""Injury rate due to resilient males not following clear safety instructions."" maybe due to the fact it is a high risk job with hazards galore that need to be controlled. i guess the office boys would have the same risks sitting at their work station, other then paper cuts what else could injure a white collar worker?
I think even someone as blinkered as you woukd agree the number of construction workers who should be wearing harnesses, and don’t - would be ridiculously high.

Especially on medium sized projects like building blocks of apartments.

And lets not get into the frequency of walls falling in people or minor injuries because of not wearing safety glasses.

50 pages.
Josh Gad Genius GIF by HBO

I think even someone as blinkered as you woukd agree the number of construction workers who should be wearing harnesses, and don’t - would be ridiculously high.

Especially on medium sized projects like building blocks of apartments.

And lets not get into the frequency of walls falling in people or minor injuries because of not wearing safety glasses.
what's your experience around construction sites?. been on one? BTW get caught on a mine site over 2m without a harness and your kicked off site.

what's your experience around construction sites?. been on one? BTW get caught on a mine site over 2m without a harness and your kicked off site.
Not really sure what point you’re making, except that there are rules and you work in construction.

Lets keep this on topic -

First your questions -

1- Pretty easy to spot the number of risk takers in your industry by watching building sites as they go up - countless fools hanging off framework with no harnesses - countless roofers and air-con installers walking on planks without safety rails - Not to mention the CFMEU knuckle-dragging protesters over anti-vaxxing (which is a workplace safety issue)

2- Yes there are rules - that get ignored - a lot.

Back to behaviour -

Are you forgetting that wolf-whistling was so endemic in your industry, they brought in a law against it?

My point - (which has gone so far over your head its in orbit) - is your industry is hardly a reliable example of smart people always doing the right thing.

So when your mate used it as an example where abuse is ‘give and take’ - it’s not exactly the ‘civilised workplace’ we want to aim for, is it?

Last edited:
Not really sure what point you’re making, except that there are rules and you work in construction.

Pretty easy to spot the number of risk takers in your industry by watching building sites as they go up - countless fools hanging off framework with no harnesses - countless roofers and air-con installers walking on planks without safety rails - Not to mention the CFMEU knuckle-dragging protesters over anti-vaxxing (which is a workplace safety issue)

Or are you going to pretend this stuff doesn’t happen?

Are you forgetting that wolf-whistling was so endemic in your industry, they brought in a law against it?

My point - which has gone so far over your head its in orbit - is your industry is hardly a reliable example of smart people always doing the right thing.

So when you’re mate started using your job as an example where abuse is ‘give and take’ - it’s not exactly the ‘civilised manhood’ we want to aim for, is it?
wow, such an arrogant campaigner, all from the comforts of your office. Don't even work in construction, work in mining. Both industries heavily regulated with safety. But you know best despite not even working in the industry.

wow, such an arrogant campaigner, all from the comforts of your office. Don't even work in construction, work in mining. Both industries heavily regulated with safety. But you know best despite not even working in the industry.
Arrogant? What, for detailing exactly what happens on so many work sites?

You seem to think having rules is enough - okay, glad yours is such a ‘safe’ industry - now excuse me because this ‘arrogant campaigner’ has better things to do than to teach you how a rule-breaking industry is not a great example of managing workplace abuse.

Arrogant? What, for detailing exactly what happens on so many work sites?

You seem to think having rules is enough - okay, glad yours is such a ‘safe’ industry - now excuse me because this ‘arrogant campaigner’ has better things to do than to teach you how a rule-breaking industry is not a great example of managing workplace abuse.
thanks for the lessons, in an industry you have never been in but can detail exactly what happens. What do you actually do for a living?

thanks for the lessons, in an industry you have never been in but can detail exactly what happens. What do you actually do for a living?

I’m not here to let you pretend construction industry issues don’t exist.

Seen a plethora of roofers not wear harnesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen a plethora of roofers not wear harnesses.
And yet if you haven’t worked inthe industry…it didn’t happen.

Its a ‘smell, touch, hear, see’ primate thing I think.

Or am I being an arrogant campaigner?

Like I said earlier, it is a dangerous industry with hazards everywhere, far more chance of getting hurt in a heavy industry than an office job. But thanks for stating the obvious. Still haven't mentioned what you do for a living.
You said nothing of the sort.

Read post 1226 again
“""Injury rate due to resilient males not following clear safety instructions."" maybe due to the fact it is a high risk job with hazards galore that need to be controlled.”

So I said it’s full of cowboys - and you’re saying it’s because it's a high risk industry?

So what…the fact there's so many controls excuses the 12,000 injuries a year?

Would you like a bigger shovel?

And yet if you haven’t worked inthe industry…it didn’t happen.

Its a ‘smell, touch, hear, see’ primate thing I think.

Or am I being an arrogant campaigner?

Safety is expensive and it’s not as easy as just saying FOLLOW THE RULES , it’s hundreds of choices or more a day where you are asking people to make their hard job even harder in a lot of cases

As long as people are doing the work and not robots safety will only ever be a do your best situation and I’m right at the coalface of this stuff for one of the biggest industrial services companies in the world and I don’t even do exactly the right thing every single time

If you think you would if you had to walk a mile in their steel caps you are kidding yourself

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back