Scandal The AFL is aware of footage which shows Tom Hawkins looking at a phone during the rain break

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone just needs to calm down and wait. The league are working behind the scenes to find some way of not applying their own rules. I am sure we will have the answer soon.

And while we are at it, the rule exists in case the players read something on a screen and then act on it. Not really because they might type something.

Seriously, what super secret info could anyone leak at 3QT?

If it was before the game, I understand the potential for a "psst, so-and-so is going to be a late out, this guy will start forward so get your money on him to kick the first goal, pass it on!" type leak. But what was going to happen in the last quarter that we didn't already know?

The sub was already activated, everyone seemed to play in their 'normal' positions.....if we rested some older blokes and gave more minutes to the kids ahead of a 5 day break, that wouldn't be any sort of shock.

If it was before the game, I understand the potential for a "psst, so-and-so is going to be a late out, this guy will start forward so get your money on him to kick the first goal, pass it on!" type leak. But what was going to happen in the last quarter that we didn't already know?

The sub was already activated, everyone seemed to play in their 'normal' positions.....if we rested some older blokes and gave more minutes to the kids ahead of a 5 day break, that wouldn't be any sort of shock.
Why are you focussed on info from him and not to him?

Also, you don't need to establish the actual mechanism of some sort of cheating or otherwise - just whether or not he viewed a phone. Thats the rule.

Other way around. A bookmaker (or punter for that matter) could send him a message instructing him to not kick any more goals, to make sure he gives one off to Parfitt, random s**t like that.

Other way around. A bookmaker (or punter for that matter) could send him a message instructing him to not kick any more goals, to make sure he gives one off to Parfitt, random s**t like that.
‘Let a team mate handball to you for your 4th goal’ :eek:

Yeah this absolutely reeks of a Jeremy Cameron goal assist exotic to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch the whole interview with Laura Kane... her mascara was so bad, it was dripping down the side of her left eye. Almost made it look like she was crying... I could barely focus on the words, cause I was so distracted by the stuff going on with her eyes.
But I did notice that she has the corporate speak down pat. Lots of words and says nothing.

Did you watch the whole interview with Laura Kane... her mascara was so bad, it was dripping down the side of her left eye. Almost made it look like she was crying... I could barely focus on the words, cause I was so distracted by the stuff going on with her eyes.
But I did notice that she has the corporate speak down pat. Lots of words and says nothing.
Fits right in at AFL House then.

"$500,000 bet on you not scoring a goal this quarter."

That sort of super secret info...

So the AFL have access to logs of the permitted phones?

It shouldnt matter if they can prove Hawkins only looked at the fellas baby photo. It's about more than what he did with the phone, it's having the access to the phone in the first place.

Should have been the same fine as Collingwood, $20k right? Just seems dumb by the AFL. A $20k fine the club pays is nothing in the grand scheme of it.

AFL have no clue as usual.

It shouldnt matter if they can prove Hawkins only looked at the fellas baby photo. It's about more than what he did with the phone, it's having the access to the phone in the first place.
My point was more about what the "authorised person" accesses. I mean s**t, show the phone, don't show the phone: they could still convey outside info.

Legit question I would say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back