Rumour Trouble at Brisbane? Do NOT Name Names, Thank You - BF Admin

Remove this Banner Ad

83125897-13261193-image-a-1_1712012352272.jpg

Isaac Smith is still there from the Cats 2022 end of season trip. Never came home. 12 month bender.

Last edited:
You're saying more about yourself, actually.
No I'm not , I'm talking about the facts of life. You really think most afl players are loyal ? Most sports stars , Hollywood men etc are loyal ? You're living in lala land mate

You really think a guy like David Beckham has only slept with posh his whole adult life ? 😂😂

No I'm not , I'm talking about the facts of life. You really think most afl players are loyal ? Most sports stars , Hollywood men etc are loyal ? You're living in lala land mate

You really think a guy like David Beckham has only slept with posh his whole adult life ? 😂😂
Yes, I agree...lots of blokes are unfaithful dirtbags whilst in committed relationships.

And those who think this is completely normal & acceptable are saying a lot about themselves. I agree on that too.

Yes, I agree...lots of blokes are unfaithful dirtbags whilst in committed relationships.

And those who think this is completely normal & acceptable are saying a lot about themselves. I agree on that too.
Wherever you think it's right or not , the fact is it is very common for men of high status to do this. We can't imagine it because we are not even close to being there but throw all the money and fame and women throwing themselves at you , it will make most men fall for it. It's just the reality of life.

And for the women who choose to date these types of guys, well they should know what they are getting into. Imagine dating someone like Drake or Chris brown and expecting them to be loyal lol.

Wherever you think it's right or not , the fact is it is very common for men of high status to do this. We can't imagine it because we are not even close to being there but throw all the money and fame and women throwing themselves at you , it will make most men fall for it. It's just the reality of life.

And for the women who choose to date these types of guys, well they should know what they are getting into. Imagine dating someone like Drake or Chris brown and expecting them to be loyal lol.
Whatever. This thread is about a bunch of footballers going to America where nobody knows who they are.

It's a choice to be an unfaithful dirtbag, no matter who you are.

If you want to fantasise about being a famous rapper or sportsperson, knock yourself out. 😆

Don't really see the issue in this.
People of all races, genders, etc go to Vegas and play up, which causes issues in their relationships (both romantic and platonic)

So don't get in a relationship, if you're just planning to 'play the field' and root anything that moves regardless. Or make the ground rules clear from the outset. What's so hard about that?

For me, the way that the players were busted is the only really newsworthy part - and by far the funniest. If 'the rules' had been made clear to the WAGs from the start, it wouldn't have been a story. Although something tells me that these guys wouldn't be quite as accepting of these implicit rules if the shoe were on the other foot.

So don't get in a relationship, if you're just planning to 'play the field' and root anything that moves regardless. Or make the ground rules clear from the outset. What's so hard about that?
I honestly don't know why any young, rich and famous person bothers getting into committed relationships unless they truly have no desire whatsoever to sleep with more than one parson. It feels like they're following a general societal expectation that was created by people who weren't young, rich and famous, and so didn't have the same opportunities and temptations. How can that model possibly work for everyone in very different scenarios? People tend to model themselves unconsciously after what they see their parents and neighbours and friends do, which tends to be getting into committed relationships, but those people aren't all in the same situation.

If the modern world has taught us anything, it's that there's no one-size-fits-all model for life, everyone needs to have the freedom to be themselves to be happy and successful (as long as they're not harming others in the process). In any draftee life skills program, alongside all the education about financial management and staying away from alcohol and drugs, I'd honestly give them the advice to not get into a committed relationship unless they're very sure they don't want to play the field (or if they find a partner who's cool with that, but they're not common).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don't know why any young, rich and famous person bothers getting into committed relationships unless they truly have no desire whatsoever to sleep with more than one parson. It feels like they're following a general societal expectation that was created by people who weren't young, rich and famous, and so didn't have the same opportunities and temptations. How can that model possibly work for everyone in very different scenarios? People tend to model themselves unconsciously after what they see their parents and neighbours and friends do, which tends to be getting into committed relationships, but those people aren't all in the same situation.

If the modern world has taught us anything, it's that there's no one-size-fits-all model for life, everyone needs to have the freedom to be themselves to be happy and successful (as long as they're not harming others in the process). In any draftee life skills program, alongside all the education about financial management and staying away from alcohol and drugs, I'd honestly give them the advice to not get into a committed relationship unless they're very sure they don't want to play the field (or if they find a partner who's cool with that, but they're not common).

One high profile NRL Wag from a few years ago;

“He can go out and ** anything he likes. As long as he keeps money coming in and he doesn’t get a s* pregnant I couldn’t care. Beats working for a living”

Now, that is only one. But I’d guess there would be more today because that was the pre-Insta era.

Now simply being a WAG gets you a blue tick and the sponsors and partnerships roll in fairly quickly then.

FWIW - I absolutely agree with everything you’ve said.

I haven’t done the #s but my guess would be the # of players who marry during their career would be higher than the national average for that demograohic. Just a guess.

The majority seem to be a pretty conservative bunch with a small percentile having a more radical ‘party minded’ attitude - it could even be argued these guys lead the others on - hence the Lions debacle.

Yeah, it's like the people defending this behaviour have never bothered to consider why they are actually in a long-term relationship in the first place.

Sorry, maybe I'm being incredibly naive and old-fashioned but if I had to take a guess, I'd go with it's because they love them? And that they haven't told them about what they're planning to get up to on the boys' trip because it would devastate them? So maybe don't be in a long-term relationship, or don't root around behind your partner's back?

It would be Scary if he got Sporty with Ginger and nearly had a Baby............

One high profile NRL Wag from a few years ago;

“He can go out and ** anything he likes. As long as he keeps money coming in and he doesn’t get a s* pregnant I couldn’t care. Beats working for a living”

Now, that is only one. But I’d guess there would be more today because that was the pre-Insta era.

Now simply being a WAG gets you a blue tick and the sponsors and partnerships roll in fairly quickly then.

FWIW - I absolutely agree with everything you’ve said.
I think as part of this relationship advice program for draftees that I suggested, there should be an entire section on gold diggers and how to avoid them.

I haven’t done the #s but my guess would be the # of players who marry during their career would be higher than the national average for that demograohic. Just a guess.

The majority seem to be a pretty conservative bunch with a small percentile having a more radical ‘party minded’ attitude - it could even be argued these guys lead the others on - hence the Lions debacle.
You may be right about the stats, but on the majority being conservative, is that actually a reflection of their heartfelt individual values, or just a pattern they've fallen into based on their upbringing and the values of those around them? While it's impossible to know what someone else feels deep down, it's clear that some social conservatives (though not all) are simply repressed. We've all heard of people who were virulently homophobic, but were later found to be secretly gay themselves, they were just self-loathing and repressing their feelings, due to the unaccepting values of their upbringing.

I'm sure many AFL players are truly socially conservative in their personal lives, but we've seen case after case of players who married/committed young and really shouldn't have (Carey, Rohan, Stringer etc). It's more than just a small percentile, I reckon.

Yeah, it's like the people defending this behaviour have never bothered to consider why they are actually in a long-term relationship in the first place.

Sorry, maybe I'm being incredibly naive and old-fashioned but if I had to take a guess, I'd go with it's because they love them? And that they haven't told them about what they're planning to get up to on the boys' trip because it would devastate them? So maybe don't be in a long-term relationship, or don't root around behind your partner's back?
Yeah, I guess my conclusion is the same as yours. The next step in the thought process after that is, trying to understand why they chose to be in a long-term relationship if they do have a desire to root around behind their partner's back. I agree they probably love their partner, but two people can love each other and still be incompatible, if one really wants fidelity and the other has more than a brief passing desire to play the field. Maybe there are more people that fit into the latter category than we think among players, but they've been taught that getting into a committed relationship is what they should do.

You may be right about the stats, but on the majority being conservative, is that actually a reflection of their heartfelt individual values, or just a pattern they've fallen into based on their upbringing and the values of those around them? While it's impossible to know what someone else feels deep down, it's clear that some social conservatives (though not all) are simply repressed. We've all heard of people who were virulently homophobic, but were later found to be secretly gay themselves, they were just self-loathing and repressing their feelings, due to the unaccepting values of their upbringing.

I'm sure many AFL players are truly socially conservative in their personal lives, but we've seen case after case of players who married/committed young and really shouldn't have (Carey, Rohan, Stringer etc). It's more than just a small percentile, I reckon.

Yeah, I guess my conclusion is the same as yours. The next step in the thought process after that is, trying to understand why they chose to be in a long-term relationship if they do have a desire to root around behind their partner's back. I agree they probably love their partner, but two people can love each other and still be incompatible, if one really wants fidelity and the other has more than a brief passing desire to play the field. Maybe there are more people that fit into the latter category than we think among players, but they've been taught that getting into a committed relationship is what they should do.
The fact that those named married early indicates a fairly conformist if not conservative employee group.

I think the long term relationship thing is ‘driven’ by that environment - and as your sound examples prove - it often proves a mistake, sooner or later.

Geez this really fizzed out.

Without being able to connect it to our form anymore, all that's left is the already well understood fact that a sizeable proportion of any AFL list is on the nose beers, rooting around or both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back