Rumour Trouble at Brisbane? Do NOT Name Names, Thank You - BF Admin

Remove this Banner Ad

100% correct.

Brissy basically popping smoke... I saw no denial or debunking of the rumour today other than whatever happened in U, S & A isn't the cause of their poor form.

True what Daly said that it's not the club's business who or what players stick their diddles legally in...

But they’re denying the entire crux of the story though, that it’s causing a rift in the player group.

Without that, the “story” is that one of the players cheating on their partner overseas 5 months ago.

Okay? I didn’t realise we as footy fans gave a flying f*ck

But they’re denying the entire crux of the story though, that it’s causing a rift in the player group.

Without that, the “story” is that one of the players cheating on their partner overseas 5 months ago.

I reckon you'd find yourself caring a lot more if it was another side and not the team you support...

Some are suggesting that the IT department do an education session with the playing group. Topics to be covered:
  • how to use a burner phone
  • ⁠Apps you can download to hide other apps
  • ⁠Coded language. e.g Going to the strippers can be going to the boondocks
  • ⁠Some handy pre-prepared excuses for the kit bag. “I really needed to go to the toilet. I ran into the first place that was open. Turned out it was a T**ty bar. The bathroom was only available to customers only. I bought one drink”

Tommy boy now reporting that Brisbane are considering a boycott of 3AW and the Herald Sun. Courier Mail gets a pass?
What a crock of shite. The Nine network (incl 3AW, & The Age) and the Herald Sun (& the subsequent News network incl Foxtel) should call that out for the petulance that it is and refuse to report on Brisbane until they stop playing games and behave like a professional football club. This is a news story whether they want it to be or not. How long it's a news story depends on them and crap like that will just make it a story for longer.

Have you been living under a rock for the entirety of the 21st century? Sex and celebrity gossip sells and is reported as news.

Your club is trying to spin that whatever happened on the US trip isn’t impacting onfield performance. That may be the case or it could be club spin.

Your club hasn’t come out and denied the main story of player “indiscretions” on the US trip getting back to WAGs via synched devices.

Might be a quid pro quo. Seems an adult option.

More sensible than living in denial and creating unrealistic expectations. For most people it doesn't matter.

But a sports star who gets married young is living in a different set of circumstances to most people.
You're either an unfaithful dirtbag or you're not. It's pretty simple.

What a crock of shite. The Nine network (incl 3AW, & The Age) and the Herald Sun (& the subsequent News network incl Foxtel) should call that out for the petulance that it is and refuse to report on Brisbane until they stop playing games and behave like a professional football club. This is a news story whether they want it to be or not. How long it's a news story depends on them and crap like that will just make it a story for longer.
Is it Damien Hardwick who still refuses to talk to 3AW. Did you ever call him out for petulance when he was Richmond coach?

Very much a meh story as is turns out, only picked up by two 'journos'. Large segments of the media and broader AFL community critical that this was ever even raised as a story. If you care about the personal relationships of players then you're in too deep.

The fact that the original story contained factually incorrect information, some of which was very basic information to get wrong and which could have easily been fact checked, muddys the water and will help this go away as quickly as it came.

They already don't report on Brisbane, aside from the generic coverage that every team in the comp gets. So 0x0 is still 0 :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back